Total votes: 32

Aurosonic
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: AlexB libraries and low end ripple

Post by Aurosonic » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:20 pm

ce1909 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:26 pm
As you can Alex is fixing these various issues & releasing new ' Golden Editions'.
Good to see he's listening to us customers. It's been a long time coming. Lots of work involved so I appreciate his efforts.
Hopefully the consoles will be fixed too so I can try MFC again.
I stoped using MFC for that reason as well :( Hopefully Alex have an access to make new programs with no ripple.

plexus

Post by plexus » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:55 am

Aurosonic wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:20 pm
ce1909 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:26 pm
As you can Alex is fixing these various issues & releasing new ' Golden Editions'.
Good to see he's listening to us customers. It's been a long time coming. Lots of work involved so I appreciate his efforts.
Hopefully the consoles will be fixed too so I can try MFC again.
I stoped using MFC for that reason as well :( Hopefully Alex have an access to make new programs with no ripple.
AlexB has updated a number of his libraries to address these problems. I have them and they are very nice! It really makes a difference to me. I am hoping MFC and others are also fixed - that would be amazing. They are otherwise excellent sounding products but the low end issues make them unuable to me. The realy potential of AlexB's work can be heard in the new GE versions! I highly recommend those.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:09 am

I too agree about the Gold Editions.

Another factor I hadn't considered was the change back to <OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD> setting.

AA had changed the DEFAULT N4 setting to 25. This had messed up the 'harmonics', and caused transient smear, clarity, definition.

Due to this, had to make a custom SETUP version specifically for each Library [as I leave N4 with its new Default].
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

plexus

Post by plexus » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 am

RJHollins wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:09 am

Another factor I hadn't considered was the change back to <OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD> setting.

AA had changed the DEFAULT N4 setting to 25. This had messed up the 'harmonics', and caused transient smear, clarity, definition.

Due to this, had to make a custom SETUP version specifically for each Library [as I leave N4 with its new Default].
Would <OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD> work better for all libraries on N4?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 pm

plexus wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 am
RJHollins wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:09 am

Would <OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD> work better for all libraries on N4?
my guess .... probably not.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Wow! You have succeeded, you are lucky that Alex is a very nice person and has decided to solve the problem of low ripple. Not everyone does it, Wav*s Audio, for example, it continues to update its plugins over the years since 1996 with the same failures, as can be seen in this graph:

https://files.soniccdn.com/imagehosting ... 14_640.jpg

Distortion, add background sound, interhamonics, ... in short horrible, but they get emails from people telling them all this and they remain the same, in the next update of the plugins the same graphics appear when analyzing them, and so on to infinity. Why?. Why do they know that in spite of everything nobody is going to realize of this and their software are equally valid for mixing and with their plugins, with all their imperfections, a great engineer can make great mix regardless of whether it sounds better or worse while they are moderately useful, like here:

https://www.soundonsound.com/people/ins ... k-paramore

While an insignificant bedroom producer thinks that their mixes sound bad because there is a low ripple in the plugins that it uses.

What is going to happen?. That with Alex's new Nebula libraries without low ripple when you use them in your mixes now, surprise !, they still sound like shit! Sorry to disappoint you.

So you get busy and learn to mix well with the means you have that is what you have to do, since the software is not going to be perfect and it not will be the same as in analog never.

Gorgol
User Level III
User Level III

Post by Gorgol » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Checking SP79GE with a big smile, its way better

NOW

How long for the MFC, A16, MFQ & R33 to be ready?