SAND out now!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: SAND out now!

Post by Andrums » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:59 pm

giancarlo wrote:good news: fixed zl version. Now mode "25" is working completely. We'll publish a new version soon.
There is still a crash bug on the preset system on mac osx side, but this version is extremely stable
Good!
Mode "11" is more stable on Mac with all versions,but uses more CPU

solarduan
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by solarduan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Good news for the update of the new engine!
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/christopher.duran.946
The Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in China mainland
Acustica Audio中国大陆唯一授权经销商:
Chengdu Audiophile Technology Co.,Ltd. of China mainland

chrisarvan
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by chrisarvan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:35 am

If you switch the sidechain on with bus4 it is now asking for authorization. come on guys...

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:15 am

chrisarvan wrote:If you switch the sidechain on with bus4 it is now asking for authorization. come on guys...
Had the same issue which i have already submitted a ticket but no solution from AA yet.

What i did was i downloaded and install "Upgrade to SAND FAB4 44.1 48 88.2 96 OSX VST AU rel G". Check if Bus4 with side chain is working without asking for authorization. Then install the latest FAB4 update. Both Bus4 and Bus4ZL should work without asking for authorization but if it does require you to authorise again, just install "Upgrade to SAND FAB4 44.1 48 88.2 96 OSX VST AU rel G" until they come out with an update.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:11 am

I'll repost myself
For mac osx wait the incoming upgrade OR open a ticket
It's a matter of hours

Btw: latest version on mac osx is "p", but for example sand zl is not working, sand strip is based on optimization 11 and not 25 and so on
There is an huge improvement on the stability side, we are just waiting for the upload of the new installer. Today we'll tell you exactly when it will be available

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

giancarlo wrote:Good news, we had big improvements on mac osx, on the stability side.
It is not perfect, but we have an idea about a possible solution
I think it explains why mac osx is a bit different than Windows- I'm speaking about hangs and crashes. Threads are cancelled and this is causing a lot of problems
Sand channel strip rel Q (based into engine version 1.4.126) for OSX; AAX, VST2 and AU format uploaded today.

All ticket related with BUS4 side-chain missing files replayed with direct link download.

FAB4 upgrade will be uploaded very soon.

- You can run this new installer without re-install FAB4 or 48/88 frequency pack.
- No additional license request is need it.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 pm

markgalup wrote:I hate to be a bummer, but I'm still getting clicks and pops on Bus A Pre on my mix buss. Ticket is open but no responses recently. Are you aware of this and working on it? On mac 10.10.5 with PT 12.4.

Thanks,
MG
Enrique, can you please comment on this? I am rapidly approaching completion of a record with BusA on the 2 buss and this needs to get solved or Sand Bus A Pre (my favorite sounding) can not be used in actual production.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 pm

The update is about crash bugs

Audio spikes:
I guess your levels are hot, input trim should be -18dB for a 0dbFS track- I'm speaking about audio pops not related with dropouts or cpu spikes

Cpu spikes:
About cpu spikes: main sand plugin is using the correct optimization level now - it was downgraded cause an increase of crash counts.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 pm

giancarlo wrote:The update is about crash bugs

Audio spikes:
I guess your levels are hot, input trim should be -18dB for a 0dbFS track- I'm speaking about audio pops not related with dropouts or cpu spikes

Cpu spikes:
About cpu spikes: main sand plugin is using the correct optimization level now - it was downgraded cause an increase of crash counts.
My audio cracks and pops aren't spikes - they sound like dropped samples and it's ONLY happening in Bus A. I can't believe no one else is heaing this. I am literally having to take it off of completed mixes right now because it is too bad even though I love the tone. I have an active ticket and I sent Enrique a session with the issue. Still no response. My gain levels are great and well below -18 dB RMS or FS. Please help because the issue is not present with Bus B! It sounds like non-crossfaded switching of samples or something.
Mark Galup
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:19 pm

open a ticket
No we don't have it.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:22 pm

giancarlo wrote:open a ticket
No we don't have it.
G, I said in the last part of my post above that I have an active ticket open. Enrique is not responding.
Mark Galup
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:22 pm

In such case it means he will answer.
If the system closes the ticket just open it again.
I understand the frustation but it is a single preamp in a very complex plugin featuring so many things and not replicated by other users, even by myself
I guess you are running out of resources or the preamp is in overflow or something specific is happening. I guess you had the same exact issue in the trial version.
Possibly Enrique is already trying to replicate it and it requires time

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:44 pm

giancarlo wrote:In such case it means he will answer.
If the system closes the ticket just open it again.
I understand the frustation but it is a single preamp in a very complex plugin featuring so many things and not replicated by other users, even by myself
I guess you are running out of resources or the preamp is in overflow or something specific is happening. I guess you had the same exact issue in the trial version.
Possibly Enrique is already trying to replicate it and it requires time
Thanks, G - I'm not upset, but yes just frustrated because my mixes were going through Bus A pre which is to me the best sounding by far, and the sound was dependent on it.

I think I do have a problem with sample rate - it truly sounds like dropping/unfaded samples - I've done tons of troubleshooting before and this is what I'm thinking. I'm also getting crackles and pops from Lime EQ at times, as well as White2 (but this one does not have a 48k pack available). My levels are perfect, and it happens in sessions with 1 plugin open.

I mean the following to be helpful: What I wish is that Enrique would reply with some options to try. I understand in tech troubleshooting that it is tough to fix if he can't reproduce, but I just want some options to try to get my sample rate locked somehow.

In SAND, I tried setting Default Sample Rate to 48k - didn't fix it.
Tried setting Dynamic Sample Rate Conversion to 0 - didn't fix it.
Tried setting DSP Buffer to 2048 - didn't fix it.

I'll stop now and hope that Enrique gets back to me soon. I may try reinstalling Nebula.

MG
Mark Galup
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:00 am

All things require patience.
Simple tickets are answered immediately.
Complex tickets are answered later. We need to reproduce your exact condition (sequencer, audio). Than if positive they need to guess a reason.

Two things:
- We provide full functional trials. I guess the trial exhibit the same issue on your side. And there are not other similar tickets, so I guess it is something specific
- If you really cannot live without that specific preamp in your specific sessions and the time you are waiting is not fair just ask for a refund. For us it is way more simple. This plugin sold really a lot, I understand if it is not working once.
That way we have more time for checking specific questions and make it perfect in all situations. We are a small company and debugging requires time - I see customers of other companies are waiting ages for simple fixes, other companies are small ones too. I can see within in a couples of months from its release we have finally a very stable version on mac osx, we solved and fixed more than 10 different bugs and really a big number of tickets. It required an huge effort on our side. I'm happy because finally we don't have almost reports (enrique told me they are less than 10 now, it means the product is working for almost every possible customer). I'm not defensive, and I'm not arguing the plugin is completely bug free, and possibly other customers are experiencing the same issues, I don't know. But maybe a single preamp in a plugin featuring 5 preamps, 2 equalizers, 2 compressors is considered not a catastrophic failure. I told, we are working hard and we'll check also this issue (which was never reported from the beta team)

I see, your issue is 48 khz specific. It could be depending on a lot of things, for example your sequencer could send a strange combination of commands which are causing dropouts. (It could be everything, even a false sample rate or buffer size change). It's very important we reproduce the issue so we can suggest a workaround.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:13 pm

I confirm the BUS compressor has no open tickets for the exception of a single report from markgalup.

If someone has issues of any kind just send both the audio and the session with is causing issues.
Mark: keep in touch with support, they told me they tried to replicate all possible issues for a whole weekend but unfortunately the compressor did not exhibit any kind of issues.

At this point we'll renew the trial version so you could test the new version