Diamond Color EQ coming soon!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
fabio.migliorati

Diamond Color EQ coming soon!

Post by fabio.migliorati » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Acustica is proud to announce the next product/endorsement: DIAMOND - COLOR EQ
http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=328
Diamond_teaser_004_small.png
"Diamond - Color Eq” is the first plug-in of a new series called Diamond, the result of a collaboration between Acustica and Studio DMI (https://studiodmi.com/).
A new high performance Equalizer, it is intended for professional audio use in recording, mixing and mastering applications to put the perfect choice of color in your studio and provide the most accurate digital representation of Studio DMI signature sound.
A new Italian project merging the passion and love for the art of Acustica and Luca Pretolesi’s homeland with the soul of Las Vegas. Art and technique merge together culminating in a plug-in providing the most accurate digital representation of Studio DMI signature sound.

Diamond_teaser_001_SMALL.png
DIAMOND - Color Eq is the first plug-in of a new series called Diamond, designed to embellish and enhance your sound!

MORE DETAILS SOON..

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Re: DIAMOND-COLOR EQ coming soon!

Post by markgalup » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Very exciting! Just one correction: you said "soul" of Las Vegas - I think you must have meant something else as those words probably don't belong in the same sentence...

Just kidding :D Can't wait to meet Diamond!!!
Last edited by markgalup on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Looks very sexy!
Keep it simple, be happy.

Samplitude / Logic Pro X / RME / Italian Handcrafted Loudspeakers

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:37 pm

what makes it special:

1) it is not derived from a single hardware but different ones. You will not find it as commercial product, ever
2) it is a "real" artist endorsement. This is not a fake one. This product and this exact software was ALREADY used and it is actually used in luca pretolesi's productions (many, because he has been testing the product in production, replacing the previous mastering chain)
3) the artist is pretty relevant, just check Major Lazer: they have 2 BILLIONS of views on youtube. This is "his" signature sound, and a pretty secret sauce. We'll never tell about individual building blocks
4) the product sounds unbeliavably and it is REALLY simple and straightforward: it is light, harmonic distortion - for the first time in acqua plugins - is linked to eq settings. This software is "magic". If you disable the preamp you have a real "flat" curve, suitable for using it on every possible track with very minimal settings, almost as invisible tool.If you enable you have harmonic distortion and the origininal preamp curve, used as starting point for all projects

Note: the bottom drum processed by this baby turns out "perfect".

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:06 pm

those bottom knobs look familiar to me ...

and those frequency choices ... though they are a bit different.

:)
Last edited by bryan7nebula on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:08 pm

and the lamp style.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:48 am

bryan7nebula wrote:those bottom knobs look familiar to me ...

and those frequency choices ... though they are a bit different.

:)
This was mentioned in the 2017 thread, but there are a lot of similarities in freqs with the Ch*rter O*k PEQ-1... That HMF without a frequency is a little peculiar though - I'm guessing it's 5k ;)

I'm excited to see the rest of the Diamond family...
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:16 am

Yes it is something present in his studio but
-i'm not sure it is its original state/form
-it is not alone in the chain eventually
- there are several custom fixes achieved previously in other ways, since than specific unit is not flat at all in the spectrum range; diamond eq can be incredibly linear if you need it, so we even extended his workflow
- Yes I sampled it personally in las vegas
- The software replacement was already used in 10-15 msdters and the number is growing quickly. Since it is slightly better Luca is even redoing masters replacing the previous chain with diamond. To my knowledge this is the first time it truly happens with a software and an artist with a so relevant impact on the whole music production (there are already countless attempts if emulating his style)

So the result is distant. If you buy that unit you would get something radically different. I'm surprised an artist so important with a secret souce so relevant is sharing with other people his workflow. I even asked if he was sure about doing it

About your question, in our assessments it is not 50k but 30k
Anyway it was nice keeping the name since Luca is calling it "50k"

My opinion about artist endorsements: I don't believe other artists are providing a substitute of their beloved chain an they truly USE it as real replacement, forever, unconditionally, and they provide the exact REAL tool they are using. This is what makes the product so special. If you have evidence I'm wrong just show it to me

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:34 am

I know I guessed right when I guessed Diamond on some other thread. It's because I'm an Acustica junkie. I just can't get enough and so now I want it so bad, the next Acqua, whatever it is, that I can PREDICT it!

:mrgreen:

I can't wait for Diamond or the Pearl update or Azure for that matter!

:mrgreen:
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:46 am

You ca see Diamond on Luca's screen :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFz5Q1J ... u.be&t=53s
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:22 am

we are alphatesting and betatesting the first release of the product togheter with pro-users which is pretty a new thing at this development stage (we'll tell you more about them soon).

Feedbacks we are receiving are epic:
"this is colorful and at the same time very accurate. You remove it from the master bus and the mix is suddenly broken".
Diamond will be remarkable!

silain
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by silain » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:33 pm

I am going with Pearl in the Master since day 1. I am not able to imagine "Diamond" can change this. No other eq plugin is coming close to pearl, but I like to be surprised concerning diamond. :)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Pearl 2 is possibly the best "generic" tool possibile.
Still diamond can fix magically a mix in a way no other tool can in a so effortless way.
You will see it, those two different tools don't overlap...
You need both.
Luca (Pretolesi) uses diamond in conjunction with pearl and coral.
Still diamond is his magic weapon and the first choice.

silain
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by silain » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Nice! Visa Card is ready! hopphopp :D

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:46 pm

I hope that the price will be around the Blue and the Amber eq, not more for this kind of equalizer :roll: