Tube Radio Reverbs - Huge Update to Tube FM 3 old library (and skins)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Tube Radio Reverbs - Huge Update to Tube FM 3 old library (and skins)

Post by Cupwise » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 am

This set was actually sampled last year (Tube FM 1,2, and 3 were sampled together), and I finally got back to it to finish it up. It is priced a dollar cheaper than TubeFM1/2, but I think this is my personal favorite...

Plenty of info at the site and in the manual. Audio demos- some courtesy of Michael Angel (thanks Michael!).

EDIT: The free program has been added, along with a limited version of an effect from the set, and a few more demo mp3s.

link:
http://www.cupwise.com/NebTubeFM3.php

-Tim
Last edited by Cupwise on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Definity
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Tube FM3 - Vintage Reverb

Post by Definity » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:34 am

LEGEND!!!! Thanks Tim!

elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by elam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 am

Very good news Tim,thanks ;)

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:50 am

Just bought these. Very cool and different library. It's funny that it is specifically reverb that I use Nebula the least for, so these are remarkable in the way that I will actually use them! There are some real gems in these. Thanks cupwise!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Post by vicnestE » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Very cool programs!!
Time for reverbs with personalities.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:42 am

very cool guitar demo

prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Post by prosodio » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Just bought 96k version, what can I say??? A f...ng must!! Fatest reverbs I´ve heard in my life, lush and big sound.

thanks cups!!!

pipamail
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by pipamail » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:57 am

prosodio wrote:Just bought 96k version, what can I say??? A f...ng must!! Fatest reverbs I´ve heard in my life, lush and big sound.

thanks cups!!!
+1

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:01 pm

UPDATE:
a)I've added the new effect, "Cave". It's totally free, and not included with the full set when/if you buy, so you can only get it from the Tube FM 3 page at the site. It makes the 20th reverb. It has 1k, 6k, and the special DIST versions, just like all the others. No limitations or anything on this one, this way you can grab it, and see what the distortion can do! Available in 44.1k and 96k!

b)There is also a 'demo' program, which is a limited version of one from the full set (and works with Neb free). Limits explained on the page. It's still useful. Also in both sample rates!

c)NEW demo mp3 clips! I really wanted some vocals to show these off. I've added 3 new female vocal clips, which I think show off the thick, deep reverbs REALLY well. There's a synth clip too, which is pretty good for showing off how the distortion can be used to actually shape your input sound to a fair degree.

check it out!
http://www.cupwise.com/NebTubeFM3.php
-tim

blandry
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by blandry » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:20 am

Checked out the vocal mp3's, deep sound!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Tube Radio Reverbs - Huge Update to Tube FM 3 old library (and skins)

Post by Cupwise » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm currently sending out update information for this, one of my first Nebula releases! The update is HUGE. Skins are added. A new (actually old, see the info below) reverb was added, and several new variations of the old ones also added. Quality has been improved.

Max made new skins and he also made a video showing off the skin and the reverbs, and I think it shows off the library really well (using the N3 skin which allows switching between the reverbs by clicking buttons, which unfortunately isn't allowed in N4 skins). Go to my site here to see the library and the video-

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/tube-radio-reverbs/
-------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the information about this major update:

*renamed/rebranded library from "Tube FM 3" to "Tube Radio Reverbs".

*rebuilt the vectors from the original sampled tone sweeps, which allowed me to edit the impulses directly (and inspect them). this library was originally made before i had started doing that, or even had a version of NAT that allowed it. editing the impulses allows me to better determine final reverb lengths (which prevents overly long lengths that needlessly use extra CPU, or short ones that cut off the tail). it also allows me to ensure that the dynamic steps (impulses) are 'synchronized' perfectly, preventing unwanted distortions that could happen in the old versions in some of the reverbs. in some cases i could even spot and remove 'damaged' impulses, or unwanted artifacts in them. overall, this process resulted in HUGE improvement of the actual sound of many if not most of the reverbs because unedited impulses can lead to numerous issues and 'glitches', especially with reverbs. this is probably the biggest improvement to the library, and really brings it to a new level. the reverbs are very solid now, no matter the level of drive.

*while editing vectors, lots of harmonic impulses could be weeded out due to not really contributing anything (lower dynamic steps of higher harmonics, which are often below the noise floor and have no actual impulse data). that and the trimming of excessive lengths brought the size of the library down very drastically (also improving loading times, RAM and CPU use).

*programs have also been rebuilt from the ground up, using my latest setups for reverbs. the sound is improved here also. one of the major changes here is that the reverbs now respond to output drive levels instead of input drive levels. so to get different results from the non-linear nature of the reverbs, you need to raise or lower the output level of the reverb, not the input level. i do this because i think it provides more authentic results with reverb programs because of how nebula works.

*skins added, created by Max, for both N3 and N4!

*controls have been completely redone. attack and release controls have been removed, and a feedback control added. distortion level control has been removed because i've changed my mind on the presentation of these reverbs (de-emphasizing the distortion aspect) and like them better without it.

*many of the reverbs have new alternate ('alt') versions. most were made by using the dynamic step impulses in a different way such as focusing on the lower or higher sampled levels, which may sound different from the others, or 'flipping' the dynamic steps (so the lower levels become the higher levels and vice versa). a few were made by processing the impulses, using some unique stretching and pitch shifting methods, or even a harmonizer effect (adding a stereo effect). this increases the number of reverbs greatly, and most of the alt versions sound noticeably different although a few can be subtle and depend on drive level and input audio to hear the difference.

*most programs have been renamed, to more memorable names, making it easier to remember your favorites.

*there is one completely new reverb added. well, it's actually not completely new. it was a bonus i gave away for customers who bought the entire Tube FM series, many years ago, and hasn't been available since then. now it's included with this library! it's called 'Tape-Vault', and it's the longest and probably most unique sounding reverb, and is also in stereo!

*programs moved to a new location- LO9 and LO4, for 96khz and 44.1khz. LO stands for 'Lo-Fi Reverbs', and this location is also where my CassetteVerb programs are found, which were made using a similar concept, but with cassette tapes instead of tube radios. the two libraries go together very well, and it's nice having them in the same place if you have both libraries.

*got rid of all the different kernel count program versions in the original release. now there's only one program for each reverb effect.

*actual harmonic order (kern) count is different for each reverb, so some have been removed due to being too quiet.

*rebalanced the harmonic levels to be more authentic and prevent unwanted issues like excessive bad distortion with higher levels of drive.

*the shortened length program versions of some of the reverbs have been removed.

*largely re-wrote the manual.

gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gurth » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 am

Great to see you update all your programs. This one is still used daily, thanks a lot!

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:07 pm

picked these up last night. have a good feeling i will be using them a lot this year. thanks, tim...

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:23 pm

this is still one of my favorite libraries, from my more 'creative' days. was really fun to make! hope you guys like the update and new skins!