Pearl 2!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
HDNebula
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by HDNebula » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:09 am

Is there a way that I can change the language to english?

Before there were some plugins with interfaces that were difficult to understand if you don't read the manual, and now the interface is in italian... I honestly don't understand why you guys want to do difficult the things for the customers.

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:29 am

I love the Italian. It's sexy. It doesn't want you to understand. It doesn't care about that. It just wants you to experience it.

It's like those movies I used to stay up to watch on Saturday night when I was a kid. You couldn't understand what they were saying, but you always got to see a little skin...

This thing is an absolute beast!

Acustica just raised the bar. Again.

Rare indeed, Pearl 2. I am one of the lucky few.
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

DarkandKurious
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DarkandKurious » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:45 am

HDNebula wrote:Is there a way that I can change the language to english?

Before there were some plugins with interfaces that were difficult to understand if you don't read the manual, and now the interface is in italian... I honestly don't understand why you guys want to do difficult the things for the customers.
My guess is that they want it to reflect their brand as this is a flagship product 10th anniversary product. Nebula has always about putting a unique stamp on things. I am okay that they reference all the setting in Italian, on an Italian designed software of hardware originally made for the Italian market. It will take a while to get used to it, but eventually my muscle memory will take over. In the meantime, I love the fact that I am exalting the sound. The little ways the language makes what I do more interesting - I access the effect, I modulate the attack, I make a miscellaneous blend, I set the input to a sensible level (much more revealing than calibration). Some of the others will take a lot of getting used to, but it is no different to using a compressor with words like hysteresis, SHMOD, KI or HARA. Eventually I'll learn to grab the right controls. :)
macOS Sierra, ProTools 12.8
Navy, Purple, Pink 2412/7236, Ultramarine, Coral, Lime, Pearl, Diamond, Gold, Cobalt, Ebony

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 am

Original product is in italian language!!!

Mannymac

Post by Mannymac » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:14 am

I own Aquamarine, Blue, Magenta, Orange, Pink, Purple Bundle, Sand, Silk, Ultramarine and Nebula 4.

Hope I qualify fora discount as well :) I contacted support. Hopefully I can get a reply before sales run out. :D

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:22 am

robschroeder wrote:Wondering why others always get loyal customer discounts and me never although I own several products of AA? :?
I haven't either , i usually receive discounts , Just send a ticket ...

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am

Brace yourselves. Here goes...

I also think the Italian on the faceplate is nice, but I am going to repeat myself yet again (and echo the comments that have come before) on the topic of overly bright and non-legible text/lettering. I do not understand why this is such a difficult problem for Acustica to handle. All you have to do is a quality check. Take a look at this comparison to Ivory I've attached, which has bright and legible text over a dark background. It works because the overall effect of the exposure of the render is a stop or so down from where Pearl2 is. Yes, I do think Pearl2 is too bright. Overly-bright imagery looks amateurish compared to something elegantly done like Ivory there. In this case it is causing the lettering to blow out and become blurry, which is just a little sloppy considering how easy it is to get it right in the design stage.

Ivory's GUI is beautiful and it works "visually". Make Pearl2 more like Ivory, please.

It's not all bad, though. I happen to think the meters are a nice improvement. The numbers are even easier to read than Ivory's. Bravo there. I wouldn't touch the meters at all.
Attachments
ivorypearlguicomp.JPG
Notive how easy it is to read the text on Ivory's gui vs Pearl2... It's all about contrast, not making everything brighter.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:53 am

We decided to keep the original pearl appearance
Problem of ivory, it is too much dark, there are problems on several displays, for example apple ones. We are trying to get a product which works on every possible display and display setting.
For the sake of knowledge both pearl and ivory were created from the same guy. Today we could make it better, but the idea was to not modify the original concept too much. The product could be darker if we used a larger font. We created a darker prototype, but there were issues with people with eyesight problems

And now what I think: I'm not a fan of ivory gui, it feels like a "plugin". Said that, I'm the guy who decides all our "guis". When you say you prefer a product or an other one, you are speaking to someone who approved and decided every pixel of both of them!

Last thing, all products are planned for n4 rackmount. There is a particular light lately, all products should respect those light conditions.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:17 am

giancarlo wrote:We decided to keep the original pearl appearance
Problem of ivory, it is too much dark, there are problems on several displays, for example apple ones. We are trying to get a product which works on every possible display and display setting.
For the sake of knowledge both pearl and ivory were created from the same guy. Today we could make it better, but the idea was to not modify the original concept too much. The product could be darker if we used a larger font. We created a darker prototype, but there were issues with people with eyesight problems

And now what I think: I'm not a fan of ivory gui, it feels like a "plugin". Said that, I'm the guy who decides all our "guis". When you say you prefer a product or an other one, you are speaking to someone who approved and decided every pixel of both of them!

Last thing, all products are planned for n4 rackmount. There is a particular light lately, all products should respect those light conditions.
Can you just make the text sharper and easier to read, then? You can't really deny the fact that it's blurry. :D
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:18 am

Using this font type/size, this is the best we can do
Ivory has a larger font.

wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by wrigout » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:19 am

For those who are going to trial pEArL do not overlook the compressor.
We all know how incredible the Eq is.

That being said i must admit that this comp is wonderfull on full mixes.

You can compress up to 7db (with the 2:1 ratio; 1s release) and get more punch, clarity without sucking the highs and much low end.

For sur i'm going to try to mix into this beast.

This might be my new 2buss comp.

Awsome gift from you guys. Grazie mille.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:29 am

I'm sorry Giancarlo I know I'm giving you a hard time ;) Don't take it too seriously. What about making the font... different? I mean there has to be a point (and I know you've made several about legibility in the past) where you either make the font bigger or change it entirely so it reads clean at smaller sizes. I know you've approved it as-is, and to be honest I don't really need to read it since I have had the original Pearl for two years, but I seem to recall the original being easier to read. With this one I have caught myself squinting trying to decipher the letters and numbers, which are all squeezed together. The new one just looks ever so slightly washed out - especially the Acceso button - on every monitor I have seen it on here (I have a Mac, too).

I'll give it to you that the knobs are easier to discern from the plate. They did get a bit lost in the original.

I think that something in-between these two would be the best solution, since some people say the original is too dark and I know people are saying this new one is too bright and blurry.

Just my two cents. I'll let it rest now.
Attachments
pearls.JPG
How about a value in between?
Last edited by nverxion on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:34 am

giancarlo wrote:We decided to keep the original pearl appearance

I can not believe this. At the moment it is one of the nicest GUIs with VU Meter. BUT the fonts are not readable. In fonts it's the worst aqua plugin. I can read the numbers on the buttons, yes. But all the rest 710, 500 are extrem blurry. And i have not a small screen.

It really looks like a failure :!:

Please change it.

Please.

Please.

Please.
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:40 am

Folks, please comment the interface in a different topic, possibly in pearl section
This is possibly one of best plugins available now, I don't want to mix comments about the skin with comments about the dsp engine!

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:41 am

nverxion wrote:I'm sorry Giancarlo I know I'm giving you a hard time ;) Don't take it too seriously. What about making the font... different? I mean there has to be a point (and I know you've made several about legibility in the past) where you either make the font bigger or change it entirely so it reads clean at smaller sizes. I know you've approved it as-is, and to be honest I don't really need to read it since I have had the original Pearl for two years, but I seem to recall the original being easier to read. With this one I have caught myself squinting trying to decipher the letters and numbers, which are all squeezed together. The new one just looks ever so slightly washed out - especially the Acceso button - on every monitor I have seen it on here (I have a Mac, too).

I'll give it to you that the knobs are easier to discern from the plate. They did get a bit lost in the original.

I think that something in-between these two would be the best solution, since some people say the original is too dark and I know people are saying this new one is too bright and blurry.

Just my two cents. I'll let it rest now.
the fonts in the OLD GUI are better! They are also washed and blurry but a little more readable. At the moment it is if'm drunk when i try to read the fonts. That is not normal in comparison to all other acustica plugins.
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey