Core Technologies

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X

Core Technologies

Post by kenbobplus3db » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:31 pm

It is time for a web page update!

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/acqua-cores lists Core 13 as the last technology improvement.

I'm getting some understanding of what the new core technologies do by reading user manuals of the updated Acqas. We are now up to Core 16 which may be most noticeable by the promised reduction in CPU load, but will it also have an audible change? Some explanation of Core 16 indicates that there's also some de-noising of the samples as well and that should have an audible result.

Core 15 included the new variable harmonic distortion based on input drive level and that will definitely have an audible effect on the updated Acquas.

Why is this important? For the last week I've been working on an album project using both Pink4-2412 compression and the Pink4 EQ. Yesterday we've received notice that Pink 4 is now updated to Core 16. Do I dare install the update and risk a sonic change from the approved EQs (thus angering my client)? This time I choose to wait until the album is done before updating, but some explanation of how the core improvements will affect the audio is always appreciated.

Ri Chie
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Core Technologies

Post by Ri Chie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:10 am

Do all of the Acqua plugins really have the Core 16 already ? That's what the individual product pages say (every single one of them), but it wasn't a too long time ago when few of those plugins still showed a much older Core versions there.

kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Core Technologies

Post by kenbobplus3db » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:05 pm

I noticed recent updates to Magenta, Purple and Cream. Should I expect a sonic or performance change related to these updates? Naturally I'm a little nervous about updating when I have open projects using these plugins. It would be bad form if the sound approved by my clients were to suddenly change.

Can anybody give me a hint of what the core technologies change is?