Magenta Eq (general discussion)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Magenta Eq

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:11 pm

SETHH wrote:I found a fix already. An odd one. I checked the dashboard of the mastering pack for updates - while the name & version of the setup file was the same, I saw it was slightly bigger than the one I got a few days ago and it had been uploaded yesterday. The OS X version. I tried installing it and everything works with the mastering pack now. Why would they upload a buggy version and then upload a fixed one without telling people is the question... Anyway, all good now!
yes there was a buggy version released for a mistake.
Simply they upload the "wrong" 1.3.811

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:24 pm

SETHH wrote:Something seems to be wrong after I updated to the released version... Or maybe it's beacause of the mastering pack. The low pass doesn't work at all and the high pass only has one setting, which is actually a low pass setting. Am I the only one with this problem?

EDIT: I tried reinstalling first the 3 rack size version and the problem was gone. Everything works perfect again. I tried reinstalling the mastering pack again and then the problem came back. Is anyone else having this problem with the mastering pack? I can work with the non-mastering pack version, but I hope this gets fixed. The bigger GUI was better.
This is not the right place to post issues or bugs, open a support ticket we will reproduce every issue reported, if is a bug will be fixed if not will be explained.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:25 pm

SETHH wrote:I found a fix already. An odd one. I checked the dashboard of the mastering pack for updates - while the name & version of the setup file was the same, I saw it was slightly bigger than the one I got a few days ago and it had been uploaded yesterday. The OS X version. I tried installing it and everything works with the mastering pack now. Why would they upload a buggy version and then upload a fixed one without telling people is the question... Anyway, all good now!
True. We re-upload 1.3.811 OSX due an error in the installer.
Best regards,

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Mannymac

Post by Mannymac » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi Acustica Audio.
Following the Magenta Thread on gearslutz here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... -eq-9.html

I also have this issue. Here is a Drum Sample with and without Magenta:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/487 ... agenta.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/487 ... agenta.mp3

Hope this helps.
[I don't mean to attack anybody involved in this wonderful product. However I do understand some of the reactions out there. It is difficult to trust a company if they are missing out on such an obvious issue before releasing a produc.t Please fix this ;) ]

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:38 pm

there was a thread on gearslutz where a buyer, sirocco - here mightymusic found an issue.
Here my answer and solution. Wait for an update, it will take at least a week or so.

solution.

At finally, after a day where we used all possible convolvers and deconvolvers, we repeated convolution and deconvolution several times we finally found the reason and a simple solution.

Yesterday my forecast was pretty accurate. The issue is caused by high noise *really the unit is not so noisy, but we were forced to capture samples at low levels cause the big amount of boost possible on this unit.

It happens that noise is stopped abruptly after a certain amount of samples. The convolution is executed with this strange and particular drum (EDM?) which stops abruptly (cause it is a sample, stopped using quick fade outs), so the convolution leads to a BIG issue because the noise energy is convoluted at loud levels. The effect is like repeating the kick after the end of the kernel tail. It's maths.

Solution was damn simple: just increasing the fade out of the powerful nebula engine. It fades out all noise, so last sample is multiplied by zero. A damn number in the engine. During next days we'll prepare an update - sorry for the time required for fixing it, we are on tight schedule, and sorry for this generated issue and confusion, we'll take in account of it on next time. Magenta which sounds very good will sound simply better.
Attachments
picture.png

Mannymac

Post by Mannymac » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Awesome!!!!! :o

SETHH
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by SETHH » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:10 am

Support wrote:This is not the right place to post issues or bugs, open a support ticket we will reproduce every issue reported, if is a bug will be fixed if not will be explained.
Sorry, but that seems ridiculous... I'm a professional paying customer, discussing with other users on a forum. Anything useful should be allowed? I love Magenta and use it on every mix now, the faulty mastering pack messed up all of my projects for a few hours. I solved the problem quickly myself, thanks to this forum. I told others what the fix was and saved you the trouble. The only problem I see is that you didn't notify the users that you uploaded the faulty version in the first place... An email-notification system would be great for any updates in general.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and I love your stuff.
MacBook Pro i7 2.6 GHz / 16 GB / OS X 10.8.5
RME Fireface UCX
Cubase 8
Nebula 3 Server 64-bit

poshook
User Level V
User Level V

Post by poshook » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:19 am

support does not communicate with me so I will try the forum. I bought Neo Console by mistake because I did not notice no support for Mac. Support staff told me 21th september that mac version will be available in 2-3 weeks. So I sent the message to support that I use those 49 euros for Magenta on 10th october (magenta was for intro price in that time). I got no response since that message :oops:
Mac Pro 12-Core, OS X 10.2.3, 32GB RAM, GTX970, Apogee DUET FW, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Trinity, Titanium, Pink, Red, Ochre, Orange, SAND, Gold

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:21 am

the correct contact is
antonello dot punturi acusticaudio.net

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:25 am

poshook wrote:support does not communicate with me so I will try the forum. I bought Neo Console by mistake because I did not notice no support for Mac. Support staff told me 21th september that mac version will be available in 2-3 weeks. So I sent the message to support that I use those 49 euros for Magenta on 10th october (magenta was for intro price in that time). I got no response since that message :oops:
btw neo is planned, till au64. The only plugin which will not be migrated is stradipad. The migration process will start in few weeks, since the new engine is pretty good on all of them.
Don't want to stop you though, magenta is really a good product

poshook
User Level V
User Level V

Post by poshook » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:42 am

giancarlo wrote:
poshook wrote:support does not communicate with me so I will try the forum. I bought Neo Console by mistake because I did not notice no support for Mac. Support staff told me 21th september that mac version will be available in 2-3 weeks. So I sent the message to support that I use those 49 euros for Magenta on 10th october (magenta was for intro price in that time). I got no response since that message :oops:
btw neo is planned, till au64. The only plugin which will not be migrated is stradipad. The migration process will start in few weeks, since the new engine is pretty good on all of them.
Don't want to stop you though, magenta is really a good product
ok, migration process will start in few weeks but 5 weeks ago I got info about 2-3 weeks waiting time. So there is no way for me
Mac Pro 12-Core, OS X 10.2.3, 32GB RAM, GTX970, Apogee DUET FW, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Trinity, Titanium, Pink, Red, Ochre, Orange, SAND, Gold

poshook
User Level V
User Level V

Post by poshook » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 am

giancarlo wrote:the correct contact is
antonello dot punturi acusticaudio.net
I do not care the corrent contact. I use your ticket system

www.superealitka.sk/support.jpg

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Support ticket number, please?
Best regards,

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:01 pm

SETHH wrote:
Support wrote:This is not the right place to post issues or bugs, open a support ticket we will reproduce every issue reported, if is a bug will be fixed if not will be explained.
Sorry, but that seems ridiculous... I'm a professional paying customer, discussing with other users on a forum. Anything useful should be allowed? I love Magenta and use it on every mix now, the faulty mastering pack messed up all of my projects for a few hours. I solved the problem quickly myself, thanks to this forum. I told others what the fix was and saved you the trouble. The only problem I see is that you didn't notify the users that you uploaded the faulty version in the first place... An email-notification system would be great for any updates in general.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and I love your stuff.
I think they are already solving it, the email notification seems a good idea

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Best regards,