Coral - mastering channel strip

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Berty Bill
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Coral - mastering channel strip

Post by Berty Bill » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:14 am

I installed/authorized Coral VST 64 bit version trial, but didn't see any presets for all modules? No presets by default there or some glitch on my system? Mac 10.11, Cubase 8.5.20

Thanks!

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Frogy, how can a compressor that takes your music to a new level not be worth it? It's ok not to like the eq (I think you're in the minority so do reconsider...) but even if it's bad just get the f****** compressor dude! AA have said they won't sell separates on this one.

Frogy
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Frogy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:04 pm

garyk_123 wrote:Frogy, how can a compressor that takes your music to a new level not be worth it? It's ok not to like the eq (I think you're in the minority so do reconsider...) but even if it's bad just get the f****** compressor dude! AA have said they won't sell separates on this one.
Yes, you do have a point!!

To be honest I've done a whole new mastering project today with FF Pro-Q2 and Coral EQ and it's just starting to make sense to me now how this EQ fit's into the chain as a good broad brush and polish tool. Guess I'm gonna have to cave in then. F**K.

onebaldbloke
User Level II
User Level II

Post by onebaldbloke » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:28 am

I'm digging my brief experience with Coral.

The comnpressor has a "glue" aspect which sounds expensive. And I really like the broad Q sound of the EQ.

So far, the only thing I don't like is the "air" function. It does add "air", but it also subtracts the substance, IMO. Has anyone used it as a parallel effect? I might try that later.

I bought this, but I didn't buy Sand, which is possibly not so surprising as I don't like the console on which it's based.

Thanks for Coral!

Cheers,
Bob.
Samplitude ProX (latest), RME UFX, Win 10 Pro, 12 core Intel i7, 24 G RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:27 am

onebaldbloke wrote:I'm digging my brief experience with Coral.

The comnpressor has a "glue" aspect which sounds expensive. And I really like the broad Q sound of the EQ.

So far, the only thing I don't like is the "air" function. It does add "air", but it also subtracts the substance, IMO. Has anyone used it as a parallel effect? I might try that later.

I bought this, but I didn't buy Sand, which is possibly not so surprising as I don't like the console on which it's based.

Thanks for Coral!

Cheers,
Bob.
The frequency response on the air preamp looks like a big smile. It's not subtle at all. It scoops out the mids in a big smile curve.
Air_Preamp.JPG
Last edited by nverxion on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:49 am

Frogy wrote:
garyk_123 wrote:Frogy, how can a compressor that takes your music to a new level not be worth it? It's ok not to like the eq (I think you're in the minority so do reconsider...) but even if it's bad just get the f****** compressor dude! AA have said they won't sell separates on this one.
Yes, you do have a point!!

To be honest I've done a whole new mastering project today with FF Pro-Q2 and Coral EQ and it's just starting to make sense to me now how this EQ fit's into the chain as a good broad brush and polish tool. Guess I'm gonna have to cave in then. F**K.
Glad to hear it! I found Coral (reef) and pro q2 to be pretty powerful as well. I'm hitting a rough patch myself so will miss the presale and only buy in Jan 17. Hope you can take advantage of the presale!

DelaHostia
User Level III
User Level III

Post by DelaHostia » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi, guys!! Well, I think Giancarlo wants my wife to kick me out.
Hehee...

here is my question:

How can I achieve a discount for loyal customer?

I bought Nebula 3 PRO, Pink bundle, SAND, and also, a couple of days ago, I bought the update to Nebula 3 Server...

How much more do I have to pay to pay less? Hahaaa...

Cheers from Argentina!!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:05 pm

contact support, they will check your situation

Berty Bill
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Berty Bill » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Yes, I contacted already support,and receivd automatic answer, that due bug amount of request, I will receive my answer after 10 days :)

Sorry guys, but it is really super simple question - is presets in Coral by default included on plugin or no? Just would like toget one small "Yes" or "No"... Thanks!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:16 am

today/actual release: no.
For final release: yes

walsoo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by walsoo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Can you prolonge the Coral trial license?

I've started using Coral units in some jobs and now it says "please authorize this product".

wordclock
User Level I
User Level I

Post by wordclock » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm

I didn't demo Coral yet, cause I have the same problem with my wife at home like many of you guys seem to have in this forum. No girls here mixing / mastering? How do you handle this?
Giancarlo, I have one question. Is the tape pre the hole tape system with tape compression, or only preamp of a ... you can't say what tape machine?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:00 pm

It's a pre.
We are developing really awesome tech these days, ;)

Dimzo

Post by Dimzo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:44 am

i haven't bought coral yet as i'm moving to a new place and i'm pretty sure i will miss the presale this time but i will get it later...
i just can't get it out of my head how good the comp sounded.. really really good...
damn, and you have even more
giancarlo wrote:... really awesome tech ...
coming..

looking forward to it

walsoo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by walsoo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Can you prolonge the Coral trial license?

I've started using Coral units in some jobs and now it says "please authorize this product".