Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Ruby - Dw Fearn VT-5 equalizer TBR 26 Jan 2018

Post by gussyg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:05 am

ekkord wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:08 pm
Yes, a beautiful sounding eq, and runs with much better and smoother usability with this plugin as well.
But I agree the price is very steep for just a single eq plugin, and not allowing customers that have supported you guys for years to use their discount coupons isn't good.
Otherwise, great work.
not even going to demo it :x

Berty Bill
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Berty Bill » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 pm

Is this plugin something similar colors to UAD M****y Massive Passive or it is totally different? Thanks!

flipnaut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by flipnaut » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 pm

wow it took me 15 minutes to find the trial :evil:

I just had to scroll down the product page :?

...very unusual because everyone would search it here:
http://acustica-audio.com/store/products/ruby

Seems there are only documents and a buy button - but no trial button. It would be so easy to implement a link under the buy button to get to the trial site.... :idea:

flipnaut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by flipnaut » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 pm

ah and why is the newest eq of AA not on top of the eq list? :o Does make no sense either because everyone would think product is not ready yet. Instead i find the diamond eq. Hmm. :oops:

Frogy
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Frogy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:31 pm

<r><QUOTE author="Berty Bill" post_id="125346" time="1517348980" user_id="70663"><s>
Berty Bill wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 pm
</s>
Is this plugin something similar colors to UAD M****y Massive Passive or it is totally different? Thanks!
<e>
I'm using both Ruby and UAD Massive Passive as my current mastering eq's. A 1.5 db 400 hz cut and a 1db gain at 12khz in Ruby really opens up the mix allowing it to breath. Here is a song from the current (in progress) project I am mastering.

https://soundcloud.com/retroreel/in-this-space-alone

flipnaut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by flipnaut » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm

interesting... when i throw my bass (DI) into the plugin i hear a bit reverb or echo. Anyone else can hear it too?
I have a boost on a bass guitar at 60Hz at +12db. At +6 the reverb goes away.

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:55 pm

That sounds like the Echo bug that can happen with LF boosts. G says it's not a bug but I don't know what else to call it.

flipnaut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by flipnaut » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:09 pm

After some testing: It is a nice Pultec Style EQ - Similar sounds are possible with magenta 3 or another Pultec EQ too. For 200 bugs it's way too much for my budget but someone who has it should definitily try and perhaps get it. It's smooth and a workhorse Eq. Very good release from AA in my opinion. The echo bug doesn't bother me lot.... i would never boost +12db on the master :D Finally it is very cool that Mr Fearn works with AA and i hope there will be a compressor someday too...

Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by Acusticaaudiouser33 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:58 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:15 pm
If you ask to me, it is the BEST eq we have ever released, I know I'm biased but I think this is the best ITB equalizer ever.
It is extremely close to the original hardware BUT the hardware is BETTER if you ask to me or Doug. Doug said it is "very very good".
I'm surprised to read 'best' and 'best ITB equalizer ever': I thought that AA would rather insist that the eqs sampled are so very different that there is no real comparison and 'best'.
Does it mean that more time and more people have been allocated to get the best implementation/ closest emulation so far?

If Ruby is considered the best ever and still the hardware 'is Better' how much worse is the Pearl, Navy, Honey,... compared to the hardware then?

I hope that this is really rather a motivation to get the previous emulations on the same level as Ruby ...this seems possible by doing things differently (teams involved, time spent, sampling process and longer beta phase)

Many thanks
'

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:10 pm

This hardware is pure magic AND we improved quite a lot.

aatigre
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by aatigre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:13 pm

I hope that this is really rather a motivation to get the previous emulations on the same level as Ruby ...this seems possible by doing things differently (teams involved, time spent, sampling process and longer beta phase)
I guess D W Fearn, the man itself, quality control.

Brian
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Brian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:50 pm

For what it's worth I really feel the Ruby lows are just as good as my Hendyamps Michelangelo or Buzz Audio REQ-2.2.
Different flavors, same league.
The top end is beautiful too of course.

Combining it with Amber or Gold on vocals is a treat, too.

People in Taiwan have generally overlooked Acustica for the past few years despite my best efforts to promote, educate about, and demo the products - up until Ruby.
A few quite high-profile guys with great ears were stunned by it and more people are paying attention now.
And with Aquarius running very smoothly, there's no excuses not to demo.
So it would seem that Ruby is a powerful gateway drug :D

Very happy that we all have this fantastic tool ITB, and it's fortunate that more people can now get a sampling of Mr. Fearn's exquisite tone to use in their productions.
Thank you.

In related news, a friend just lent me a VT-7 for testing - it should be fun to pair them together.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
[email protected]

Mixing/Mastering Engineer at Sentient Sound Labs 覺知音樂工作室

Win10 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9

mymusic
Expert
Expert

Post by mymusic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:21 pm

Brian wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:50 pm
For what it's worth I really feel the Ruby lows are just as good as my Hendyamps Michelangelo or Buzz Audio REQ-2.2.
Different flavors, same league.
The top end is beautiful too of course.

Combining it with Amber or Gold on vocals is a treat, too.

People in Taiwan have generally overlooked Acustica for the past few years despite my best efforts to promote, educate about, and demo the products - up until Ruby.
A few quite high-profile guys with great ears were stunned by it and more people are paying attention now.
And with Aquarius running very smoothly, there's no excuses not to demo.
So it would seem that Ruby is a powerful gateway drug :D

Very happy that we all have this fantastic tool ITB, and it's fortunate that more people can now get a sampling of Mr. Fearn's exquisite tone to use in their productions.
Thank you.

In related news, a friend just lent me a VT-7 for testing - it should be fun to pair them together.
Now this is very interesting read. Very happy to hear that some big name sin Taiwan are now paying attention to Acustica Acqua plugins because of Ruby. Waiting to see they're reaction when they'll put their hands on all the great arsenal Acqua plugins has to offer. They will be floored

Now you lucky one, you get to test a real VT-7? daaaaaaaaaaamn we want to hear some A/B/C test aahahhaaha

Indeed we're living in great times and its a treat to be alive and experienced this with so many ;-)

I think what AA have achieved lately with Ruby/Crimson is simply top notch & we're very fortunate indeed

Now whats NEXT?
Music Producer - Mix Engineer - Entrepreneur
http://www.soundcloud.com/absolutmy
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio

linkstate
User Level II
User Level II

Post by linkstate » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 am

flipnaut wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm
interesting... when i throw my bass (DI) into the plugin i hear a bit reverb or echo. Anyone else can hear it too?
I have a boost on a bass guitar at 60Hz at +12db. At +6 the reverb goes away.
It is artefact of ringing :(

https://www.timpetherick.co.uk/new-approaches/

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

there is a possible solution we are experimenting but we'll implement for sure in ruby2, not before.
I think you will see this solution implemented in march on a different product.
At the moment ruby is the state-of-art of what we can do, given those constraints