Free 3rd Party Programs
takboo
User Level III
User Level III

Re: NTP 182-150

Post by takboo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:13 am

k3datj wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:47 pm
I know it is an old thread but is there anyone reading this in 2021? Please help with re-upload!
Hi, Here's all I have about NTP180.
Download until 18th.
key=ntpn

Though I got them 10 years ago. Hope you like.
But I still use them.
Please use with respect to the author.

Thank You.

k3datj
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by k3datj » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:52 am

Thank you so much Takboo!! I installed my newly bought pair of hardware NTP 180-100 in the studio today and was amazed by their sound. I know, it is not the exact same model, but the main difference between 182-150 and 182 -100 is that the former has an added low cut at 60, 120 and 240. Then I did a comparison between the hardware and this library using the same settings on a whole mix. It is really close. With the help of Fabfilters pro-q2 and eq match I got even closer, mainly with a few small boosts in the very top of the frequency spectrum. What is interesting is that I had to bump up the low band another 3dbs (from +6 to +9 db) to achieve the same fullness in the bass. However, the hardware version still has an edge in that it is a little clearer and punchier. But having another couple of these eqs in the box is a very welcome addition for me. A huge thanks to Hopsing who made and freely shared this library!! Also makes me wonder, have you done any other libraries?

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Thank you so much Takboo!! I installed my newly bought pair of hardware NTP 180-100 in the studio today and was amazed by their sound. I know, it is not the exact same model, but the main difference between 182-150 and 182 -100 is that the former has an added low cut at 60, 120 and 240. Then I did a comparison between the hardware and this library using the same settings on a whole mix. It is really close. With the help of Fabfilters pro-q2 and eq match I got even closer, mainly with a few small boosts in the very top of the frequency spectrum. What is interesting is that I had to bump up the low band another 3dbs (from +6 to +9 db) to achieve the same fullness in the bass. However, the hardware version still has an edge in that it is a little clearer and punchier.
You can get the real full sound of the hardware compressor using two instances of Nebula:

-First instance, preset of the compressor
-Second instance, preset of the "PRE" of the compresor

Here is a link with examples of different compressors, one of the tracks of each model is compressed with the real hardware and another compressed with its respective Nebula library using two instances / presets as I mentioned, if you can identify which is which tell me!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pquur4vyymiq ... Zl5Ta?dl=0

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Thanks Alessandro for including the preset "PRE" in the library of this compressor, you know that I have asked for it for all of your libraries, I don't understand why in some you do, like the Pulte * or the Ure * 1176 collection, and others not. Tim Petherick had no trouble convincing him, I sent him a couple of samples and he totally agreed that the "PRE" preset is necessary for many reasons. With you it costs me a little more, I have never quite achieved it. I've always told you that if you made a Nebula library only from "PRE", like the one from "Preamp Color Suite", but from all the hardware you have in terms of equalizers, compressors, ... you would do a great business.

You also told me when I asked that you would never sample the SS* compressor gate / expander and then do the Nev * 88RS, so I don't lose hope that you will do the SS* compressor gate / expander!

Beware Alex