Re: Cobalt speculations [Awesome video inside]

Post by giancarlo » Fri May 26, 2017 11:34 pm

We think 29th is confirmed eheh

JulenJVM
User Level V
User Level V

Post by JulenJVM » Sun May 28, 2017 10:49 am

This is strangely quiet for what I think is going to be an amazing piece of plugin. I can already hear the stereo movement I´m going to create with this....damn, release it now!

nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Post by nous777 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:26 am

Yes there is and odd acoustic stress i am reliving during the gold depolyment. It creates a hype i conjure.
ALbeit i consdier all emotion pain.I do get wary when the blood warm and one thinks, I want it now, and must buy it second it comes out.
If it is was a woman we were discussing id say one need pull back.
sadly it may be one of my last AA's i will get, Albeit i hope not, but i do plead for that 20% of presale as i would benefit deeply from it.
ALas the days when m pockets were endless and boundless seem to have a ornery and caustic clock gyved to them.
It woudln't be too much to ask what other tings will be put out this summer so I had an idea what if i get this id be passng off if i didnt. As, eh, lke iif the next new devise was a Cur*E Bender....or a smilar masering eq used on DSM OR even the console, id wait if i knew....anyway...
Albeit its like asking for a secret recipe.
Albeit I am excited and anticipative and oddly wobbling. (wobbles); See?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun May 28, 2017 11:40 am

yes we can provide first details about it

- it will be released tomorrow
- full price is 179 eur, on it we'll apply the usual 20% preorder discount
- they are 4 plugins: a tube equalizer, a tube compressor, a tube preamp and a "remix" plug-in.
- basically first 3 plugins are a clone of original hardware units created by Luca Xelius Martegani. You'll know about them in our very ultra detailed user manual. I think it is one of the best user manuals ever created by us. It is very rich of details.
- remix plug-in is a sort of super-plugin created "remixing" the other 3 and adding features. Who remixed it? giancarlo AND sounddrops (so the same guy who sampled pearl, amethyst, honey, who created ochre, scarlet, emerald, coral, pink sidechain filters)

Here my thoughts about the product

- the equalizer alone is possibly one of the most interesting one we have in our catalog, the high band is very unique and impressive. I think it is the best pultec-derived plugin ever created (we are not affiliated with pultec)
- the compressor alone (derived from an altec design, no endorsement and we are not affiliated with them) is one of the best ones
- the remix plugin IS the best tool we have ever created. Basically we (sounddrops and me) extended the compressor, and it IS the best tube compressor around. It's better than ANY software, and possibly better then most of hardware tube compressors around
- the dynamic eq functionality (a consequence of CoreX) is impressive. This is the first dynamic eq plugin derived from analog hardware, so the first analog modeled dynamic equalizer.
- the remix plug-in allocates a WHOLE equalizer on the sidechain path. So no more complains about the flexibility of the compressor
- the remix plug-in features an equalizer with mids attenuation!! this detail makes the eq alone WAY more flexible then all pultec-based equalizers (no affiliation with pultec)
- sounddrops created a PWM compressor named mantis, and it is alone the BEST compressor we have. You have its ratio setting in remix plugin

A reminder: join my personal instagram page, "giancarloacustica". If you check daily "stories" you could be updated on a lot of things! Stories are cancelled after 24 hours, and we posted a lot of audio, thoughts, pictures, videos...

Nesto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by Nesto » Sun May 28, 2017 1:46 pm

giancarlo wrote:yes we can provide first details about it

- it will be released tomorrow
- full price is 179 eur, on it we'll apply the usual 20% preorder discount
- they are 4 plugins: a tube equalizer, a tube compressor, a tube preamp and a "remix" plug-in.
- basically first 3 plugins are a clone of original hardware units created by Luca Xelius Martegani. You'll know about them in our very ultra detailed user manual. I think it is one of the best user manuals ever created by us. It is very rich of details.
- remix plug-in is a sort of super-plugin created "remixing" the other 3 and adding features. Who remixed it? giancarlo AND sounddrops (so the same guy who sampled pearl, amethyst, honey, who created ochre, scarlet, emerald, coral, pink sidechain filters)

Here my thoughts about the product

- the equalizer alone is possibly one of the most interesting one we have in our catalog, the high band is very unique and impressive. I think it is the best pultec-derived plugin ever created (we are not affiliated with pultec)
- the compressor alone (derived from an altec design, no endorsement and we are not affiliated with them) is one of the best ones
- the remix plugin IS the best tool we have ever created. Basically we (sounddrops and me) extended the compressor, and it IS the best tube compressor around. It's better than ANY software, and possibly better then most of hardware tube compressors around
- the dynamic eq functionality (a consequence of CoreX) is impressive. This is the first dynamic eq plugin derived from analog hardware, so the first analog modeled dynamic equalizer.
- the remix plug-in allocates a WHOLE equalizer on the sidechain path. So no more complains about the flexibility of the compressor
- the remix plug-in features an equalizer with mids attenuation!! this detail makes the eq alone WAY more flexible then all pultec-based equalizers (no affiliation with pultec)
- sounddrops created a PWM compressor named mantis, and it is alone the BEST compressor we have. You have its ratio setting in remix plugin

A reminder: join my personal instagram page, "giancarloacustica". If you check daily "stories" you could be updated on a lot of things! Stories are cancelled after 24 hours, and we posted a lot of audio, thoughts, pictures, videos...
Honest question, why do you feel the remix compressor is the best around? Usually when you make such statements in the past you are correct so Im sincerely curious. There are so many tube compressor flavors from the LA2* to the Atomic Sque***box.

Nesto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by Nesto » Sun May 28, 2017 1:53 pm

If somehow Mantis is better than Coral which is the claim... :o

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Sun May 28, 2017 2:22 pm

"Better" is a questionable word. Yesterday I found out that PrimeComp2 was better than anything else on the master I worked on.

We need more tools exactly for that. The only thing objectively "better" is to have as many of them one can afford.

I find many times PinkCM to be better than other, more feature packed plugins. I never found a use for the Pink comps, although they were the "best" at that time, according to AA.

"... Better than ANY software, and possibly better then most of hardware tube compressors around". Well, there's still nothing in current AA catalogue that can sound like a tube comp when pushed into distortion. I had the Phoenix and enjoy the Violet, but while a very nice thing to have, it is miles away from the sound one can get from that box; there's still a long way to go.

In his enthusiasm Giancarlo is presenting his newest releases in a very "Apple-ish" manner. It is good for marketing, though :P

I know I'll buy this thing, but I believe it is healthy to have a balanced attitude towards these tools and what is the real meaning of "better" in engineering music.
Last edited by tumburu on Sun May 28, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun May 28, 2017 2:29 pm

We have several parameters for determining the universal meaning of better, checked on thousands of customers. Basically we understand today what people are looking for when they are in research of a particular equipment.
In the tube compressor realm, the main quality is the preservation of low frequencies, reduction of pumping even without sidechain filters, smoothness, transient deedging.

Said that I expressed "better" as personal though (but I think I'm not far from the customer response)

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Sun May 28, 2017 2:32 pm

All cool, I'm sure I will like it too.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon May 29, 2017 2:16 am

giancarlo wrote: ...
Said that I expressed "better" as personal though (but I think I'm not far from the customer response)
<G> is not only Owner ... He is also a Customer ;)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Post by nous777 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:30 am

I'm curious of the compressor, I read up a bit on things and, its not a 436 comp variation with PWM to moderate energy related to gain control, due to artifacts and the like.
An odd and perhaps utterly ignorant question, but, eh, I had a brain storm and am curious.
Nevertheless thank you for all the information on Cobalt.
Be well all.

fastersound
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by fastersound » Mon May 29, 2017 6:38 am

nous777 wrote:iif the next new devise was a Cur*E Bender....or a smilar masering eq used on DSM OR even the console, id wait if i knew....
Have you checked out Prime Studio plugins (made in collaboration with Acustica Audio) ? Their Sparkle Bundle is the E*I TG12345:
https://primestudio.at/magento2/index.p ... m_store=de

Or you can get comp/eq/etc separate.. here is just the Curve Bender eq:

I wish I could afford the bundle!

Cheers

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:20 am

They seem to be great plugins using AA teck . Freeware "Charly" is a great amp already but they are quiet expensive indeed and i unfortunatly can't afford them ATM :roll:

PS : Just drop "Charly" as a 1rst instance on your Master buss , turn the one knob to +2.5 db ; it really shines !

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 am

fastersound wrote: Have you checked out Prime Studio plugins (made in collaboration with Acustica Audio) ? Their Sparkle Bundle is the E*I TG12345:

Or you can get comp/eq/etc separate.. here is just the Curve Bender eq:

I wish I could afford the bundle!

Cheers
I have that and it's not sampled from the C Bender, but from a vintage, much simpler, unit (from the original E*I console they have at the Prime Studios).

The Bender is a beast. I have the UAD version and would love an AA replica.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 pm

few hours...