AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by Barendse » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:38 pm

lordnielson wrote:
fuseburn wrote:DavidMeShow, I'm getting the exact same issue, but with a totally different program - in my case the CDSoundmaster Cooltec Preamp Program "ALL" sounds exactly like what I'm hearing in your examples. So this is nebula-specific, not library-specific. It IS gain-dependant though, so definitely try lowering the input until it disappears.

Did you download the fix Michael posted for that issue ?
Fix? For the Cooltec lib? Where can I find it?

User avatar
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by fuseburn » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Don't know about a fix - where can I find it ?

lordnielson
Member
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Copenhagen

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by lordnielson » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Pretty sure he sent an email to all customers and updated the default library.

Anyway we're off topic here so try emailing Michael perhaps ?

cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 am
Contact:

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by cdsoundmaster » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 am

The Cooltec 'fix' was updated after the release was only 2-4 hours old. If it was purchased in these first couple of hours before the update, I am happy to reactivate the download. Most likely, only a few people had an opportunity to require the update. We contacted the first purchasers as soon as the update was complete. The reason for that situation was that there were too many small steps in the dynamics, so if the audio file was processing within the range that gave the side effect, it would resolve by decreasing the volume below that range. That has been resolved with the Cooltec preamp program and to my knowledge all users have the proper version.

Sorry to answer in the Modern Logic Console PRO thread, so in an attempt to bring it back around to the topic, AlexB programs are awesome!!! :-)
lordnielson wrote:
fuseburn wrote:DavidMeShow, I'm getting the exact same issue, but with a totally different program - in my case the CDSoundmaster Cooltec Preamp Program "ALL" sounds exactly like what I'm hearing in your examples. So this is nebula-specific, not library-specific. It IS gain-dependant though, so definitely try lowering the input until it disappears.

Did you download the fix Michael posted for that issue ?

User avatar
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by fuseburn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 am

Alright, thanks for clearing that up Michael !
That means I'm having the updated Cooltec version, but I still have that specific side effect that DavidMeShow described. He's having the problem with the MLC SRN.

Too many dynamic steps, that makes sense, somehow.
I can reduce the effect by lowering the Input gain. Can you aswell, David ?
Why does that happen ? And - obviously - why only in *some* programs ?

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by AlexB » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:58 am

I'll check this week, please report the issue by email (as user manual says) since I don't read the forum regularly.
Thanks
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

User avatar
davidgary73
Expert
Expert
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 am

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by davidgary73 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Bought the MLeQ..Awesomeness. :D :D
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •


Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by anthonyw » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:24 am

What is the best recommended overall setting for RATE CNV? Also, how do I know what the best input level is for each program?

User avatar
Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:30 am

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by Mercado_Negro » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 am

anthonyw wrote:What is the best recommended overall setting for RATE CNV? Also, how do I know what the best input level is for each program?
I use a RATE CNV of 7000ms. It works fine for all programs I've worked with, 96kHz and 44.1kHz.

I'm sure you already know this but in my opinion input levels should be determined by ear. The general rule I use, as part of my workflow, is to make sure everything is below or at -18dBFS for individual tracks and around -16dBFS for buses and groups. These are starting points for me, I tweak levels after this 'leveling phase', more or less, it depends on the material. For Michael's programs I use to hit Nebula harder, somewhere close to -6dBFS or a bit more. Michael's programs have more headroom in Nebula so I use to work a lot by ear here.

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit

anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by anthonyw » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks, how do you enter exact values for the settings?

sfunk
Member
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by sfunk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:23 am

Alex with your programs i think i am getting insanely loud beeps when the audio overloads Nebula? Anyone else noticed this? Is there anyway to stop this as it is ear/speaker damningly loud when it happens

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by AlexB » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am

As I suggest in the user manual, the best way to work like "old school" is to put this VU Meter
Image
on your mixbuss, or listening room buss, as last plugin. Set the VU Meter to -18dBfs and use it to read the loudness during the mix (and also during tracking). Your point now is the 0dB VU on the VU Meter, forgot your dBfs scale. Imagine that it is your VU Meter on the console. :mrgreen:
In this way your mix will sound better and Nebula reacts like the hardware with the correct gain staging. Then you can drive nebula at your taste.

You can use the Waves Dorrough Meter also.
Image

Cheers
Alex
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by AlexB » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 am

sfunk wrote:Alex with your programs i think i am getting insanely loud beeps when the audio overloads Nebula? Anyone else noticed this? Is there anyway to stop this as it is ear/speaker damningly loud when it happens
If you overload Nebula is like overload the hardware. Not so good. Please refer at the user manual and at my previous post.
Thanks
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

sfunk
Member
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by sfunk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 pm

AlexB wrote:
sfunk wrote:Alex with your programs i think i am getting insanely loud beeps when the audio overloads Nebula? Anyone else noticed this? Is there anyway to stop this as it is ear/speaker damningly loud when it happens
If you overload Nebula is like overload the hardware. Not so good. Please refer at the user manual and at my previous post.
Thanks
Hi Alex thats fair but sometimes overloading happens by accident or for example with dynamic recordings like a vocal goes from loud to quiet. I amm not joking when i say this noise is astoundingly loud, its not like the distortion gradually occurs its simply jumps to ear/speaker splitting level. Any idea why this is?

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Post by AlexB » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm

If you tracking at the right level is quite impossible that it happens: You have 18dB of dynamic range over the 0dBVU and Nebula virtually doesn't clip. Says that, I haven't experimented this kind of noise or problem. Maybe it depends by other settings in your system, other plugins in the chain and so.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Post Reply