GOLD Analog Dreamware Anthology - TBR 18-19th april

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Catalin.B
User Level II
User Level II

Re: GOLD Analog Dreamware Anthology - TBR 18-19th april

Post by Catalin.B » Sat May 06, 2017 9:10 am

Hi guys,

I have a question. What is the correct order of plugins to simulate that a bass track for example was recorded trough a 8066 eq and a 8254 compressor?
I'm thinking at:
8066mix pre - 8066eq - 8066buss pre - 8254compressor
Is this right?
Thanks!

DarkandKurious
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DarkandKurious » Sat May 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Catalin.B wrote:Hi guys,

I have a question. What is the correct order of plugins to simulate that a bass track for example was recorded trough a 8066 eq and a 8254 compressor?
I'm thinking at:
8066mix pre - 8066eq - 8066buss pre - 8254compressor
Is this right?
Thanks!
I might have misunderstood the manual, but this is how I understand at what point every pre is sampled:

8066 MIX is a mono pre sampled from line in through to one side of the stereo out, with no compressor in line.

8066 BUS is sampled from line in through to stereo out, with the 8254 in line. So it includes line amp, channel out, compressor makeup amp, stereo bus amp.

8252/4 line make up amp of the respective compressors (which for the 8254 is the 1272 line amp used almost everywhere in the console.

If you used the gold strip with the 8066 EQ then the 8254 comp and the 8066 Mix pre, you would have the EQ before the effect of the line in pre, and there would be no pre modelling the compressor makeup gain.

If you used the strip with the 8066 EQ then the 8254 comp and 8066 Bus pre, the only discrepancy would be that the EQ happens before the line pre.

The way I would do it would be using the 8254 Pre (as it is a 1272, closest to the line amp) then use the gold strip (8066 EQ>88254 Comp>8066 Bus pre). You could substitute the 8252 Pre at the start of the chain and for the comp in the strip for a thicker tone quite easily to A/B.

Having said that, I would personally use whatever gets you the tone you are enjoying.
macOS Sierra, ProTools 12.8
Navy, Purple, Pink 2412/7236, Ultramarine, Coral, Lime, Pearl, Diamond, Gold, Cobalt, Ebony

wordclock
User Level I
User Level I

Post by wordclock » Sun May 07, 2017 11:40 am

In gearlsutz, I think Gold thread, it was stated that the technical adequate way to place modules is this: EQ then Pre or Comp and then Pre. But there are no rules, you have to listen and then decide which way to place things is the better one. In for example Gold full strip the hard wiring equates to that order.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed May 10, 2017 9:23 am

- Gold (commercial) for Windows, AAX and VST plug-in formats, was updated and is available for download from user download section. No additional authorization need it if you already have one.

- Gold (commercial) for OSX, AAX and VST/AU plug-in formats, will be available very soon.

A new version of Gold (trial) for OSX and Windows is under production and will be available soon as possible.

NOTE: Pre-order will end very soon.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Wed May 10, 2017 10:51 am

Support wrote:- Gold (commercial) for Windows, AAX and VST plug-in formats, was updated and is available for download from user download section. No additional authorization need it if you already have one.

- Gold (commercial) for OSX, AAX and VST/AU plug-in formats, will be available very soon.

A new version of Gold (trial) for OSX and Windows is under production and will be available soon as possible.

Great, will grab the OSX version as soon as it's uploaded.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Support wrote:- Gold (commercial) for Windows, AAX and VST plug-in formats, was updated and is available for download from user download section. No additional authorization need it if you already have one.

Thanks Enrique, is there any change log? Is it about the latest bug fixes and the new core10?

Caliente
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Caliente » Wed May 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi, which exact date does pre-order end?

wordclock
User Level I
User Level I

Post by wordclock » Wed May 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Please can someone tell me how long the presale does endure?

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Wed May 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Yes please let us know when preorder ends!

Some questions about preorder:
Doesn't it end a month after a release?
Does it change from product to product?
Any chance of a proper reminder here on the forum from now on, for every product released?

Grim

Post by Grim » Wed May 10, 2017 1:56 pm

It has been said on GS it will end "very soon". If you want to be sure of the discounted price I would not delay any further.

ryancost
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by ryancost » Wed May 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Wow the new release seems much more stable here, Win7 64bit. I was getting crackling when turning knobs, now its just amazing Gold sound

Caliente
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Caliente » Wed May 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Grim wrote:It has been said on GS it will end "very soon". If you want to be sure of the discounted price I would not delay any further.
"Very soon" is just so very vague.
I don't think it's too much to ask for a definitive date on this.

Francesco.Tedeschi
Expert
Expert

Post by Francesco.Tedeschi » Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Gold: updates of ALL plugins available, both Win&OSX !
Francesco Tedeschi

JulenJVM
User Level V
User Level V

Post by JulenJVM » Wed May 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Caliente wrote:
Grim wrote:It has been said on GS it will end "very soon". If you want to be sure of the discounted price I would not delay any further.
"Very soon" is just so very vague.
I don't think it's too much to ask for a definitive date on this.
It´s normally 1 month since release date, and it was released on 19th April (I think)? I wouldn´t wait too much if I were you, I´ve had that facepalm moment before and it´s not nice :D

Caliente
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Caliente » Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 pm

giancarlo wrote:Pre was fixed... Tell me if you are running the latest version

Hey G. Can you confirm which date the pre-sale ends for Gold, please?

Thanks.