User Level V
User Level V

Re: GOLD Analog Dreamware Anthology - TBR 18-19th april

Post by jammer2nd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:05 am

REALHOMERECORDING just rattled the bees nest...with a grenade
(potentially ear damaging / speaker blowing gold/ acustica plugings) :shock:
https://youtu.be/PUaOnklFbek
PINK BUNDLE, HONEY, NAVY, SAND+Fab4, pEArL2, Diamond
Win 10 / Reaper i7 479x, 8GB sdd (apps), 2 x ide (data)

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Jdm5149 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:39 am

when i engaged the compressor i git a large spike in audio last night something to definitely watch out for but the sound is great

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:55 am

Please install ice9 @ http://www.cerberusaudio.com/Software/Products/Ice9/ until AA solve this nasty burst noise.

G, this noise burst is on Coral, Sand, Violet, Lime and Pearl2 as well from reading users post. Hope they have reported the issue to support.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

JulenJVM
User Level V
User Level V

Post by JulenJVM » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 am

There´s an issue on the website today, I can´t access my Cart no matter how many times I click on it.

I need to purchase Gold today, as my coupon expires, but I can´t pay as the link to the cart does nothing.

Could AA pls have a look into this, it is somehow urgent.

Thx in advance.

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 am

davidgary73 wrote:Please install ice9 @ http://www.cerberusaudio.com/Software/Products/Ice9/ until AA solve this nasty burst noise.

G, this noise burst is on Coral, Sand, Violet, Lime and Pearl2 as well from reading users post. Hope they have reported the issue to support.
Also have had them with N4 Violet.
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 am

ok we placed a disclaimer and we are alphatesting a solution
We'll check asap if it is enough or not

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 am

giancarlo wrote:ok we placed a disclaimer and we are alphatesting a solution
We'll check asap if it is enough or not
Please check Coral, Sand, Violet, Lime, Pink Comp, Titanium 2, Coral Comp, Murano (and Aquamarine)and Pearl2. They all have the loud burst noise.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

djrustycans
User Level III
User Level III

Post by djrustycans » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:07 am

True - regarding the noise. I've been using Gold (Trial), Sand, Coral, N4, Lime & Tan in Logic Pro X and after some near deafening experiences, I've had to grow accustomed to muting my monitor output when first pressing 'play' after instantiating one of those plugins. Ice 9 is a decent solution but also Reaper (which I'm trying out) has solved the issue. This isn't to say something shouldn't be done to fix the noise!

I have to say, regarding AA compressors - however accurate they are/not in comparison to the hardware, they make algorithmic compressors sound like toys. The way they control the low end is like nothing else. I find you can let tracks breathe whilst still reigning in the dynamic range. Absolutely fascinating. I've found them less smooth than algorithmic compressors in some cases but perhaps that smoothness isn't a true representation of how the hardware would react. When I first started using the AA comps it was a revelation - 'that's the weighty grab I've been hearing on records which I couldn't achieve!'

realhomerecording
User Level III
User Level III

Post by realhomerecording » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:50 am

jammer2nd wrote:REALHOMERECORDING just rattled the bees nest...with a grenade
I could not sit idly by after recommending/reviewing many Acustica plugins over the years. Saving people's speakers and ears is very important. Moreso than gushing about how great Nebula based plugins sound.

This is a serious issue and I am happy to see that it has officially been acknowledged and is being addressed.

lubomba

Post by lubomba » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:45 pm

did the personal discounts expire today? It says they expire april 26, so I assume they should work till midnight today right?

jammer2nd
User Level V
User Level V

Post by jammer2nd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 pm

realhomerecording wrote:
I could not sit idly by after recommending/reviewing many Acustica plugins over the years. Saving people's speakers and ears is very important. Moreso than gushing about how great Nebula based plugins sound.

This is a serious issue and I am happy to see that it has officially been acknowledged and is being addressed.
Did you make a new account... I thought you were here already under another name?

It's a problem definitely, see my earlier posts in this thread, I was baffled by my bass channel (I think) being automated in reaper, I had no idea what was going on till I read reaper help

This bad press aa is currently having will, I hope, cause aa to usher in a new era of quality control and consistency

On a lighter note this is one of the most well lit videos I've seen you make, will we be seeing more from
The car??
PINK BUNDLE, HONEY, NAVY, SAND+Fab4, pEArL2, Diamond
Win 10 / Reaper i7 479x, 8GB sdd (apps), 2 x ide (data)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:39 pm

realhomerecording wrote:

yes today we solved the issue, we'll be in betatesting this evening.

It was a crash.

Anyway during these years I had so many crashes with also other products and the result is the same: there is a loud pop in the speakers. Don't be fooled because you read +200000dB, the result is always the same, it is a 0dB on your converters (+4dBu in the worst case). The sound you hear is because the converters are clipping, it's not your loudspeakers. If you didn't had any crash with a noise you was extremely lucky, almost all software crashes with a noise because your audio drivers go crazy.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:45 pm

jammer2nd wrote:
realhomerecording wrote:

Did you make a new account... I thought you were here already under another name?

It's a problem definitely, see my earlier posts in this thread, I was baffled by my bass channel (I think) being automated in reaper, I had no idea what was going on till I read reaper help

This bad press aa is currently having will, I hope, cause aa to usher in a new era of quality control and consistency

On a lighter note this is one of the most well lit videos I've seen you make, will we be seeing more from
The car??
you are plain wrong if you think it is a matter of quality control. There is no quality control in the world able to prevent a crash. All software in the world could crash. Yes there is a myth about the fact that software should never crash, but it is a myth. Even applications used for aerospace crash, and they loose billions. They crash after millions of hours of "quality control", there are rockets simply exploding before reaching several miles and they were "quality checked" by nasa. Software crashes, and bad crashes could led to problems.

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:56 pm

G, as a promise to myself I just bought Diamond ColorEQ and Gold, but I cannot download for some reason! Prior to this, I had lots of issues accessing my cart through the site, but could've been a Chrome browser error. I posted an image to show this current issue with BOX.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.52.01 AM.png
Safari has this message and Chrome just looks like it's loading. No actual files. Help, please.
Last edited by antago1 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:58 pm

send an email to [email protected], they will help you quite immediatly - meanwhile I told enrique, maybe he is already checking it