For the first time we can add the product in our planned releases, since I find it stable enough.
Here main points:
- the product will be in alphatesting around the end of the next incoming week. Depending on it we'll start betatesting asap.
- First release, planned for the end of november will have a limited set of functionalities. The commercial libary will be skinned. We'll provide specifications for skinning normal nebula libraries (I mean single instance libraries). We'll not support acqua plugins immediatly, we'll do it around the beginning of 2017 (maybe before if betatesting will be successfull, we'll start it asap). There will be several surprises: a fantastic preset browser created by franci and a proper "master settings" menu. Engine is debugged and more stable/refined than actual one.
- product will be shipped as "vstgui4" only, aax23/64, vst32/64, au64 (we are evaluating au32) and vst3.
- price will be similar to actual nebula3
- nebula3 server will be still commercially available
- there will be an upgrade plan for current nebula3 customers. Basically around 30% of discount.
We are working hard on nebula4, you will several surprises during 2017. Buy it when you feel it is good enough for you. We'll add new features very quickly, franci is dedicated on the project and for what I can see he is a very very fast developer. We are moving to juce4: it means we'll support proper sidechaining in au, a better sidechain in aax, and many modern things.
DISCLAIMER: Since we are moving vst version to juce3, several old hosts WILL STOP WORKING in vst land. This is not about what we can do or not. For example juce supports BADLY windows xp; also old wavelab 5 and 6 will not work properly (crashes and other things). Au32 works but is a mess (we are still evaluating it).
Here the basic roadmap (we cannot disclose further things but they are simply awesome)
- november 2016: vst2/3/aax/au, skinned commercial library, preset browser (prog page), mast page in a proper window
february 2017: juce4, kern/midi/disk page, acqua plugins support
may 2017: meters (!!!), server/client support for acqua plugins
Plan goes till november 2017, but I cannot disclose it now. To be honest we are working on complex things already, but we cannot explain more. They are simply amazing, way more than this basic list of initial functionalities. But I want to be sure we have them before announcing them!
A note: acqua plugins are already working in nebula4. We are trying to release the functionality as soon as we are sure about bugs in all possible hosts. We could disclose "how to run them" before the official release.