Nebula4, new details

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Nebula4, new details

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Ok since this topic is hot and this post is very important I'm starting a new thread.

I quote what I've already said few days ago:
Don't expect the impossible . In our first release we'll feature
- The resizable rack, but you'll open a single instance at once as usually
- No acqua plugins supported till February. We are working on server support for them (ok this is linked to a lot of developments you'll see, some revolutionary product extensions)
- A preset browser similar to apple finder
- Skinned commercial library as showcase of skinning capabilities
- A product as showcase of the simple nebula3 libraries skinning and core9. It is rather a powerful example. It is a new acqua with a possible price tag between 80 and 99 eur, included in nebula 4
Code name is rose. Included and worth the price of nebula4 upgrade alone.
- There will be a trial version. Nebula 4 free will be uploaded in February

What you'll have next:
- A lot of updates, really a lot. Every update for free. Many new libraries for free (not all obviously). Decide when you want to be in

we'll not advertise the product very much, since there is just a little time left before christmas (and we are busy cause the release of lime, coral, titanium2)

- Nebula should be available on 23-12 if and only "if" we don't discover last-minute bugs
- The name is simply "N4"
- we'll post several cool videos asap
- today we are working on installers; it means the product will enter tomorrow the betatesting stage. It was already alphatested, product could be delayed if something goes wrong.
- we'll release vst3, vst2, aax, au, but ONLY 64 bits and ONLY vstgui4 (so no legacy mode). Several legacy hosts will simply NOT work even if we released 32 bits (for example wavelab 5).

- protection: nebula will be protected in the same way we protected acqua plugins. No more init files to copy.
- Basically there is a way for using the new nebula4 as a nebula3 server so it is completely backward compatible
- N4 is a Core9. So fully debugged

- N4 will be a server version
- planned price is 239

- anyway we'll have:

10% discount cause christmas, till 9 jan 2017
20% discount because it is a preorder till 1 feb 2017

- and as nebula customer you'll have:

20% discount if you are a nebula3 pro owner
40% discount if you are a nebula3 server owner

- or alternativelyl you'll use the coupon we'll send on next days because acqua plugins, ranging from 5% to 45% depending on what you've bought. You CANNOT add it to nebula3 discount. Basically maximum discount will be 45% (to add to 30%)

- At the same time, Nebula3 pro will be removed from the shop (and supported). We'll remove at the same time also upgrade packets from nebula3 pro to nebula3 server

- Nebula3 server will still be available at the new price of 139 eur. If you bought nebula3 server just recently (ie black friday) you could open a ticket - not today - and get maybe a better offer. Nebula3 server will not be upgraded immediatly . We don't know when, we don't know how. There will not be a different upgrade policy between nebula3 server to N4 apart what I listed before. So you will NOT pay the difference; we don't know how much or when.

So just to explain it clearly
from 239 the initial price will be 167

if you are a nebula3 server customer the price will be 100
if you are a nebula3 pro customer the price will be 133 (so lower than the new nebula3 server price).

Now included in this incredible price we decided to add a free acqua, rose (wait for my next post). Rose was planned for 69 eur (and I think it is a very very very fair and honest price) but we decided to release it as a N4 gift, so free for N4 customers and ONLY for them

I repeat it clearly: N4 is fully backward compatible with Nebula3 server. There will be a trial version. N4 free will be released later.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:22 pm

first details about Rose

- it is shipped as both a fet and an opto-vactrol compressor even better, a SUPER opto since the shmod capabilities).
- it was sampled from devices built from Stedal "the genius" and sampled using our novel core9 technique. Results are IMPRESSIVE. His developer name will be "Sound drops".
- it is both an acqua plugin AND a N4 library.
- so you will experience the new skinning capabilities of N4. Soon N4 will load directly the acqua version, you will understand it better

few early pictures (there is a typo on the skin it is FET not FAT, but it is funny):
Rose_teaser_test_011.png
Rose_teaser_test_010.png

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:48 pm

bump

MFX
User Level II
User Level II

Post by MFX » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Very nice and thanks for the update, sounds really promising.

Thanks for the pricing explanation, helps teh budget forecast for this time of year :)

teod
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by teod » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:02 pm

If I purchase Nebula 3 server for 139, will I still get the 40% off coupon?

BCz
User Level III
User Level III

Post by BCz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:11 pm

No grace period? Bought Neb3 Server 4 months ago to learn how it worked while I waited for Neb4. Paying 239eur and now paying 100 more is not very funny (not for my wallet at least). I should have bought the pro version or waited some more. Damn.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Yes and Yes I esplained it

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

BCz wrote:No grace period? Bought Neb3 Server 4 months ago to learn how it worked while I waited for Neb4. Paying 239eur and now paying 100 more is not very funny (not for my wallet at least). I should have bought the pro version or waited some more. Damn.
That's why I asked the support BEFORE buying N3 in October. And they told me there will be no grace period. I also wrote several times here in the forum. So for me nothing new. And 133 EUR for N4 is ok for me although buyed N3Pro recently.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:00 pm

It's true... Anyway for people who bought recently we'll try to make a better deal
I'm not sure it will be automatic. Thank you for your support!

xabilon
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by xabilon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi, clear and great news ;)
So Nebula 3 presets will work with N4... what about Nebula Setups ? Will it be possible to make setups with N4 ?

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Good to finally get some more information. Is Nebula Setups going to work with N4 (or will it be needed)?

llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by llesne » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:47 pm

I'm really looking forward to the new browser. The deeper the better :).
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Reaper 5.76 - Lynx Aurora (n) Thunderbolt

Nebula 3 Server, Navy, Ochre, White2, Tan, Gold, Charly Limited, Ruby, Amethyst, Lemon, Ebony, Pink 2 & more coming I guess...

HDNebula
User Level III
User Level III

Post by HDNebula » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:09 pm

I think is a good decision that nebula4 only will have one version (two with free version). I always thought that was too much work and time for a technology in development and a company that isn't big. Even now I remember those crazy times when you could install like 4-5 versions of nebula and the people didn't know what to install.
About rose, pretty interesting to see what current core9 can do with a fet and especially a opto compressor, these seem the most difficult compressors to sample.

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:22 pm

i am interested in what and how fast 3rd party devs can deliver plugins. Any one knows about this topic?
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

BCz
User Level III
User Level III

Post by BCz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:26 pm

robschroeder wrote:
BCz wrote:No grace period? Bought Neb3 Server 4 months ago to learn how it worked while I waited for Neb4. Paying 239eur and now paying 100 more is not very funny (not for my wallet at least). I should have bought the pro version or waited some more. Damn.
That's why I asked the support BEFORE buying N3 in October. And they told me there will be no grace period. I also wrote several times here in the forum. So for me nothing new. And 133 EUR for N4 is ok for me although buyed N3Pro recently.
Hey don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm glad at least my money can help support Acustica. I just don't think I'd be buying it right away. My wallet needs a rest.