Cobalt is out! Pre-order (20%OFF)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Max Caviar
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Cobalt is out! Pre-order (20%OFF)

Post by Max Caviar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Thanks Acustica for this one ! i like very much the comps (they are awesome) and the eq is great too, not had the time to play with the DynEq yet, but i feel there a lot of possibilities with it...
Nebula3, Nebula4, Amethyst, Navy, PS Black eq, Sand, Lime, Coral, Pearl, Gold, Cobalt,
Ebony, Purple P-1, Ivory, Lemon

DarkandKurious
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DarkandKurious » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:39 am

My wallet was hoping I didn't like Cobalt, just so it could have a rest from all the exercising... :lol: I just tell my wallet to hush, it is worth every cent.

This is the best tool I now have for softening transients. It effortlessly increases RMS, without sacrificing low end thickness or killing clarity. It is incredibly easy to dial in a sound. I also feel like I can do more compression without worrying whether I am overcooking a sound source.

I personally have loved Lime Bus for piano so far, but I can hear it stretching a bit more like a elastic band whenever too drastic a transient occurs. Cobalt preserves the played dynamics while still increasing the RMS, with none of the fussiness.

Coral and this work incredibly well together.

I'm going to try the dynamic EQ function out on a big band recording (17 musicians that were recorded live) and see if I can use it to tame spill; I have the feeling that is will be an incredible envelope shaper.
macOS Sierra, ProTools 12.8
Navy, Purple, Pink 2412/7236, Ultramarine, Coral, Lime, Pearl, Diamond, Gold, Cobalt, Ebony

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:15 am

Live Big Band and COBALT ... mmmm ...

I received another Live recording of a DixieLand band for mastering.

The 'room' was rather bright sounding. In MONO, the track sounds a bit muffled/muddy, yet in stereo sounds bright harsh :|

2 instances of COBALT [one in M/S encoding] is making the top re-shaping near effortless.

The CobaltCOMP is definitely to be auditioned for this project.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

takboo
User Level III
User Level III

Post by takboo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:46 am

It might be specific case I think. Only engaging Pre of DynEQ high reduces on my Cubase project 44k.
And sometimes only engaging EQ1.
I tried on 96k project it seems no problem.I'm on 96k for now.
:D

timdestexhe
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by timdestexhe » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:49 am

I am most in love with the comp. But I think after understanding the EQ it will be amazing (it is kinda complex if you are more of an artist instead of an engineer). But the compressor is finally a compressor that works & sounds like I want, after all those years finally my go to compressor for my sound. Impressed

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:03 pm

+1 ;)

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:20 am

dang, never had i heard a tube-unit with the same response as a solid state.. - at the same time when you compress or eq you'll never lose any transients and or squeeze your lows out, it's a
transparent musical transition between solid state/tube response that is almost unreal to me. the pre can open a new dimension to almost anything and by itself stands out as something special.

Perfect work Martegani.
Perfect catch SteDal ;)
Perfect representation AA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLP9mbCuhJc
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

faland
User Level I
User Level I

Post by faland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:44 am

Amazing clean and responsive compressor (in conjunction with Diamond they are an incredible chain on my master bus!)
The pres add nice (and not at all subtle) colors and harmonics.
The eq is very forgiving and it's a pleasure to use.

But, even if a very kind guy tried to explain me how to approach the dyneq, I feel I'm losing a big part of the show. :(

I'm essentially a musician lend to the cause of the difficult art of mixing and I can not make the most of its intended functions. If AA could make a video with an in-depth explanation of the proper use of dyneq, it would certainly be very useful to those who just like me have just scratched the surface of this extraordinary plugin. A kind of "dyneq for dummies"... :D
Is there any hope?
Nebula 3 Pro | Red | Tan | Ochre | Trinity | Orange | Pink | Sand | Titanium2 | pEArL2 | Gold | Diamond |

Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Barendse » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:11 pm

faland wrote:But, even if a very kind guy tried to explain me how to approach the dyneq, I feel I'm losing a big part of the show. :(
Just check the post by bManic on KVR & Gearslutz on how to use this masterpiece. Works great.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:34 pm

faland wrote:Amazing clean and responsive compressor (in conjunction with Diamond they are an incredible chain on my master bus!)
The pres add nice (and not at all subtle) colors and harmonics.
The eq is very forgiving and it's a pleasure to use.

But, even if a very kind guy tried to explain me how to approach the dyneq, I feel I'm losing a big part of the show. :(

I'm essentially a musician lend to the cause of the difficult art of mixing and I can not make the most of its intended functions. If AA could make a video with an in-depth explanation of the proper use of dyneq, it would certainly be very useful to those who just like me have just scratched the surface of this extraordinary plugin. A kind of "dyneq for dummies"... :D
Is there any hope?
There is one from me floating in acustica audiophiles page on Facebook, we'll make it public asap

fisto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by fisto » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:53 pm

great great Plugin-Collection here again.
Already wrapped my head around the Dyn-EQ a bit and now I'm just waiting for my small loyalty-coupon (ticket is sent) and I'm buying it :)
Apperently AA is on holidays, otherwise I would buy it NOW :D

Congratulations for the amazing work AA. Looking forward to put this thing to use in all my projects :)

faland
User Level I
User Level I

Post by faland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Barendse wrote:
faland wrote:But, even if a very kind guy tried to explain me how to approach the dyneq, I feel I'm losing a big part of the show. :(
Just check the post by bManic on KVR & Gearslutz on how to use this masterpiece. Works great.
Actually bmanic IS that guy!
Nebula 3 Pro | Red | Tan | Ochre | Trinity | Orange | Pink | Sand | Titanium2 | pEArL2 | Gold | Diamond |

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Waiting for your "dyneq for dummies" G , I'm lost too :oops:

Amazing Plugin anyway !

JulenJVM
User Level V
User Level V

Post by JulenJVM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:48 pm

I'm struggling to get the dyn eq to act as a de-esser. I'm not sure if the attack is too slow for this to work, as I have success with other dynamic eqs like Nova. I just can't get the comp to react to sybilants and sybilants only...

fisto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by fisto » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:17 pm

JulenJVM wrote:I'm struggling to get the dyn eq to act as a de-esser. I'm not sure if the attack is too slow for this to work, as I have success with other dynamic eqs like Nova. I just can't get the comp to react to sybilants and sybilants only...
try turning on Eq2 and boost around the area where the SS's are happening and cut out the lows...this should trigger the comp in this area....worth a try..more of a guess :)

A sidechain-monitor-button would be veery nice to have here.