SAND out now!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Support
Expert
Expert

Re: SAND out now!

Post by Support » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:53 pm

theheliosequence wrote:
giancarlo wrote:but the user manual is maybe the best product user manual on the whole internet!

update on the reported bug about latency compensation: we could not reproduce it. We even coded a little tester for it. I see someone had troubles using a wrapper.
Normally the plug saves the state storing also frequency rate details. If you reload the song at a different sample rate you could experience issues. The wrapper could set the sample rate later, and so on, causing issues (once it is reloaded we cannot convert samples to a different rate any more).

Sample rate and synchronization is anyway a part of a complex project we have in our roadmap, my plan is to reload acquas at a different frequency rate when possible or even to change rate later (supporting at least most important frequency rates).

What to do: wait for FAB4 plugins and tell us if you still experience issues. Debugging there is extremely easier for us there, because we could exclude at least routing.
If still the issue persists (or you have a clear path of actions to repeat and which cause a trouble) just open a ticket, we need more details about your system.
Yes, I can confirm on my end it is only happening when using either Blue Cat Patchwork or Nyrv Agent (On a Windows 7 64bit machine). It will always be off at first (the delay compensation), but i've found that it will correct itself after closing and reopening the session. Strange that this is the only Acqua to have this issue (and I have most of them :-) if it's a problem with both Patchwork and Agent.

Perhaps the latest AAX wrapper will make this Acqua more CPU friendly than previous versions. The main reason I've been using VSTs hosted in Blue Cat is that is seems to be more CPU friendly. I'd be curious if anyone on the Beta team has ever tested if there was CPU usage difference between VST and AAX?
Seems we should report delay in a different way in some hosts. Note Blue Cat Audio = JUCE in AAX format.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm

MFX wrote:Been testing this in Cubase 8.5.2 x64 on Win10x64.

First off I really want to get this in the toolbox. The end results are very very pleasing when using in chain.
What I have found unfortunately is a lot of Snap,crackles and pops when playing back with all modules on and trying to adjust any parameters. I'm really struggling to find it usable in session.

I tried to see if different host made a different, unfortunately present in all (Cubase, Wavelab, Ozone).

I have tested this with an empty project, loaded up a single audio file unmastered and the crackling issues surfaces as soon as any knobs/parameters are touched.

Any advice or parameters tweaks to avoid or drastically reduce this please.
My system is pretty rigorous when loading plugins ie can have over 3 dozen plugins active and running on a project without issue. I cant imagine Sand is that demanding and hoping there's a workaround.

Like I said loving the end result, in session the journey is a struggle and verging on unusable. Appreciate any tips please.

Thanks

System specs
i7 @2.66ghz/12GB Ram @1300mhz/RME Fireface 800 @44/32 with 256buffer.
Setup RME at 1024 samples buffer and audio host at 4096 samples buffer. Run a simple test session and measure driver delay with latencymon (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) in order to detect which application and driver/hardware related is creating lost audio buffers in your system.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

MFX
User Level II
User Level II

Post by MFX » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:21 pm

giancarlo wrote:update: we debugged all nasty crash things on windows side. Today we'll post the fix.
Just noticed the dmoe update :)
Release is updated to B from A.

Thanks
Last edited by MFX on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

linkstate
User Level II
User Level II

Post by linkstate » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Support wrote:
MFX wrote:Been testing this in Cubase 8.5.2 x64 on Win10x64.

First off I really want to get this in the toolbox. The end results are very very pleasing when using in chain.
What I have found unfortunately is a lot of Snap,crackles and pops when playing back with all modules on and trying to adjust any parameters. I'm really struggling to find it usable in session.

I tried to see if different host made a different, unfortunately present in all (Cubase, Wavelab, Ozone).

I have tested this with an empty project, loaded up a single audio file unmastered and the crackling issues surfaces as soon as any knobs/parameters are touched.

Any advice or parameters tweaks to avoid or drastically reduce this please.
My system is pretty rigorous when loading plugins ie can have over 3 dozen plugins active and running on a project without issue. I cant imagine Sand is that demanding and hoping there's a workaround.

Like I said loving the end result, in session the journey is a struggle and verging on unusable. Appreciate any tips please.

Thanks

System specs
i7 @2.66ghz/12GB Ram @1300mhz/RME Fireface 800 @44/32 with 256buffer.
Setup RME at 1024 samples buffer and audio host at 4096 samples buffer. Run a simple test session and measure driver delay with latencymon (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) in order to detect which application and driver/hardware trelated is creating lost audio buffers in your system.
Not the only one. I had similar problems with first releases of Navy. Sand is jumpimg in cpu load in regular fashion also if you dont touch anything. It is only matter of plugin instance count where it begins. These spikes goes up in 3-4 sec. Also spikes when changing paramaters and also several crashes during heavy testing (only 10-20 fully loaded instances with routing). I think it is related to these regular spikes where jitter goes to 100% (in Bitwigs performance monitor). On Pink it is without spikes on my system. I am sorry to say that but as a beta it would ok and these things should be catched and optimized during internal testing. Other than that. I have also usability problems with small knobs movement precision. I have no clue if it moves in small step or is on the same place. It goes very quickly to 4db of gain reduction (increase) which is huge sometimes. Also the screen is ureadable even if I dont consider myself as color blind and no graphic profesional these colors and fonts are total graphic fail for me.
And for the sound - it looks after one quick usage that it is very good companion to Pink family and is more flexible.Buss compressor is much much better.I see huge amount of work but user experience is kind of legacy of bad old Acustica interface. :(

MFX
User Level II
User Level II

Post by MFX » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Support wrote: Setup RME at 1024 samples buffer and audio host at 4096 samples buffer. Run a simple test session and measure driver delay with latencymon (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) in order to detect which application and driver/hardware related is creating lost audio buffers in your system.
Perfect. Set the host latency to 8192 in the end and no significant crackles and pops. This is great news as likely I would only use this as a single instance. Just booting up Cubase and see how it goes.

The latency, for me, is not an issue as I would only use Sand during mixdown or audio exports rather than love playback/recording.

Thanks.

Ill email support next time :)

phopho
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by phopho » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:10 pm

giancarlo wrote:update: we debugged all nasty crash things on windows side. Today we'll post the fix.
We have still a crash bug on mac osx (it happens when you dial the routing knob). We are investigating

Today we'll release SAND BUS4, maybe also SAND PRE4.
We are betatesting in our office now. We'll provide it also to our betatesting team, but a bug is almost impossible (I mean we cannot add a new bug compared with the actual SAND because we are recycling all objects). GUI implemented today in BUS4 and PRE4 is still temporary (final colors and renders on next update). This will not prevent you from mixing :D
Other news: starting from this point ALL installers will be rather small, because we'll not repeat the vector and the framework folder.

We are also running benchmarks
Hi Giancarlo,
Where are BUS4 and PRE4 plugins i cant find them anywhere...?

Thank you

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:15 pm

they are checking them quickly...
Everything is working, only PRE4 on BUS A has a bit of noise beyond the audible region, we'll fix it tomorrow (and we'll release also EQU4)

Update for mac osx users: we found a reason of routing issues/crashes. It is linked with parallel loading of instances. In the night we'll upload a version with a workaround. I tried the routing knob for a while and the version seems pretty stable now.

phopho
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by phopho » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:22 pm

giancarlo wrote:they are checking them quickly...
Everything is working, only PRE4 on BUS A has a bit of noise beyond the audible region, we'll fix it tomorrow (and we'll release also EQU4)

Update for mac osx users: we found a reason of routing issues/crashes. It is linked with parallel loading of instances. In the night we'll upload a version with a workaround. I tried the routing knob for a while and the version seems pretty stable now.
Thank you for the reply !!! Pretty cool to know that !!
All that said Sand is just a killing game plugin, congrats !!!
And the BUS compressor "Oh my God" !!!!!! :D

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:50 pm

I have an issue with Fab4 pre...it asks for register the plugin!
but the compressor works flawlessy.
maybe I'm missing some steps?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:07 pm

I suggest to install setup "i"
I guess you installed a previous one. Preamp vectors changed in latest release. Starting from version "i" you can use these updates and future ones

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:14 pm

I repeat things before they are lost
- Install setup "i" before updating
- Don't use bus A of pre4. A fix will be available tomorrow together with equ4
- S symbol in bus4 is the external sidechain. If you load in a stereo channel it will use the normal audio path for the sidechain.

chrisarvan
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by chrisarvan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:12 pm

Someone else already asked this -

Where are BUS4 and PRE4 plugins i cant find them anywhere...?

It sounds like you have released them. I do not see them anywhere in my account. I purchased Sand the day it came out.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Windows: they should be available
Mac osx: tomorrow in the early morning

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:06 am

giancarlo wrote:I repeat things before they are lost
- Install setup "i" before updating
- Don't use bus A of pre4. A fix will be available tomorrow together with equ4
- S symbol in bus4 is the external sidechain. If you load in a stereo channel it will use the normal audio path for the sidechain.
Thanks Giancarlo,
very strange because I already installed the I version since its release day.
Anyway I'll wait for the tomorrow fix ;)

ceemusic

Post by ceemusic » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:52 am

Just an update.
Working with SAND ( Trial) in Cubase 8.5 today & it freezes the projects up every so often. This is using only 1 instance, also froze up a few times when rendering.
I've been using other Acqua/ Nebula in these projects, been working on them for several months now w/o any crashes or freezing.
I'm now going to try the FAB 4 although I only see the Pre & Comp available.
It's sounding nice though.