Ebony is out!

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
dumchidumchi
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Ebony is out!

Post by dumchidumchi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:56 am

Full strip, reverb only, comp, eq or preamp plugins all have -9173 and CPU spikes issue on my Mac Pro Trash Can and PT 12.8. Like I said, I'd reported the issue to Enrique at support and we had discussions about the issue. The conclusion was that they are nice enough to do a license swap. But I would like to have an update that resolve the issue and when it happens, I would definitely re-purchase Ebony.
Simon Li at nOiz

Golden Melody Awards (GMA) Winning Mixing & Mastering engineer. Celebrating 20 years of audio engineering.

InTheChaos
User Level II
User Level II

Post by InTheChaos » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:36 pm

giancarlo wrote:
InTheChaos wrote:I seem unable to recall the settings I saved. Anyone having an issue with this? I can only recall the presets. Any changes I do to them, are not recalled.

I am using the full Ebony vst.

Windows 10 64bit Nuendo 7.035
Tell me if you experience it in an empty song

Yes. In an empty song as well.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 am

InTheChaos wrote:I seem unable to recall the settings I saved. Anyone having an issue with this? I can only recall the presets. Any changes I do to them, are not recalled.

I am using the full Ebony vst.

Windows 10 64bit Nuendo 7.035
We CAN NOT replicate this behavior in our test computers. Please open a support ticket and assign it to technical support.

-

Acqua Effects troubleshooting and weird behavior report
https://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/v ... 32&t=28860

If you detect weird behavior or a possible bug in our Acqua Effect products line, we recommend you to contact us through our ticket system in order to track each inquiry.

For create a tech support ticket, log-in in your Dashboard and go Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support and submit a ticket.

Remember that we need a detailed information about your system, the product and installer you are using, and step by step information about how to reproduce the reported issue in our test systems.
Don't be afraid to upload to a free cloud service audio clip examples, screen capture with settings or screen videos of your problematic audio session.

If you are having download issues, installation issues or authorization issues we recommend you first to read our on-line guide located in Board index, Acqua, Working with Acqua.

Note: please assign normal priority to your ticket, high and low priority is used only internally by our staff.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

DarkandKurious
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DarkandKurious » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 am

dumchidumchi wrote:Full strip, reverb only, comp, eq or preamp plugins all have -9173 and CPU spikes issue on my Mac Pro Trash Can and PT 12.8. Like I said, I'd reported the issue to Enrique at support and we had discussions about the issue. The conclusion was that they are nice enough to do a license swap. But I would like to have an update that resolve the issue and when it happens, I would definitely re-purchase Ebony.
That's a real bummer for you. I'm on a 2013 MBPr, 10.12.6 and PT 12.8 and I can get about 6-8 strips at 44.1 before I have to start freezing tracks. It's MUCH lighter on the CPU here than the Coral Strip. I'm using it on Aux inputs as well as directly on channels without a noticeable difference in CPU. I can't imagine why you're getting issues on a better computer.

The only thing I've found is that plugins that upsample cause unreliable CPU in combination with Aquas. Audified's U73 compressor, DMG's Limitless, TDR's plugins all seem to make the CPU erratic when to doing upsampling. It makes sense, as it's doing conversion in real time both ways while keeping everything phase coherent. I've just learnt to freeze plugins, or commit like I am tracking.

Hopefully PT will learn to balance the load across cores more evenly.
macOS Sierra, ProTools 12.8
Navy, Purple, Pink 2412/7236, Ultramarine, Coral, Lime, Pearl, Diamond, Gold, Cobalt, Ebony

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:51 am

I 'think' ....

Both ACQUA and Nebula, when needing SR conversion, do it only at LOAD time. Once the IR's have been converted, that process is done. Generally, higher sample rates require more CPU, as a rule.

Still ... watching this thread to see what concludes.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

RE301

Post by RE301 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Just got Ebony installed / up & running...

On an initial run through - to my ears the reverb sounds fantastic, like 'scary good'...I like all the controls / layout / GUI ergonomics too. (stand alone modules & main) ..

As others have mentioned, the 473 compressor sounds great and the expander is SUPER... it (expander) has actually just brought life back to a flattened-sounding mono drum track (that is to say - the entire drum performance is on one mono track) over here.. (!) .. very cool!

(added later:

The expander having resuscitated the flatlined drums has already proven to be of considerable value to me... with the fantastic 473 clearly a very useful mastering / mix buss tool and the reverb as icing on this audio cake - Ebony is shaping up to be worth every cent of the purchase price!

And even later:

fired up the standalone eq.. using the hipass filter of the first default module E111 on a background vocal stereo group - within seconds got results 'sounding like a record'....very very nice indeed! ... There were actually some things bugging me sonically for quite a while with these BG vocals - with the E111 they are now sounding 'ready' & I'd be happy to move on and print mixes :-0 .. )

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:16 am

Ebony Reverb for OSX and Windows for all plug-in formats marked as rel F was uploaded today. This version should fix all reported issues but note backward compatibility is not assured.

If you are using old Ebony Reverb in important sessions, load them before update and make screen capture of your settings.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

BG23
User Level V
User Level V

Post by BG23 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:55 am

Great!!
For the balanced pack, we can install "BALANCED PACK rel D" or do we have to wait for an updated one?

Emjay
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by Emjay » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 am

anyone get the windows zip file corrupted?

BG23
User Level V
User Level V

Post by BG23 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 am

Emjay wrote:anyone get the windows zip file corrupted?
Yep, "the archive is corrupt".

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Emjay wrote:anyone get the windows zip file corrupted?
Tested and not replicated.

Setup EBONY REVERB 44.1 96 Win VST rel F
MD5: 67d8d11b7d106dfe37a41f9d44d7d4ec

Setup EBONY REVERB 44.1 96 Win AAX rel F
MD5: acfbf3f4a7d6f4594f254f0e7cbdc964
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

BG23
User Level V
User Level V

Post by BG23 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Downloaded the 377MB zipped file again, still corrupted to me:
- with WinRar only the info.txt file is extracted.
- with 7-Zip both files are extracted but the installer is only 200MB in size and I get an error when I open it. :?
Attachments
corrupted.jpg

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:40 pm

BG23 wrote:Downloaded the 377MB zipped file again, still corrupted to me:
- with WinRar only the info.txt file is extracted.
- with 7-Zip both files are extracted but the installer is only 200MB in size and I get an error when I open it. :?
If your copy of data (= download) was uncompleted due a time out (for example), MD5 should be different.

Setup EBONY REVERB 44.1 96 Win VST rel F
MD5: 67d8d11b7d106dfe37a41f9d44d7d4ec

Setup EBONY REVERB 44.1 96 Win AAX rel F
MD5: acfbf3f4a7d6f4594f254f0e7cbdc964

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5
https://www.lifewire.com/validate-md5-c ... le-4037391
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

BG23
User Level V
User Level V

Post by BG23 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Ahahahah after 6 tries I managed to download it changing browser....to Internet Explorer! Waaaat :shock: :lol:

But I still don't know if I have to wait for a new balanced pack, or the old balanced rel D is ok (?).

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:35 pm

File IMPORTANT.txt was added in Ebony downloads.

Ebony commercial installation sequence
24/08/2017

1 - Install Ebony channel strip.
2 - Install Ebony compressor, EQ, and pre.
3 - Install Ebony reverb.
4 - Install Ebony reverb balanced pack.
5 - Install upgrades marked as "48 88.2" if you work at 48 kHz and 88.2 kHz. Compressor is frequency independent, for that reason there is no "44 88.2" upgrade.

NOTE: All files MUST BE installed in same path using same folder and you do not move files to different folders.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.