Cobalt is out! Pre-order (20%OFF)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
fisto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: Cobalt is out! Pre-order (20%OFF)

Post by fisto » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:53 pm

great great Plugin-Collection here again.
Already wrapped my head around the Dyn-EQ a bit and now I'm just waiting for my small loyalty-coupon (ticket is sent) and I'm buying it :)
Apperently AA is on holidays, otherwise I would buy it NOW :D

Congratulations for the amazing work AA. Looking forward to put this thing to use in all my projects :)

faland
User Level I
User Level I

Post by faland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Barendse wrote:
faland wrote:But, even if a very kind guy tried to explain me how to approach the dyneq, I feel I'm losing a big part of the show. :(
Just check the post by bManic on KVR & Gearslutz on how to use this masterpiece. Works great.
Actually bmanic IS that guy!
Nebula 3 Pro | Red | Tan | Ochre | Trinity | Orange | Pink | Sand | Titanium2 | pEArL2 | Gold | Diamond |

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Waiting for your "dyneq for dummies" G , I'm lost too :oops:

Amazing Plugin anyway !

JulenJVM
User Level V
User Level V

Post by JulenJVM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:48 pm

I'm struggling to get the dyn eq to act as a de-esser. I'm not sure if the attack is too slow for this to work, as I have success with other dynamic eqs like Nova. I just can't get the comp to react to sybilants and sybilants only...

fisto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by fisto » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:17 pm

JulenJVM wrote:I'm struggling to get the dyn eq to act as a de-esser. I'm not sure if the attack is too slow for this to work, as I have success with other dynamic eqs like Nova. I just can't get the comp to react to sybilants and sybilants only...
try turning on Eq2 and boost around the area where the SS's are happening and cut out the lows...this should trigger the comp in this area....worth a try..more of a guess :)

A sidechain-monitor-button would be veery nice to have here.

faland
User Level I
User Level I

Post by faland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Mantis!!!
:shock:
Mantis + Cobalt comp!!! (2 istances)
;) :) :P :D :mrgreen:
Nebula 3 Pro | Red | Tan | Ochre | Trinity | Orange | Pink | Sand | Titanium2 | pEArL2 | Gold | Diamond |

faland
User Level I
User Level I

Post by faland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:54 pm

fisto wrote: A sidechain-monitor-button would be veery nice to have here.
Oh yes, indeed!

Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Barendse » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:28 pm

faland wrote:
Barendse wrote:
faland wrote:But, even if a very kind guy tried to explain me how to approach the dyneq, I feel I'm losing a big part of the show. :(
Just check the post by bManic on KVR & Gearslutz on how to use this masterpiece. Works great.
Actually bmanic IS that guy!
Aha! :D

faland
User Level I
User Level I

Post by faland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:49 pm

Just tried the mono pres on electric bass guitar.
Awesome. Wait for the discount too. Then instant buy!

cg14om
User Level II
User Level II

Post by cg14om » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:28 am

So ... when is the actual release date? I can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere. I'd like to use it past the 30 trial days. :D

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:46 am

This is one sweet release. That compressor has stolen the show for me. I never really use any of AA's compressors except for SAND's, but this thing is amazing and I'll be using it a lot. I like the blue color as well and the labels are easy to read. Of all four units included, I think the comp itself looks the best (the others have seemingly random brighter areas). Thumbs up on this one :)
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

kenbobplus3db
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by kenbobplus3db » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Check out the switching on the Cobalt EQ pre-amp. If the preamp is engaged, clicking on the pre-amp switch (to turn it off) engages the total-bypass mode before switching both preamp and bypass to off (dark switch indicators).

Clicking preamp again (to engage the preamp), 1)engages the total bypass mode, and then 2) after a long delay switches in the preamp before 3) turning total-bypass off.

Does this reflect some work-around to avoid switching noise? The delays are pretty long ~ 3 seconds.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Yes but it could be reduced

greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by greekpeet » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:05 pm

How does this one compared to Gold?

Talking sound-wise and track count?

I tried Gold and fell in love, but not in love with every time I turned a knob I got massive CPU spikes and crackles (never where solved so couldn't use it, let alone buy it).

Also did they fix the noise blast bug that was in Titanium 2? That sh*t literally destroyed a driver in one of my monitors...

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:44 pm

There is a new version of the engine, raise a ticket for titanium or wait for an update. There will be an automatic way for updating things soon
Gold should be already fixed, at least we don't have reports about audio spikes. About crackles, there is a way for decreasing the mix rate, raise a ticket

Cobalt is heavier