Pearl 2!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
DarkandKurious
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Pearl 2 coming soon!

Post by DarkandKurious » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:It's very hard to understand the frequencies to me.
Why I have to press 2 buttons instead of only one? (I know it's the original, ancient, hardware design... :roll: )
But I can't understand on which freq I'm really tweaking:
Any tips? :?:
Think about where you want to start boosting and where that boost needs to stop, almost like thinking of a range of frequencies on a graphic EQ that you are boosting. That might help you visualise it more easily.
macOS Sierra, ProTools 12.8
Navy, Purple, Pink 2412/7236, Ultramarine, Coral, Lime, Pearl, Diamond, Gold, Cobalt, Ebony

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks to everyone :) , I found also this that is a pretty clear tutorial: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... =30#p86188

silain
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by silain » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:00 pm

This Release is insane! Really... you guys of acustica could be a millionaire with this release. :lol:

ceemusic

Post by ceemusic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:01 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:Thanks to everyone :) , I found also this that is a pretty clear tutorial: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... =30#p86188
And experiment by selecting different ranges, you'll be surprised at the freqs' you'll find useful.

Freq's that you wouldn't think of selecting using normal eq's.. I love boosting lo mids on this for a full round vibe. (I'll typically use other Nebula eq's for cutting certain problematic freqs.)

eg try selecting 112 / 570 & boost a few db, disable

ceemusic

Post by ceemusic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:05 pm

Upgraded & installed new modules, all went very smoothly.

It sounds great, congrats on the release.

Love the LIME option on the comp BTW, good move!

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm

My first impression:

Very nice tools. I'd made a whole mix with pearl and the comp is a bit more interesting than the lime comp because it is a bit more aggressive in a LA2A way. Lime does make a lot of more punch while Pearl can really compress harder.

Lime-Mix - Lime on every track:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxhmhdt48whm4 ... 2.mp3?dl=0

Pearl-Mix - Pearl on every track:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh59bsn9lbqz9 ... 3.mp3?dl=0

What is annoying is the GUI:
A lot of things are not sharp enough:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc8pgzyg6zccx ... d.JPG?dl=0

For the eyes it is hard to read and that must be fixed.
And i too would like a more darker black GUI as in Pearl 1. If you choose grey it should be like scarlet 3 - the best GUI until now in my opinion (- but a plugin i use not very often).

Problems so far:
At low frequencies Pearl gets with aggressive fast bass- drums pops and clicks as if there is a delay with distortion on it. I hope that will be fixed.

During testing i got one big crash and got a very loud noise - until closing and opening project everything was fine.

So it's clear that we have a sort of Alpha version here and there will be some updates i guess.

edit:
Found/made a better Pearl Mix!
Last edited by flipnautold on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by babiuk » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Would you say what is the closet comp to this pearl comp? I mean plugin comp of course
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:21 pm

babiuk wrote:Would you say what is the closet comp to this pearl comp? I mean plugin comp of course
A plugin comp that comes near... hmm perhaps PSP Oldtimer - one of my favourite Algo Comps.

The Eq reminds me on a pultec but it is not a pultec :D

But the Pearl and Lime are clearly two very different beasts. Lime is super rhythmic/punchy and Pearl Comp smoothes out everythings and perhaps is rounding it up. In my mixes i like Lime more - it worked in that mix... I'm shure Pearl2 will see it's place!

Man i have now so much Acustica stuff:
This was my last one @Giancarlo. (i guess!)
Now it's coming into tape machine from AA, reverb and stuff like that what i would buy.
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

Berty Bill
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Berty Bill » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Is presets included in Pearl2? Manual dont say anything about this....

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:53 pm

flipnaut wrote: ...
Problems so far:
At low frequencies Pearl gets with aggressive fast bass- drums pops and clicks as if there is a delay with distortion on it. I hope that will be fixed.

During testing i got one big crash and got a very loud noise - until closing and opening project everything was fine.

So it's clear that we have a sort of Alpha version here and there will be some updates i guess.
if you mean the "pearl2 comp" with your pops and clicks problem, try lowering the inputtrim (leftmost knob on the gui). also "modulazione" (attack shape modulation) could be helpful.

because of one crash in your system calling it clear to have a sort of alpha-version is a big exageration i think. there are so much variables involved ...
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:59 pm

flipnaut wrote:My first impression:

Very nice tools. I'd made a whole mix with pearl and the comp is a bit more interesting than the lime comp because it is a bit more aggressive in a LA2A way. Lime does make a lot of more punch while Pearl can really compress harder.

Lime-Mix - Lime on every track:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxhmhdt48whm4 ... 2.mp3?dl=0

Pearl-Mix - Pearl on every track:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mjmrrrszbffs ... 2.mp3?dl=0

What is annoying is the GUI:
A lot of things are not sharp enough:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc8pgzyg6zccx ... d.JPG?dl=0

For the eyes it is hard to read and that must be fixed.
And i too would like a more darker black GUI as in Pearl 1. If you choose grey it should be like scarlet 3 - the best GUI until now in my opinion (- but a plugin i use not very often).

Problems so far:

this is a definitive version. About the crash just try to replicate and we'll fix, but basically the plugin will NOT change any more (we'll update simply the engine).
As stated several days ago we'll not include presets.

About the compressor: also the original one retains the same behaviour. Anyway you can tune it a bit using a sidechain input (stedal and I had very good results); this is not possible on the original unit.

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:59 pm

would like to jump the train.
do we get loyal customer discount codes?
thanks in advance

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:01 pm

be a gorilla wrote:would like to jump the train.
do we get loyal customer discount codes?
thanks in advance
We've sent all coupon codes. We've got 3-4 errors due to a wrong email address stored in the system. If you didn't receive anything I suggest to contact support (we are selling a lot of pearl, they could run out if you wait too much)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Berty Bill wrote:Is presets included in Pearl2? Manual dont say anything about this....
as stated several days ago we'll not release presets for pearl.
We'll provide custom skins with your number, though (before the end of the presale)

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:06 pm

ah damn , had fear of this. ticket send