Acustica Audio releases VIRIDIAN: "Your key to sonic Paradise"

fabio.migliorati

Acustica Audio releases VIRIDIAN: "Your key to sonic Paradise"

Post by fabio.migliorati » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:02 pm

VIRIDIAN. Your key to sonic Paradise!
Product: Viridian
Developer: Acustica Audio
Price (MSRP): Special pre-sale price at €169.15 (15%OFF) for the first four weeks after release or until first official version is released. The price after the pre-sale period will be €199.
Plug-in Format(s): VST2, AU, AAX
System Requirements (Windows): Windows 7 - Windows 10
System Requirements (OSX): OSX 10.8 - OSX 10.13
VIRIDIAN Commercial web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/viridian
VIRIDIAN Trial web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pro ... dian-trial

DISCLAIMER: This initial "pre-sale" version of Viridian will be released only with 44.1kHz and 96kHz native sample rate vectors. 48kHz and 88.2kHz vectors will be released at the end of the introductory price period. The use of the plug-in at 48kHz and 88.2kHz sample rates is still possible. However, users may experience slower plug-in load time and slightly worse sound quality due to the applied internal for the plug-in vector sample rate conversion process.

Viridian is a plugin suite based on iconic '60s and '70s units, bringing you the legendary tone of some of the world's most exclusive British solid-state vintage studio gear, used on countless of groundbreaking records that wrote the history of music. In order to give you an even more comprehensive set of tools, we even included also a powerful modern reissue of a coveted FET studio compressor, revered by studio engineers from all over the world. Plus, for some authentic tube fairy dust, we added a hyper-rare German console from the early '60s.

DETAILS:
Viridian suite includes:

VIRIDIAN Channel-strip
VIRIDIAN EQ (Equalizer standalone module)
VIRIDIAN COMP (Limiter/Compressor standalone module)
VIRIDIAN PRE (Preamps standalone module)

It's equipped with 6 preamps, 3 magnificent compressor models and 3 equalisers with full band interaction. This third member of our Divine Comedy inspired trilogy, Viridian lets you explore the vastness of sonic paradise taking you on a journey into analog sound that will elevate your productions.

Specifically, this plug-in includes emulations of the following gear:

• A-69: vintage British solid-state EQ
• A-72: vintage German vacuum tube EQ
• A-PIE: '60s PWM British Compressor
• A-700 '70s British FET compressor
• A-760 reissue of a British vintage solid-state compressor
• circuit coloration emulation 'preamps' from all of the above units

For each plugins included in Viridian suite there is a “Standard” version or an alternative “ZL*” version which operates at *zero latency at the cost of extra processing resources and is thus suitable for use when tracking.

For details, please refer to the Viridian User’s manual: https://app.box.com/shared/static/da3xw ... ebz2j8.pdf

TECHNOLOGY:

Viridian uses the latest Acustica CORE 12 engine representing a new technological advancement by Acustica:

• Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high performance saturation algorithm
• Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology)
• Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins
• Engine optimization, introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug")

CORE 12 allows performance improvements for each plug-in of the Acqua Effects series, while at the same time preserving all the features already supported in previous CORE upgrades.

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Re: Acustica Audio releases VIRIDIAN: "Your key to sonic Paradise"

Post by SWANG » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Great! Looking forward to trying this. What exactly is the difference between the A72 and A72S pres? I use the hardware this is based on frequently so I'm very curious about this.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:31 pm

ok they were fast this time, trial version for mac osx is ready (someone reported au validation for compressor but we'll check it tomorrow)

If you never installed it, just install it as usually

Procedure if you already installed and it was not working:
- get again a trial coupon (in aquarius, upper right gear icon, choose the coupon tab, type LASTTRIALS and apply it)
- install trial from purchased page again. Alternatively, if you update remember to push reauthorize at the end of the installation, just to be sure you are forcing a fresh aut key, it should not be necessary but it is just a click, better safe than sorry.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:04 am

Please update your Viridian via Aquarius 1.2.701 or superior to release:

. Commercial - I000
. Trial - E000

- You should reset & rescan selection in Logic's plug-in manager.
- Remember macOS 10.13 will not see new AU plug-in after installation, and you need to reboot your computer to force a new Audio Unit validation.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

RE301

Post by RE301 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Very exciting news - thank you AA!

This represents the personal dream Aqua I've hoped to one day see emerge.... ('H' 69)....

All the extra elements eg: German tube pre legend & the compressors add an unexpected dimension...

Can't wait to dive in!

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Greg Wells give high praise on Viridian :)
Congrats AA.
Viridian Greg Wells.jpg
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

robschroeder
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by robschroeder » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:00 pm

SWANG wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:25 pm
Great! Looking forward to trying this. What exactly is the difference between the A72 and A72S pres? I use the hardware this is based on frequently so I'm very curious about this.
From the manual:

PRE2 (A72S): this pre-amp (STEREO) again faithfully reproduces the behavior of the input
stage of the same vintage German console of PRE1. This emulation is characterized by a
greater harmonic distortion than in PRE1, imparting a stronger tone color to your signal. PRE2
is available both in Viridian Channel Strip and in the pre-amp (PRE) stage of the VIRIDIAN PRE.

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Looking forward to buying this one, coupon code not working though
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:08 am

waffleneck wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:40 pm
Looking forward to buying this one, coupon code not working though
coupon code worked!

indulging...
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:44 am

robschroeder wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:00 pm

From the manual:

PRE2 (A72S): this pre-amp (STEREO) again faithfully reproduces the behavior of the input
stage of the same vintage German console of PRE1. This emulation is characterized by a
greater harmonic distortion than in PRE1, imparting a stronger tone color to your signal. PRE2
is available both in Viridian Channel Strip and in the pre-amp (PRE) stage of the VIRIDIAN PRE.
Thanks Rob. Must've missed that when I looked over the manual. Excited to try this...

drezz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by drezz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Hey Folks, UK customers get in touch here by PM or at [email protected], or by the link in my signature, for discount coupons for Viridian, or any other Acustica plugin. Cheers. Lots of coupons here................ :)
Official Acustica Audio Dealer for UK/Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/AcusticaUKDealer

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:53 pm

we have finally the original transformer and we uploaded the new version to aquarius. I'm a bit surprised because it is much more cleaner than expected (it is rather flat in frequency), but we are sure this is the original tone, for what it is worth

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 pm

High Acusticans!

The eq on viridian is sick. the frankenstein factor is pretty sick. the combined tone shaping options are quite staggering in their immensity.

compressor#3 on the other hand...

:mrgreen:

kingslanemusic
User Level II
User Level II

Post by kingslanemusic » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:47 am

Viridian is just great, it really is !
I have never worked on a H****s, but if this is a faithful recreation, I'd take it over S*L, N**e or A*I anytime.
It simply works in a very natural way on a wide variety of sources, from electronic to acoustic.
I can't recall ever having boosted 6k in my entire pro audio life, but hey, there's always a first time...
Haven't found use for the A72 Eq, but the P** comp is fantastic and CPU usage is perfectly usable - even on my AA-subpar-macpro5.1-Logicx-system !

I would also like to say thanks to AA for giving us 3 excellent updates (pink, gold and magenta) for free this year.
This makes it much easier to justify more purchases, despite an overflowing plugin folder.
Looking forward to the Tape thing !