Post by botus99 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:06 am

If I had to rate the skins...

1 - Red
2 - White
3 - Black
4 - Green
5 - Blue

FWIW :mrgreen:
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | DL32R / ZED-R16 / 2x Digi003 (1 Black Lion modded, 1 Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond EQ Trans & Lift, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, El Rey, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Celestial, Taupe, Lemon

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Re: Coral

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:43 am

giancarlo wrote:Optional for the exception of white, which is a gift for vips
And how does one get into this very restricted club ?
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:03 am

Basically one of those points
- Number of boughs (ie more than xxx acustica products)
- Career (ie grammy, popularity of artists) if you declare it via mail
It will be our discretion. Something similar happened in the hardware world with the limited edition concept (when not linked with a simple concept of money or number of products).

A product like coral is the right one for this kind of treatment.
Sound will be exactly the same - but we don't exclude that in the future vips could get something slightly improved in a limited edition form. I like the fact it is the result of a connection with the customer and a private reward.

Atm it is just a matter of colors.

I agree with preferences, red and white are the best ones. Red is the best color for the global release.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:14 am

OK, then let me say that I'll have a grammy for SURE with Coral white. FOR SURE !! You decide, now.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:01 am

giancarlo wrote:Optional for the exception of white, which is a gift for vips
Who cares about the white one as I like the black one :D

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:23 am

Avgatzeblouz wrote:OK, then let me say that I'll have a grammy for SURE with Coral white. FOR SURE !! You decide, now.
:D same here

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:13 am

Avgatzeblouz wrote:OK, then let me say that I'll have a grammy for SURE with Coral white. FOR SURE !!
Only 1, sheesh :!: :?: :mrgreen:

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:15 am

One more question
For my mastering setup I need MID SIDE EQ and Compressor with internal HP filter side chain.
Can one instance of Coral do this?

Dimzo

Re: very important pen*s

Post by Dimzo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:20 pm

giancarlo wrote:...we don't exclude that in the future vips could get something slightly improved in a limited edition form...

Atm it is just a matter of colors...
so you would leave the "normal" customer with a version that is not "slightly improved"?

really guys, i don't care about damn colours but if you start to give the best sounding tools only to vips then why should normal customers pay for the crippled version? i would be pissed off big time if i pay for coral now and then you release a "slightly improved" version for vips only later... i mean wtf!?

i buy your stuff because i want to have the best you can deliver and not something artificially crippled...

instead of wasting time on this why not just make the meters on the previous releases better or something more useful...

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Dimzo wrote:
giancarlo wrote:...we don't exclude that in the future vips could get something slightly improved in a limited edition form...

Atm it is just a matter of colors...
so you would leave the "normal" customer with a version that is not "slightly improved"?

really guys, i don't care about damn colours but if you start to give the best sounding tools only to vips then why should normal customers pay for the crippled version? i would be pissed off big time if i pay for coral now and then you release a "slightly improved" version for vips only later... i mean wtf!?

i buy your stuff because i want to have the best you can deliver and not something artificially crippled...

instead of wasting time on this why not just make the meters on the previous releases better or something more useful...
Today they are just of matter of colors. We are speaking about something possible. It happens even on debts cards... Good customer or important customer should be rewarded in some way

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:02 pm

giancarlo wrote: ...
Today they are just of matter of colors. We are speaking about something possible. It happens even on debts cards... Good customer or important customer should be rewarded in some way
i wholeheartedly disagree!
this is part of the mess we have today in societies. people who already have much or are rich or privileged and so on, get more for free.
(i don't speak about the voucher system here, that involves all customers equally!)

why? they don't need that! nobody needs to be rewarded for buying expensive things or being an important person other than a honest "thank you".

please don't be part of that mess.
the reaction you got on it above just shows how unjust this is.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx el capitan - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit), mixbus 6

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

Dimzo

Post by Dimzo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:09 pm

good customers get good discounts and that is something that i can understand but it's not understandable for me if you give a new customer a version that is sonically or feature wise not as good as the version for vips..

as you said today it's only colours but tomorrow.. who knows...
in the end you can do what you want, i'm just expressing my opinion on this and imho there are other way's to honour your vips..

what i can say without doubt is that i won't pay for a crippled version, i'd rather don't buy that product at all but that might be just me.

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:06 pm

i wont pay for a crippled version either.

basically, i second mathias's post. I hate the VIP culture.

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Post by ngarjuna » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:10 pm

This elitism is an ongoing theme for Acustica the last couple years which is really weird to those of us who have been around for a while because it is so totally contrary to the way things used to be. Once upon a time Giancarlo portrayed himself as more of a Robin Hood type figure whose goal was something along the lines of creating an audio processing system that would bring the advantages of totally unaffordable, needlessly exclusive hardware to the masses.

Now Acustica is all caught up with these notions of exclusivity:
-Pearl's limited availability (which, as I've said before, is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard in a plugin)
-Ultramarine's pricing (which, as I've also said before, is totally at odds with making unaffordable things affordable and completely out of whack with the entire plugin market)
-You can see in the GS thread but Giancarlo tends to gush over 'celebrity' users lately, their opinions are the ones he seems to care about, requotes, etc.
-Every new product brings something 'never before available' to the table (which, in my humble opinion, Acustica brings very little that is 'new' to the subject of audio production [we users don't care if the DSP is new], rather a lot which is just 'good'); all of the sudden it's not good enough for Nebula to be peoples' choice of processor, it has to be something they "can't mix without!" or can't get anywhere else.

And now this skin. Sure, it's only a skin color (not something that would concern me and no, I wouldn't consider not having that skin choice a crippled plugin [although the smart thing to have done would have been to offer the white to the celebrity users you want to offer it to and keep your mouth shut about it to everyone else]). But watching Acustica turn from the Champion of the Proletariat into something more hawkish and commercially aware is bizarre and not entirely welcome. Success can be a double edged sword I guess.