Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Re: SAND out now!

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:36 pm

giancarlo wrote:Yes O is the last one
I'll tell the boys to rename mac osx versions
Trials: we said several times, we'll upload new trials, possibly tomorrow
So O is final ? Just to make perfectly clear for my semi-brain.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Yes for windows

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:19 pm

A note: we are still investigating the routing knob crash on mac osx
We'll upload new trial versions.
Till the situation is not fixed we'll not close the presale period.
I'm completing an urgent development I cannot stop in the middle, around Friday I should be back on the knob

harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Post by harmonik » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:06 am

I installed the Sand trial to do some demoing/testing (Cubase 7.5, Win 7 64), now that the versioning seems to be stabilizing. I wanted to check aliasing for one thing (I use 44.1), so I put up an oscillator to get a sine and pulled up Voxengo Span.

Next, I loaded up the Sand Bus4 trial to run the sine through it and within a second or two I got the "noise burst" mentioned by people here before. This was before dialing in anything; basically the final moments of the plug/GUI loading. Since I already had Span up before this event I got to see what this "noise burst" actually is... Nothing less than a continuous full scale 0 dBFS from 20 Hz to 20 kHz... a solid block of 0 dBFS! (Wow, Span is full green!) This is definitely due to Sand because I've been running this same project for years to test plugs; when I deleted Sand, the burst went away, along with all Stereo Out (i.e. Master bus signal) from my project. Channel meters still show signals, but Stereo Out channel is dead (no sound, no meter, though routing is same as before). Had to reload the project after saving without Sand trial instantiated.

Good thing I had it already turned down with an analog volume controller! That was crAAzy (pun intended)! Someone's speakers may get shredded!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:21 am

But they plugin is working? Is the trial expired? Ist it compressing properly?
Open a ticket so we can replicate the issue. Basically bus4 is a single nebula instance, it has a very basic implementation, so what you have is not normal

We'll post a new trial soon, the ones that are online are old (we said that)

chrisarvan
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by chrisarvan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:29 am

hey guys, Bus4 does not sound the same as the channel strip compressor (with no routing engaged it should right?). With exactly the same settings, Bus4 reacts very differently and It does not sound as good as the strip compressor. It has a more aggressive and choppy response.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:16 am

raise a ticket because they are using the same exact program

chrisarvan
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by chrisarvan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:31 am

It's totally different. not even close. can't believe nobody has noticed. set the settings the same on a mix and check it out for yourself. Even if you try to tweak it you can't get even close to the same sound. The way it grabs with the attack is a night and day difference. I Don't have time to open a ticket. just use this. it affects everyone, not just me. I've spent a lot of money on your plug-ins. If you want me to be a beta tester, I'll send you a ticket. these are things that should have been caught by beta testers.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:13 am

are you sure you are testing the same exact preset with the same exact settings - and insane mode activated in the same way?
Here it is ok. They are using the same "object".
Enrique will answer to your ticket if you open it because we need to replicate your issue in the same conditions and possibly on the same audio.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:06 pm

chrisarvan wrote:It's totally different. not even close. can't believe nobody has noticed. set the settings the same on a mix and check it out for yourself. Even if you try to tweak it you can't get even close to the same sound. The way it grabs with the attack is a night and day difference. I Don't have time to open a ticket. just use this. it affects everyone, not just me. I've spent a lot of money on your plug-ins. If you want me to be a beta tester, I'll send you a ticket. these are things that should have been caught by beta testers.
Which is the ticket code?
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 pm

A new version of Sand FAB4 commercial for OS X and Windows is available in download section.

Please read IMPORTANT text note for detailed installation sequence.

We are going to upload a trial new version soon.
Best regards,

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:17 pm

This an small part of an answer for a customer that could in interesting for everyone.

This is a SMAART plot from Sand channel strip high pass filter at 20 Hz, reduction is -7.11 dB at 20 Hz, -3.95 dB at 40 Hz and -0.15 dB 80 Hz.
SAND FLT.JPG
Now spend time in phase plot, as you can see phase go to 90 degrees, so is a 2 pole filter as specified in the original operations manual.
Best regards,

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:07 pm

whats new/fixed in the curent versions?
best regards

Pim1961
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Pim1961 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Is it usual business for Acustica to sell plugins that are not working well?

I bought Sand and I can do NOTHING with it because Cubase freezes every time I open a project where Sand is used.

Why? No respons yet from Support other than asking if I have a trail version. Saturday my client is coming back - will Sand be fixed by then?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Wait: was the trial version working? Please open a ticket