emErALd

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
fabio.migliorati

Re: Emerald

Post by fabio.migliorati » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:32 am

Beatworld wrote:
fabio.migliorati wrote:
Beatworld wrote:I've installed and authorised the release version (1.4.009.0 rel E) of Emerald on OS X 10.10.5 running Logic 10.2.

When using the Filter on the stereo bus there is a major (12db at least) drop in volume when pre-amp H is selected.

It doesn't happen with pre-amp H in the full Emerald version.

It doesn't happen at all with pre-amp P.

I've logged a ticket.

Anyone else seeing this ??
I will check it soon! Can you tell me which samplerate?
Best

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:01 am

fabio.migliorati wrote:I will check it soon! Can you tell me which samplerate?

Best

and it is actually REL B of the Filter (REL E was the full Emerald)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:21 am

Emerald FILTER VST-64

Also confirming [reported]

PreAmp: 'H' is -10dB down.

SampleRate: 44.1k
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:20 am

REL C of the AU version has fixed the volume drop issue with H pre-amp in the stand alone Filter.

Now that I have both pre-amps working in the Filter I notice that with exactly the same input trim and output settings the readings on the input and output meters are very different when playing exactly the same track/stereo mix.

With P the output meter in particular is pretty much hard to the right in the red.
With H it is about in the middle of the black.

Note: The levels aren't really different - just the readings on the meters, so maybe they are calibrated differently in each pre-amp model ??

I have updated my Ticket and included screen grabs of the meters issue in both P and H mode.

One other thing, it doesnt seem like the Input trim changes levels much at all..... anyone else notice this ??

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 am

inputtrim is not supposed to change overall levels!

it gives you higher inputlevels to bring lowlevel sources up and to maybe drive the preamps. it compensates for it at the output. that is the way it is intended.

edit: to get the most out of the harmonic distortion the preamps provide, levels need to be in certain optimum range. not too low, not too high.

use the inputlevelmeter to check, if the levels are too low. if you want to drive a preamp go carefullly up with the inputtrim until you hear the artefacts crawling in, then you know you are too high ;) back up a few db, to stay on the safe side.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx el capitan - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit), mixbus 6

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:27 am

mathias wrote:inputtrim is not supposed to change overall levels!

it gives you higher inputlevels to bring lowlevel sources up and to maybe drive the preamps. it compensates for it at the output. that is the way it is intended.

edit: to get the most out of the harmonic distortion the preamps provide, levels need to be in certain optimum range. not too low, not too high.

use the inputlevelmeter to check, if the levels are too low. if you want to drive a preamp go carefullly up with the inputtrim until you hear the artefacts crawling in, then you know you are too high ;) back up a few db, to stay on the safe side.
I see, thanks for that.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:15 am

I'm going to put this here:

The more I use Emerald the more I love it. It's really beautiful and I can't recommend it enough. If you missed out on Pearl do not be discouraged. Emerald is a real gem.

I'd like to thank Acustica for giving us this huge-sounding thing and a big shiny faceplate to match.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:27 pm

nverxion wrote:I'm going to put this here:

The more I use Emerald the more I love it. It's really beautiful and I can't recommend it enough. If you missed out on Pearl do not be discouraged. Emerald is a real gem.

I'd like to thank Acustica for giving us this huge-sounding thing and a big shiny faceplate to match.
yes they are truly missing out, if looking for a compressor/saturator with an EQ that can handle the most intricate of dynamics, what more can you ask for?

i actually don't like the GUI but that's just me, Murano, Pearl and what i've seen from Navy really pleased my eyes too well, you guys doesn't just have the best sounding plugins out there but also the best looking GUI's to come with that quality: - Pearl is my favorite to look at it really looks..real! as if you could touch it.
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:52 pm

i havent comented much about the gui`s before
but totally agree, its the most stunning looking ones
and for me that makes the experience with the aqua`s even better :)
the uad gui`s are really good
but Acustica`s is even better :)

and of course Acustica takes a huge win in sound over the competition any day :D

Cheers
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:56 am

NoNameComesInMind wrote:i actually don't like the GUI but that's just me...
I think it's more the size (for me) than anything. I have generally found larger pieces of gear to simply "appear" more impressive. Having the sound be just as big only plusses the impact. Murano is slightly larger than most Acquas which gives it more of that visual mojo. Of course, black is slick and sexy so it really does fit the bill. I miss the larger gui for Magenta... also one of the things I have mentioned before is that Green3 and Magenta3 both have steered slightly away from the more realistic look in favor of maximizing readability. While I think this is an important point, I will note that the previous version of Green was both realistic and legible. V3 is too saturated and "fake-looking" to me. Perhaps its because the lettering seems to be ignored by the lighting on the faceplate... or the rounder, more childish-looking knobs. It just looks less elite and more like the cheaper plugins coming from other developers.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:55 pm

nverxion wrote:
NoNameComesInMind wrote:i actually don't like the GUI but that's just me...
I think it's more the size (for me) than anything. I have generally found larger pieces of gear to simply "appear" more impressive. Having the sound be just as big only plusses the impact. Murano is slightly larger than most Acquas which gives it more of that visual mojo. Of course, black is slick and sexy so it really does fit the bill. I miss the larger gui for Magenta... also one of the things I have mentioned before is that Green3 and Magenta3 both have steered slightly away from the more realistic look in favor of maximizing readability. While I think this is an important point, I will note that the previous version of Green was both realistic and legible. V3 is too saturated and "fake-looking" to me. Perhaps its because the lettering seems to be ignored by the lighting on the faceplate... or the rounder, more childish-looking knobs. It just looks less elite and more like the cheaper plugins coming from other developers.
right! yeah the black interface sure can give that illusion of depth, especially with reflections.

i own Green and i haven't even tried Green3, too much going on :shock:
but now that you mentioned it, i really liked the green2 gui.

anyhow sound is most important of course, and as put earlier that you'll get your worth for the quality as one would expect, in the case of Emerald (and so many other i can recommend) it's a no hesitation grab.

best,

Mannymac

Post by Mannymac » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:44 am

Will you please give us the option to only buy the filter plugin?

I don't really need another EQ but that filter plugin alone looks like a massive hit!!!

So pleaassee Acustica, it's Christmas :)

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Mannymac wrote:Will you please give us the option to only buy the filter plugin?

I don't really need another EQ but that filter plugin alone looks like a massive hit!!!

So pleaassee Acustica, it's Christmas :)
you would not be dissapointed in Emerald at all if you bought it. If you're looking for coloration from the filter preamp and to boost with another EQ i don't believe you'll achieve what's possible without Emerald itself due to the range that they're are originally tuned for.

i see it as a saturator/compressor with a EQ section, you can really bring together a source with the preamps just touching it - warming it up, and then add what's left out from the original source with the EQ section.

just a couple of thoughts :)

cheers,

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: emErALd

Post by waffleneck » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Ok. I've got issues. I opened a ticket about it. I'm posting this on the forum though because I'm frustrated and not getting any satisfaction. What happened? I was installing plugins, they were working fine.
Up to Emerald Trial was working fine.

Emerald final, White Trial, Ivory2, and the latest Ochre update 1.4.009 are not working. They don't show up on Vienna Ensemble, which I only use as a plugin host to squeeze out more CPU usage out of DP8. They fail the AU scan on DP8.

What's going on? I don't like this direction... I'm on OSX 10.6.8 and not planning on updating in the middle of my album's production.

I just bought White. I'm really annoyed. Tell me you will rectify this because VST doesn't really cut it.
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: emErALd

Post by giancarlo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:22 pm

the only thing which could happen is
- invalidation of the serial of your apple os (did it change?)
- deletion of ser/aut files

but
- ochre doesnt have authorizations of any sort
my guess: did you remove the vst folder? data is located there, even if you use
- maybe vienna is moving folders? I dont think so... just guessing

yes open a ticket, it is easier. In the new system we are building there is an automatic autorepair feature