Coral - mastering channel strip

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
RainbowSix
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Coral - mastering channel strip

Post by RainbowSix » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi,

Is there any chance you will be able to minimise the delay effect of the EQ, particularly on the low shelf? I make electronic music and I hear the effect clearly on kick drums with low end sub frequencies. I know this has been discussed before regarding EQs such as Green and I also experienced it in the Purple EQs.

Because of this I have to declare that the EQ is not up to scratch for mastering Electronic music such as drum and bass where there are hard transients with lots of sub energy.

The other elements are excellent!

Cheers

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:50 pm

It was already reduced and tuned, I'll ask to reduce it further

Martinez

Post by Martinez » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:16 am

Hey giancarlo, I have a question.

Why is Coral so much more efficient CPU wise, than the others?
Is it the new tech, and could the other Aquas be made as light?

Cheers.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:20 am

We are keeping improving ;)
But beware, coral main WILL be heavy on cpu
We posted benchmarks

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:17 am

Giancarlo, this is going to be a more or less open letter of sorts, because I know a lot of people who feel the same as me on a few of these points.

Apparently I buy too many of your plugins... at least I do so too often at a discount. Personally I think the coupon system is a bit screwy, but that's just me. I certainly don't recall ever being told that there is a limit to the number of discounts I can receive before getting disqualified from receiving coupons. I certainly would have restructured my spending if I had known this was going to be an issue.

On the other hand, it certainly doesn't make me feel like a valued customer to be told to re-read what has already been told to me "slowly" and carefully, especially when the reply in question is not written in clear English. Upon reading the reply again "slowly" and carefully, I have determined the same thing as before: It's written in broken and unclear terms. No amount of "slow" reading is going to fix incorrect use of words and poor grammar.

What it's actually trying to say is that I no longer qualify for coupons because I have purchased too many of your plugins at a discount in the past. It would have been nice to simply have someone explain this caveat last week when the ticket was first submitted instead of having to de-code broken English.

Again I'm going to speak of broken things like the fact that I could actually purchase too much and therefore disqualify myself from further discounts. I purchase your plugins without testing them. I never install the trials. I do this because I have faith in the products and I jump on board early. Yeah, I get the discounted prices. But in-so-doing I have managed to nullify "customer loyalty" coupons. Kind of rubs me the wrong way. Not a good thing.

I support your company blindly in a way because I love what you're doing and I want more of it. This is what I believe a loyal customer does.

I do not, however, think that communication is one of your company's strengths.

Furthermore, it should be plainly and CLEARLY written up front somewhere exactly how and when a customer will no longer be eligible to receive coupons. As it is now, we are mostly left wondering how the system works, and to be honest, it's very confusing.

Unfortunately the whole experience revolving around the most recent sales ticket has left quite a sour impression on me. My correspondence with you over the past couple of pages of this thread has left me feeling the opposite. You have been telling me that they'll help me out, but I don't know how I've been helped in this scenario. The tone in the last reply on the ticket was basically that of "we already told you that you don't qualify. Read it again "slowly" this time and make sure you get it."

FYI that is not good customer service. the difference between good and bad is all in the way things are worded, and like I've said there seems to be a slight problem with that.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:37 am

I just bought Coral and when I go to download the .AUT file I get this:
Screen shot 2016-11-01 at 7.17.34 PM.png
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:48 am

Did you get the email with the .AUT file attached to it ?
Just unzip and load that.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:15 am

nverxion wrote:Giancarlo, this is going to be a more or less open letter of sorts, because I know a lot of people who feel the same as me on a few of these points.

Apparently I buy too many of your plugins... at least I do so too often at a discount. Personally I think the coupon system is a bit screwy, but that's just me. I certainly don't recall ever being told that there is a limit to the number of discounts I can receive before getting disqualified from receiving coupons. I certainly would have restructured my spending if I had known this was going to be an issue.

On the other hand, it certainly doesn't make me feel like a valued customer to be told to re-read what has already been told to me "slowly" and carefully, especially when the reply in question is not written in clear English. Upon reading the reply again "slowly" and carefully, I have determined the same thing as before: It's written in broken and unclear terms. No amount of "slow" reading is going to fix incorrect use of words and poor grammar.

What it's actually trying to say is that I no longer qualify for coupons because I have purchased too many of your plugins at a discount in the past. It would have been nice to simply have someone explain this caveat last week when the ticket was first submitted instead of having to de-code broken English.

Again I'm going to speak of broken things like the fact that I could actually purchase too much and therefore disqualify myself from further discounts. I purchase your plugins without testing them. I never install the trials. I do this because I have faith in the products and I jump on board early. Yeah, I get the discounted prices. But in-so-doing I have managed to nullify "customer loyalty" coupons. Kind of rubs me the wrong way. Not a good thing.

I support your company blindly in a way because I love what you're doing and I want more of it. This is what I believe a loyal customer does.

Furthermore, it should be plainly and CLEARLY written up front somewhere exactly how and when a customer will no longer be eligible to receive coupons. As it is now, we are mostly left wondering how the system works, and to be honest, it's very confusing.

Unfortunately the whole experience revolving around the most recent sales ticket has left quite a sour impression on me. My correspondence with you over the past couple of pages of this thread has left me feeling the opposite. You have been telling me that they'll help me out, but I don't know how I've been helped in this scenario. The tone in the last reply on the ticket was basically that of "we already told you that you don't qualify. Read it again "slowly" this time and make sure you get it."

FYI that is not good customer service. the difference between good and bad is all in the way things are worded, and like I've said there seems to be a slight problem with that.
Ok send an email to [email protected]
Try to explain to him what happened (shortly) because Fabio cannot access the ticket system
We normally have a fence on the ratio between bought and discounted. Normally they are helpful, in this period they are really overwhelmed by requests. I'll speak about it with Enrique today, i think there was a misunderstanding.

etreason
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by etreason » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:43 am

nverxion wrote:Giancarlo, this is going to be a more or less open letter of sorts, because I know a lot of people who feel the same as me on a few of these points.

Agree! I appreciated AA offer the discount to their loyal clients, however the discount scheme system confused me as well. It is great to show us how to calculate the discount so that it will reduce the work load of AA to reply every client on by one via email or ticket system.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:47 am

We'll upload the table we used this time
In the past I shared the old table because someone was not receiving discounts
This table is not "fixed", and we don't apply it for every possible product or time period.
For example in this specific case we applied a bigger discount to presale.
We still need to decide what to do on black Friday for example.
But for example we'll not push sand or coral, as promised.
We are not the company who prices something 300 and you get 89% off each month or during promotions. The real deal is during presale (or just after an important update). Or after a lot of months (really a lot)

Martinez

Post by Martinez » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:13 am

giancarlo wrote:We are keeping improving ;)
But beware, coral main WILL be heavy on cpu
We posted benchmarks
By Coral main, do you mean the channel strip, or do you mean the release version of Coral will be heavy?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:21 am

It is referring to the FULL Channel STRIP [to be released].
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:17 am

giancarlo wrote:i think there was a misunderstanding.
Yes and I'll be the first to admit that it may be mine, but I can assure you that it is simply because I do not understand how you guys are coming up with the coupons and other discounts. It does not help that customer service hasn't quite got a grasp on proper English. I can figure out what is being said most of the time, but misunderstandings here are often a result of a slight language barrier more than anything.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 am

TBH, despite logging a ticket and getting a reply from support, I don't have a detailed understanding of how the coupon system works at all.

All I know is this: I will not get another coupon until I spend more money (I don't know what the $$ threshold is I must cross)

That's cool, I'm not complaining. :)

I've decided that if get another coupon one day that will be nice, if I don't get one for ages well, such is life.

wordclock
User Level I
User Level I

Post by wordclock » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 am

Hello, I am in the purchase range of 750-1000 euro. 2 month ago I got a personal discount of 18%. One week ago I got a personal discount of only 10%. For what reason now only 10%?