Honey Channel Strip

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Support
Expert
Expert

Re: Honey Channel Strip under development

Post by Support » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:30 am

theheliosequence wrote:
greekpeet wrote:Is anyone else having issues with CPU spikes when moving anything on the GUI?

Besides that, I have also noticed this thing is a massive CPU monster.

With no bands engaged and just the preamps it is running at ~40%, and 55% with all bands on.

Compared to Amber (which takes a meager 10%) with all bands engaged.

Thank you for making these as demos!

I have been dying to get my hands on an all rounder tracking/mix eq for years without having to have long load times and multiple bands.
Ever figure out a solution to this? I'm having the same issue, massive spikes when making any changes in Honey. Don't have these problems with any other Acqua plugs so far. Thought I'd ask here before submitting a support ticket...
Use forums for share product experiences, if you need technical support submit a support ticket from your Dashboard.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:26 am

I was sharing my experience, to be frank... and was curious if another user found a solution to the same problem. I find it strange that you wouldn't want this type of discussion in a forum...
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Heliosequence, I was having same problem. Enrique was able to fix part of my problem with a new XML file. The two problems I had/have are, turning the knobs creates intense crackling and turning on the analog buttons (mic pre and whatever the other one is called) would create intense crackling and clicks. The new XML file did get rid of the crackling, but it did NOT get rid of the clicks/pops that happen when the analog buttons are engaged.

I do agree with you, that "submit a ticket" seems to come across as "be quiet" and is stifling, which I think is unfortunate. I don't think the developers fully understand that the users need to be able to look to each other for solutions, and that this will actually make everyone's life easier. For example, my first paragraph above has probably given you valuable information.

Perhaps if they said: "Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Please submit a ticket and we will see what we can do." That is the kind of phrasing most developers tend to use.

All the best.

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by flaviusr » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 pm

I think that if you have a problem you want that to be fixed, the only way is by support ticket.

Posting here is ok, and valuable for the community but in most cases the solution will not come for you, no matter how much pressure you make.

Do both then :0
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.11
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9.5 Wavelab Pro 9.5 Reaper 5.99 Ozone 9 Pro Tools 12.5

[email protected]
User Level III
User Level III

Post by [email protected] » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:00 pm

I have the same problem....and yes I will open a ticket...
But my question is...even when I don't change anything on the plugin the cpu load on all acustica plugins Is not static like with algorithmic plugs...it moves within a certain range..why is that?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:07 pm

the emulation is program depandant, so the cpu load "moves"
Anyway we are working in order to minimize cpu spikes

About crackles open a ticket, enrique will reply a fix.
About pops when buttons are engaged we minimized on other products, we'll work in order to minimize them here too

bruce8306
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by bruce8306 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:03 pm

I just bought Honey.
And i like the tone.

But here is one problem:

When loading Honey on my tracks,the cpu performance of my DAW(studio one on iMac) keeps jumping frequently.

Every time i open my daw with honey on tracks,the cpu performance is over 100%.I need to bypass all Honeys ,then activate they again. After these movement ,cpu performance come back to normal.(But cpu performance jumping is still there ) Any other AA plugins are not the situation.
###
iMac2015 /4.0Ghz Inter Core i7/ 16Gb memory/OSX 10.11.5
PC:i7-7700K / 32G / GPU:Quadro P1000 / windows 10 pro 1903
###
interface: RME ADI FS / UFX
###
ADDA:FERROFISH A16 MK-II
###
Studio One Pro 3.2(64bit)/Reaper 5.982(64bit)/Protools 11.3

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:49 pm

theheliosequence wrote:I was sharing my experience, to be frank... and was curious if another user found a solution to the same problem. I find it strange that you wouldn't want this type of discussion in a forum...
although i dont have this problem with the Honey in LPX i have to agree

why shouldn't we be aloud to talk about an aqua not working correct
in this case the Honey in a Honey thread ?
because sometimes other users already have an answer that could help
and that could take mush less time getting a solution while you wait for an answer from support

i wonder why i prefer discussing Aquas on GS :shock:
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:54 pm

i think there is a misunderstanding!
i don't read the answer of support as a statement, that you are not wanted or not allowed, to talk about the acquas in every way you are experiencing it.

i believe support wanted to encourage (the user was writing about waiting with a ticket), that when you experience a technical issue, write a ticket, so they can try to reproduce it and find a solution or help the user to make it work better. they need these tickets to track issues and get them down to development.
it's true, the phrasing is maybe not so perfect.

but i have never seen here, that acustica wanted to silence anybody, so please don't make something up from a few words. the overall manner here is always friendly and polite!
and always remember the language barrier, which i have seen causing misunderstandings a few times here ;)

peace :)
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx el capitan - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit), mixbus 6

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:34 pm

mathias wrote:i think there is a misunderstanding!
i don't read the answer of support as a statement, that you are not wanted or not allowed, to talk about the acquas in every way you are experiencing it.

i believe support wanted to encourage (the user was writing about waiting with a ticket), that when you experience a technical issue, write a ticket, so they can try to reproduce it and find a solution or help the user to make it work better. they need these tickets to track issues and get them down to development.
it's true, the phrasing is maybe not so perfect.

but i have never seen here, that acustica wanted to silence anybody, so please don't make something up from a few words. the overall manner here is always friendly and polite!
and always remember the language barrier, which i have seen causing misunderstandings a few times here ;)

peace :)
Ok if it was an missunderstanding no problem :)

Cheers
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Due a long support ticket with a customer we decide today to go deep and test carefully Honey in Live 9.

We use lasted Acqua Engine, it is able to work at almost zero latency and also has CORE7, we use optimization number 25.

We created a small session with 5 channels and 20 honey instances (4 per channel) with different settings. Our MBP 11.5, i7 4880, 16 GB RAM, with Boot Camp and Windows 8.1 x64 mark:

- 60% CPU load - zero latency mode - 256 samples of buffer.
HoneyZL256.JPG
Zero latency mode and 256 samples
- 42% CPU load - zero latency mode - 1024 samples of buffer.
HoneyZL1024.JPG
Zero latency mode and 1024 samples
- 50% CPU load - no zero latency mode - 256 samples of buffer.
HoneyNZL256.JPG
No zero latency mode and 256 samples
- 39% CPU load - no zero latency mode - 1024 samples of buffer.
HoneyNZL1024.JPG
No zero latency mode and 1024 samples
Test was done at 44.1 kHz.

Note that a small LAB ("click") was generated when we enable/disable VCA and MIC PRE, we will create, soon, an extra code to load those problematic Vector in background (suggested workaround is stop playback before on/off this parameters)

Also you will see that we already add the XML code for automation parameter names.
AutomatizationParameterNames.JPG
Automatization parameters names.
In conclusion those are a few features that you can expert in CORE7 that will be release soon and for free to our customers.
Best regards,

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:17 pm

I'm not gonna go through 'support' just to get a quick fix for a DEMO - so can someone please just tell me what I need to adjust in the XML file to remove the constant clicking when turning knobs on honey?

Am trying the 'new' demo, and it's hard to judge filter quality etc with all that noise and dropouts while adjusting :)

Also the same is happening on Magenta demo and the new Navy demo IIRC, I'm on studio one v3 pro, 16GB ram, I72700k @ 4.5ghz O/C and windows 10 - all 64bit , if that's of any use... with a Yamaha/Steiny MR816x interface (with crap windows 10 drivers awaiting an update :roll: )

thanks!

tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Post by tkrizic » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:23 pm

bruce8306 wrote:I just bought Honey.
And i like the tone.

But here is one problem:

When loading Honey on my tracks,the cpu performance of my DAW(studio one on iMac) keeps jumping frequently.

Every time i open my daw with honey on tracks,the cpu performance is over 100%.I need to bypass all Honeys ,then activate they again. After these movement ,cpu performance come back to normal.(But cpu performance jumping is still there ) Any other AA plugins are not the situation.
ah, yes, the down side of using aa products :cry:

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Issue solved in CORE7.
Best regards,

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:16 am

Ok about my above post, maybe it was just a CPU thing as I've tried it in an empty project and no clicks on turning. Obviously this one doesn't like running low on CPU.

Noticed with this and Navy that reducing the input trim the volume will drop as expected, at first, then slowly rise up over a few seconds to be back to the same level as it was previously?? That can't be right surely? (the meters look right, the levels stay low graphically but the volume rises by itself...!)

Am still definitely interested in buying honey but not sure if this is a bug that would kill it for me (until fixed).

Also I did ask before but... anyway I use a novation remote zero for my ITB eq (as I don't do mouse/eye eq - I like to close eyes and use real knobs to eq) and Honey reacts very nicely and smooth with the knobs but, still, the BUTTONS are not able to be controlled with a button on the remote zero (none of them can be assigned in Studio One the DAW just doesn't see the buttons), will this be fixed as part of the 'automation parameters update' mentioned above?

Lastly, very minor gui bug - turning the pre-amp on/off the graphic of the 'lit' switch moves over a few pixels, needless to say this is not a show stopper but would be nice to get it fixed.

I also second the above post (somewhere) about making the yellow VCA/Pre-amp buttons more like they have a light behind them instead of the current basic yellow inversion, and the power button seems weird being coloured like an 'off' switch even when on (yes I see the blue light but maybe you could make this switch itself glow blue when on? lovely!). These are nit picks of course but if you are going to update it anyway why not 'vote' for this visual improvement/accuracy - as most of your other new plugs have the best looking guis ever seen on plug-ins so the same quality should extend to every plug in the acqua range! :D

For someone who tries to NOT mix with their eyes, I do still have a desire for nice visuals because it feels more inspiring (as sad as that may be, every little helps when slogging away for hours on mixing).

Anyway, sounds great as I already knew. One instance on a single stereo track in S1V3 [email protected] (test only) is taking 15% cpu with everything on (at 49ms latency) - see my system spec in previous post if interested - this is for thos interested in that info (not for the devs).

cheers - keep up the GREAT work with these plugs. Your time will be soon if you keep improving. Skylake-E then the CPUs after that should make nebula/acqua a no brainer over algo plugs in times to come. :mrgreen: I'll be buying a new CPU/mobo etc next year.

EDIT > 1 more bug - the output trim knob when mapped to a midi controller works backwards! (turning the pot up turns the output down!)

Also read the input trim is automatically gain compensated hence the 'volume up' thing that I thought was a bug. Fair enough. (I rarely need input trim as I hit plugs at -18db anyway with good gainstaging)