Acustica Audio releases TAUPE: "The king of sample-based analog tape plugins"

fabio.migliorati

Acustica Audio releases TAUPE: "The king of sample-based analog tape plugins"

Post by fabio.migliorati » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Acustica Audio releases 'Taupe' - bringing in-the-box mixers the authentic sound of 21 analog tape machines, 3 consoles, 2 compressors and more.

Product: Taupe
Developer: Acustica Audio
Price (MSRP): BLACK FRIDAY INTRO PRICING- 249.00 € 161.85 € (35%OFF) - Save over €80! For the first four weeks after release or until first official version is released. The price after the introductory price period will be €249.
Plug-in Format(s): VST2, AU, AAX
System Requirements (Windows): Windows 7 - Windows 10
System Requirements (OSX): OSX 10.8 - OSX 10.13
Taupe Commercial web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/taupe
Taupe Trial web-page:http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pro ... aupe-trial
Taupe User's manual: https://app.box.com/shared/static/iz07t ... x2wxf4.pdf

DISCLAIMER: this initial intro pricing version of Taupe will be released only with 44.1kHz and 96kHz native sample rate vectors. 48kHz and 88.2kHz vectors will be released in the next months. The use of the plug-in at 48kHz and 88.2kHz sample rates is still possible. However, users may experience slower plug-in load time and slightly worse sound quality due to the applied internal for the plug-in vector sample rate conversion process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lAtpEV67Mg

"I have so many good memories of the early 90s. Back in the day I was an Italian electronic music producer. I had a small recording studio, in a small apartment acoustically treated with just polystyrene and egg cartons. The whole studio, with crappy acoustics and a pair of cheap monitors, was built around samplers and synthesizers, all driven by a simple computer with a midi interface. It took me almost thirty years to realize my dream to have the best possible instruments at my fingertips, and even though Acustica has become an ever growing company and our creations are used at every level of audio production by some of the best producers on the planet, I felt the production process was incomplete, there was something missing, the most important piece of the puzzle.
At that time we had to fight with noise, limited editing possibilities and the disadvantages of using low quality instruments, and yet the results sounded incredible! So musical! Why? Because tape machines were at the centre of everything! Since then, I made it my mission to some day reproduce them in the digital domain, and to a standard that is now become typical of our products, using our exclusive sampling approach that has made our products popular with so many pros around the world.
With this plugin we have spared no expense, we spent sleepless nights striving for the best results, and we traveled thousands of miles to get our hands on the most beautiful devices on the planet.
Now I feel that my dream is completely and finally realized".

Giancarlo Del Sordo - CEO, Acustica Audio

Beyond tape.

Taupe gives the user access to the sound of 21 meticulously sampled machines from the late 50s up to the early 90s, the EQ section of 3 iconic American consoles from the 70s and 80s and 2 switchable compressors, all available as standalone modules too.

Dedicated MIX control.

The MIX control is something different from the dry/wet knob found on most plugins. It allows the user to adjust the desired amount of ‘tape coloration’ - from 0 (preamp input signal) to 100% (tape signal) effectively blending the tonal characteristics of the machine's circuitry with or without the tape component, for enhanced creative effects.

ECONO Mode.

Taupe responds to input level variations, just like its analog counterparts. This allows the user to reach for subtle to more obvious levels of tape compression and harmonic saturation when driving the input stage hot. The ECONO function disables the compression component of the tape, saving CPU resources for other effects.

CORE

Core 13 represents a new technological advancement by Acustica:

-NEW Our new Core 13 engine improves on the previous version by introducing our new VLA™ technology (Vector Loading Acceleration), which makes the response of the plugin much faster.
-Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high performance saturation algorithm;
-Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology);
-Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins;
-Engine optimization introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug").

Core 13 allows performance improvements for each plug-in of the Acqua Effects series, while at the same time preserving all the features already supported in previous CORE upgrades.

HOW TO INSTALL AND AUTHORIZE TAUPE?

First time customer? Please register at the Acustica Audio website here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/signup

And if you are a returning customer from our old website and you have yet not performed password reset on the new website, please do so. Until you do it, you will not be able to install and authorize TAUPE! To reset your password, please go to the website login page, click on the rest password link and follow the instructions. Once this is done your old username will be replaced by your e-mail address. From now on, please always use your e-mail address as a username, both for our website and in Aquarius.

We highly recommend that you use our new installation/authorization app Aquarius. If you don't have Aquarius yet, please download it from the links below and install the app. Aquarius is a new assistant application from Acustica Audio and it is the best way to download, install, update, and authorize your products.
• Aquarius OSX download link: https://app.box.com/shared/static/ulbnd ... ipcw8d.zip
• Aquarius Windows download link: https://app.box.com/shared/static/7ptm0 ... 53drt6.zip

For further information about Aquarius please read our Aquarius user’s manual:
https://app.box.com/shared/static/cptf1 ... ukk0rl.pdf

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG?

If you are a registered client of Acustica Audio and you need to contact our support service, please open a support ticket from your account.
To do this go to:
https://www.acustica-audio.com > log-in > support > New support ticket.
To check ticket status go to:
https://www.acustica-audio.com > log-in > support > Check ticket status.

HaraldJohnsen
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Acustica Audio releases TAUPE: "The king of sample-based analog tape plugins"

Post by HaraldJohnsen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Finally. I literally jumped out of my chair to go download this. ;)

Andymusikus
User Level III
User Level III

Taupe Advertising Video

Post by Andymusikus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Wow! What a nice advertising video. AA is getting better & better, really professional and touching.
And it seems they are liking Stranger Things :D
Now I know what to do this weekend..
Andreas Proske

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Acustica Audio releases TAUPE: "The king of sample-based analog tape plugins"

Post by waffleneck » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 pm

my coupon code doesn't work
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 pm

my coupon code worked after i logged in
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

gaiteiroo
User Level I
User Level I

Post by gaiteiroo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:12 pm

It really is a beast! The most anticipated product of the last times.
Just a suggestion, I would like to see a VU instead of the LED Meter. Congratulations AA :D

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm

new version uploaded, with a fix on the laser effect created by the tape hiss residual
We are preparing trial version

olshalom
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by olshalom » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:27 pm

UNBELIEVABLE !!!! :shock:

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Just posting some raving reviews on Taupe from AA Official Facebook group:

Earle Holder > My life is officially over. I have found Taupe. My search for audio purity is complete. I am experiencing Nirvana. I have put at least twenty songs through this tool and they sound wonderful. Taupe adds a certain “je ne sais quoi” that is almost indescribable. The bottoms are fat, round and full. The mids seem to just automatically fall into place and the highs are so pleasant to listen to without the typical digital harshness included on most songs we receive. There is some outer world technology happening here. I feel as though I have just spread the most expensive caviar over my music.

Bobby Johnson > I must admit, the tonal quality of taupe is like no other "Tape Emulator" on the market. You've achieved something special here in my opinion. Well done.

Eddie Bazil > Well, Taupe's gone and demoted all my tape sim plugins to the bin. This thing is sublime.

Chuck Baker > Taupe is another leap forward for Acustica. The sound is definitely in loftier territory, blurring the border even more between plugin and hardware. You know, it's great.

Alex Zado > really impressed with the TAUPE texture. I have mastered song on Telefunken A18 and Revox G36 and i must say the tape sonic is there! Especially im super happy to see how transients reacts. I really hope to se St**r A80 MKII and A**x - 102 one day.

Louis Jans > And then when he bought Taupe, suddenly all his other tape emulation plug-ins became obsolete. He made better mixes and lived happily ever after...

Joel Miller > holy **** - Taupe! Just demo'd the trial version. True Analog tape sat. and color is something i haven't been able to find in a plugin until now.

Join us on FB if you haven’t @ Acustica Audio - Official Group public group | Facebook

Cheers
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

Vando

Post by Vando » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Hello! I tried to check the Taupe-trial version but... where can I find this:
click on the "Download Product" button to access the Installers folder;

emusystem
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by emusystem » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi. Same here. Can't download it. Any help.
Thanks.

Vando

Post by Vando » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi!
Obviously some of you have succeeded in downloading Taupe-trial. So what is your secret?

-V-

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:35 pm

I used Aquarius. Maybe check your browser settings?

BLUESMAN
User Level X
User Level X

Post by BLUESMAN » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:49 pm

How do I get a coupon?

Vando

Post by Vando » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Okay, it's working now. I got messed up with the upgrade of Aquarius a little bit, but now everything is fine.

-V-