Crimson is out! The first Dreamware Dynamic Overdrive

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
fabio.migliorati

Crimson is out! The first Dreamware Dynamic Overdrive

Post by fabio.migliorati » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:13 pm

People have been saying for years that our sampling technology would have never been able to convincingly emulate the creamy tone of a high-quality overdriven analog device.
Well, it's about time to change their minds!
...ALONG CAME OVERDRIVE.
CRIMSON_slideshow_OK.png
The first Dreamware Dynamic Overdrive Acqua Plugin based on our brand new Core11 technology.
We can’t but say it again: we are very proud to release CRIMSON, the first Acqua Effect plug-in expressely devoted to saturation and distortion.
We believe it will be appreciated by mastering and mixing engineers for its precise, punchy, clear compression, its wealth of colorful distortion flavors and, last but not least, its proprietary ‘Super Saturation’ mode. We specifically coined a new definition for this product: Dreamware Dynamic Overdrive.We believe this is the most appropriate name for an absolutely unique plugin, a real gem characterized by a number of surprising features.
Crimson_teaser_001.png

Details

It is common believe that software isn’t yet able to mimic the intricate details of saturation and distortion in overdriven analog devices.
With CRIMSON we firmly believe that we have come really close to the real behavior of analog saturation; it’s a result we achieved at the end of a long research and improvement phase of our technology. Therefore we invite you to consider even just few audio tests with CRIMSON, if you want to get a grasp of the real potential of this powerful processor, one that we hope will eventualy become an irreplaceable tool in your audio processing arsenal.

Crimson is a powerful and complex processor; the manual will help you learn your way through its many versatile functions
A thorough understanding of this innovative and unique plug-in is highly recommended in order to explore all its innumerable, radical sound-shaping possibilities.
We at Acustica are very proud of this latest technological advancement of ours.

We believe that CRIMSON is the perfect choice for those who intend to bring warmth and character to the signal path. Thanks to our state-of-art sampling technology, today you are provided with all the sonic traits of an overdriven hardware unit in a convenient plug-in format! A fantastic product that by all means is waiting to become an essential part of your equipment.

CRIMSON suite includes:

CRIMSON (Channel-strip)

CRIMSON COMP

CRIMSON PRE
Crimson_teaser_007.png
CRIMSON Commercial web-page:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189

CRIMSON Trial web-page:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189

Operation Systems and Formats Supported:
• Supported operation systems: OS X and Windows.
• Supported plug-in formats: VST2, AAX, and AU.
• Supported architectures: 32 and 64-bits.

Price and availability:
• CRIMSON commercial version: €129.00
Special price at €109.65(15%OFF) form MSRP price on first four weeks. Available as a digital download immediately after payment.
• CRIMSON trial version: free four week test license. Available as a digital download immediately after €0.00 payment.

Crimson user's manual direct link:

https://app.box.com/shared/static/gmtgr ... m1ada3.pdf
Attachments
Crimson_teaser_003.png

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Re: Crimson is out! The first Dreamware Dynamic Overdrive

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm trying it and keeps wondering : why isn't the saturator a standalone element as well ? Just curious.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Because it is really as much cpu intensive as the whole crimson

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:33 pm

OK, I'm having a lot of fun. Strangely, more on individual tracks than on groups or master, so far. This seems to be a great fatting unit. I like it very very much on bass and kick.
The price seems very low for the quality. A great deal IMO. But I need a quantum CPU. On my i7 6800k O.C. at 4.1 Ghz, one instance eats up to 25%.
Here are some requests, though :

1 - Could we have by default when opening the plugin, CL ON, Drive LO, Shape OFF, and Insane ON (compressor) ?
2 - The saturator standalone ? or a super Crimson with 2 saturators so we can have FET + Zener on one instance ?

Congrats, guys, this sounds amazing !
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

jonassjovaag
User Level II
User Level II

Post by jonassjovaag » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:36 pm

:D
Last edited by jonassjovaag on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by llesne » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:36 pm

S*** !!!! One more to buy !!!
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Reaper 5.76 - Lynx Aurora (n) Thunderbolt

Nebula 3 Server, Navy, Ochre, White2, Tan, Gold, Charly Limited, Ruby, Amethyst, Lemon, Ebony, Pink 2 & more coming I guess...

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:OK, I'm having a lot of fun. Strangely, more on individual tracks than on groups or master, so far. This seems to be a great fatting unit. I like it very very much on bass and kick.
The price seems very low for the quality. A great deal IMO. But I need a quantum CPU. On my i7 6800k O.C. at 4.1 Ghz, one instance eats up to 25%.
Here are some requests, though :

1 - Could we have by default when opening the plugin, CL ON, Drive LO, Shape OFF, and Insane ON (compressor) ?
2 - The saturator standalone ? or a super Crimson with 2 saturators so we can have FET + Zener on one instance ?

ok as you can see (you can listen) from audio demos, crimson is VERY good for
- vocals, alone
- drums, drum bus (it is really really good for it)
- bass (it adds harmonics)

crimson is incredibly good also for mastering, but PLEASE start using mastering presets. It is a complex unit, you need to understand how to use it for mastering.
A friend told me he is using it as UNIQUE mastering tool for several bands/tracks, or just with the little help of a single eq. Crimson is unbelievable good for mastering but you need ot add it carefully and with appropriate presets
Several tips:
- use drive at lowest settings, because it acts like a dynamic equalizer. It is very important you distort only peaks, not the whole thing
- use shape in order to bypass high frequencies, it limits the fuzziness
- yes the final mix knob is very important.
- don't forget to push inputs, in order to get more distortion, and to keep drive "low". In such way aliasing will be a lot better.
- for digital tracks you can try using the whole left compressor in supersaturator mode (asymmetric), like in several mastering presets

mightymosaic

Post by mightymosaic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Best plugin i have ever heard. This is the definition of Analog In The Box. Im making things pop and push through that hasnt been possible before.

Excellent job guys!

karol83
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by karol83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm

where is the trial for windows????only for osx :?

karol83
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by karol83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:26 pm

ughhh :roll: found thru aquarius app :oops: :D

KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Post by KP2009 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 pm

PC Installers not in the PC Folder only Aquarius Installer is there. :shock:

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:14 pm

use aquarius for downloading/installing.
They are adding legacy installers there though.

Sheikyearbouti

Post by Sheikyearbouti » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 pm

I've been testing this a lot in the last few days and I completely agree with GC statement. Not that I would limit the use of Crimson to these sources only, but it really rocks on bass, kick drum, toms, vocals, drum group bus, mixes.

To me the thing which makes it cool is that it can beef up any of those sources big time. An easy way to achieve this is to bring down the Shape (1) control so you introduce harmonics for the lower frequencies only and blend the result with the Mix knob (5). For huge low end it also helps to combine this with a couple of dB of compression with the HPF in the sidechain of the compressor.
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote: 1 - Could we have by default when opening the plugin, CL ON, Drive LO, Shape OFF, and Insane ON (compressor) ?
2 - Could we get a super Crimson with 2 saturators so we can have FET + Zener on one instance ?

bumping my own questions

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
Avgatzeblouz wrote: 1 - Could we have by default when opening the plugin, CL ON, Drive LO, Shape OFF, and Insane ON (compressor) ?
2 - Could we get a super Crimson with 2 saturators so we can have FET + Zener on one instance ?

bumping my own questions
2 and 1) no we'll not change the product
Anyway there is space for adding feature requests in crimson2
We wanted to deliver this product at any cost before Christmas holidays, this is the main reason why there will not be further modifications
We'll announce a lot of things tomorrow for 2018