Ebony is out!

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Re: Ebony is out!

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:37 pm

giancarlo wrote:Ok we are alphatesting a fix on l/r balance
It will be an optional update atm
Yes, having both options is perfect. Each user can decide, then : authenticity or precision.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:41 pm

When we will see 48-88 sampling rate packs?

fabio.migliorati

Post by fabio.migliorati » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Have you already tried our Ebony presets?
presets_manual_cover.png
Here the direct link to download the complete list:
https://app.box.com/shared/static/u6hz6 ... 34cv90.pdf

wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by wrigout » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Congrats on this release. Havent tried it yet, but based on what i red on different places it looks like one of the most important stuff you guys deliver this year.

filterfilter
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by filterfilter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:13 pm

the comps are monstrous!!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:14 pm

wrigout wrote:Congrats on this release. Havent tried it yet, but based on what i red on different places it looks like one of the most important stuff you guys deliver this year.
Absolutely

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Still wrapping my mind around Ebony. This is definitely a special release.

Initial impressions are that this is THE suite for that 60's/70's EMT sound. The whole thing reminds me of a lot of old records. I never thought I would love dipping 150hz this much for a quick boom reduction. Playing with 2k on different tracks let me set the perfect level of "honk." The EQ curves and gritty sounding filters just scream. I found uses for all the EQ's easily, and they sounded very nice together.

The pres are fantastic. I really like the E411 for poking out guitars, snares, or vocals. The D82 on bass brought out that perfect "thuddy-purr." Of course, the D437S over the whole mix glued things extremely well.

Compressors... I don't even remember what I used where, but all the compressors/expander found a duty somewhere. Thick and hard transients, very tasty! Great when crushing them in parallel too!

Then there's the reverb, which is spacial-gluing machine! Really enjoyed hearing all the reverb's tonal/spacial capabilities and variances. Like Gian has said, it doesn't get metallic. To my ears, it gets fuller and less percussive with higher input levels, which makes it fun to play with :lol:

I'm going to need more time with the reverb. Still not sure how I feel about the "authenticity vs. precision" kernels, but super cool that it's an option! Going to need more time with the whole thing honestly, but phew... this release really covers a very cool era/style of sound. I think I'll be using this WAY more than I had originally thought!
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

philou72
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by philou72 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:43 am

Is there anyway to use Ebony on a server like nebula ?
...my dream

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:57 am

possibly a bug on the D473 compressor:
with treshold = 0
comp 1:1 1.5:1 and 2:1
there is still a compression action until -6db

then with 3:1 and above all seems to be regular as expected.

Windows 32 bit an 64 bit VST

anyone else?

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:52 am

US customers: Happy 4th of July and contact me for additional discounts! (Email address link in my signature)

Cheers,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

drezz
Expert
Expert

Post by drezz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:29 pm

SAme here ^^^ UK customers, please contact me for UK discount coupons. Cheers.......... :)
Official Acustica Audio Dealer for UK/Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/AcusticaUKDealer

http://www.newcutstudios.co.uk/

nellykhega
User Level I
User Level I

Post by nellykhega » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Guys!!! :shock: The cupon code is not valid!!! :evil: i need this plugin!!! :!:
-----------------------------
False alarm! I wasn't logged in. Everything is OK!
p.s. Compressors is Nuclear!!! as always!
Core i7-4770k. 16gb-Ram. Gtx680. Win8.1x64. SSD-256gb [system], SSD-500gb [workspace]
Studio One 3.5 - Cubase 9,5 - Mixbus32C
Nebula4 - Crimson - Cobalt - GOLD - Diamond EQ - Diamond LIFT - pEArl2 - Ebony - BlueQ - Coral - Lime - Sand - Amethyst 3
Rose - YROY - Violet - Opto3A - Vari Level - 100A - L-BUS - BLU MU - N60A - U76 - Tea Room - Rstate D

https://soundcloud.com/user345866934/woodoo-banana

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Raise a ticket! They will fix it

nellykhega
User Level I
User Level I

Post by nellykhega » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Morning: After two days of trial, my nerves (ears) could not resist and I gave in. :shock:
Evening: It's been a few hours since I bought the ebony. :D
The first impression is the compressors. :o Glue, vintage sound of the 70's and many, many other epithets (and of course the killer expander!!! :twisted: )
Magic Equalizer friendly with the CPU. :D Preamps...WoW!!! :P
And....REVERB!!! :shock: So cool to glue the tracks and the whole mix there is no other effect.
I don't write about the channel strip because the CPU showed me two middle fingers! :cry: But I hope in the future to optimize or maybe I'll go to the new Core-i9. (Yes, Yes! I still think to sell a kidney because looking towards Ultramarine 3)
Right Now: Acustica Audio as Always on Top! G and AA Team Thank you for all that you invented and created!!! BRAVO!!! :D :D :D
Core i7-4770k. 16gb-Ram. Gtx680. Win8.1x64. SSD-256gb [system], SSD-500gb [workspace]
Studio One 3.5 - Cubase 9,5 - Mixbus32C
Nebula4 - Crimson - Cobalt - GOLD - Diamond EQ - Diamond LIFT - pEArl2 - Ebony - BlueQ - Coral - Lime - Sand - Amethyst 3
Rose - YROY - Violet - Opto3A - Vari Level - 100A - L-BUS - BLU MU - N60A - U76 - Tea Room - Rstate D

https://soundcloud.com/user345866934/woodoo-banana

drecchiarex
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by drecchiarex » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Just happily demoed the verb on OS X (AU) last night. Yeah, wow!

What a beautiful and seem less way to give space to anything. Mono to stereo. Panning a source hard left/right and the verb on the opposite. I can do all these things that just never quite worked on all other verbs, and somehow it just works here.

One question; as much as I love the short ambiance uses for this, I'd equally like to use it as a Radiohead style long tail effect.

However, I'm finding that this nearly doesn't exist at all. If I turn the EARLY/LATE all the way to late, I get EXTREMELY low output. I have to you gain plugins to get +48dB to get any type of useable level, and even then, the early signal is still predominant. I can faintly here this somewhat odd sounding tail (at full decay setting).

I also seem to have this behavior where the late signal is actually delayed significantly from the early, and this seems to change based on the buffer size of my DAW (Logic Pro and Ableton Live).

I certainly love this as is, but I did quite love the VNXT EMT for it's ability to give you those super long cavernous REVERBS (rather than ambiance), but Ebony sounds so much better than that so I'm hoping the tails are there and I'm just experiencing a bug.

Cheers and congrats on another great release!