Coral

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: Coral

Post by RJHollins » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:24 am

Coral EQ is based on the Bandaxdal design, with an ingenious expansion of available mid frequency selection, along with special HP/LP Filters.

Very different from the Scarlett design both in function and sound.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:33 am

bictor wrote:Please more info about the pre section, specially tape and air buttoms...

Thanks
Green = Tape.
Blue = Air.
CoralPRE.JPG
About 0.22 dB difference from Left to Right in Stereo version.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:56 am

and the 'red' line ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:52 pm

RJHollins wrote:and the 'red' line ?
Should be Coral:)
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

bictor
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by bictor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:03 pm

RJHollins wrote:Coral EQ is based on the Bandaxdal design, with an ingenious expansion of available mid frequency selection, along with special HP/LP Filters.

Very different from the Scarlett design both in function and sound.
Whats the meaning of "Bandaxdal"? I have searched but i haven't found nothing...

Could you give me some examples of similar eq´s in HW like this one?

Thanks in advance
Support wrote:
bictor wrote:Please more info about the pre section, specially tape and air buttoms...

Thanks

Green = Tape.
Blue = Air.
CoralPRE.JPG
About 0.22 dB difference from Left to Right in Stereo version.
Many thanks
Sand, Honey, Navy, Pink, Purple, PS Mix, PS Curve, PS Comp II, Cobalt, Emerald, White, Scarlet, Caribou, Pink Compressors, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:09 pm

bictor wrote:Whats the meaning of "Bandaxdal"? I have searched but i haven't found nothing...
He spelled it wrong. Try looking up Baxandall Filter.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:15 pm

SteDal wrote::D :D :D

But the name should be "Corallum Aureum"!
;)
Nice.

I sure do wish we could mod the skins. I'd show that thing off to everyone who came into my studio, even if I weren't doing anything with it.

Then they'd be like, "what does that sound like?"
And I'd be like, "listen..."

I could be in my own spy film called "The Man with the Golden GUI".
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

bictor
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by bictor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:25 pm

nverxion wrote:
bictor wrote:Whats the meaning of "Bandaxdal"? I have searched but i haven't found nothing...
Thanks ;)
Sand, Honey, Navy, Pink, Purple, PS Mix, PS Curve, PS Comp II, Cobalt, Emerald, White, Scarlet, Caribou, Pink Compressors, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt

mmarra
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by mmarra » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Didn't realize it was a baxandall eq design. With this it will be a very nice compliment to the scarlet.
bictor wrote:
mmarra wrote:Looks amazing and by what is described as well as the AA product reputation I'm sure this is going to be great for mastering engineers like myself. This could replace my use of the Scarlet, which I love.

The only comment I have is +/- 12 db of gain range within the EQ is too much for mastering. Is there any way to reduce that as in mastering I find we use 0.5 to 2 db EQ most of the time and anything more than that is pretty rare?

Why would you replace Scarlet with Coral eq? Im interest as im also Scarlet owner.

Any info anyone about wich eq is based/inspired this Coral eq?

Cheees

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Yes there is almost no competition in this area
I was quite surprised (i've found something from mcdsp, and several very sparse plugins with limited frequencies)
Go figure a fir design.

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:37 pm

I do have UAD BAX-EQ by brainworx but hardly ever used it… never really had satisfying results, perhaps because of the pre-defined crossings or too much going on in the phase, do-no.

In the time before FF-ProQ2 and TDR Slick, I occasionally had fun with the Elysia Niveau Filter – a nice little (free) tool, more of a tilt eq with wide shelvings and cirtainly not a bax with curves that integrates on broad part of the spectrum.

None of the above mentioned have Baxandall mid-range filter curves, and I actually never heard of this before(!)

Looking very much forward to hear and read more about this specific approach in Coral :-)
Last edited by Phelix on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:41 pm

nverxion wrote:
The 'Inspired' version is spelled Bandaxdal. :P

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Phelix wrote:I do have UAD BAX-EQ by brainworx but hardly ever used it… never really had satisfying results, perhaps because of the pre-defined crossings or too much going on in the phase, do-no.

In the time before FF-ProQ2 and TDR Slick, I occasionally had fun with the Elysia Niveau Filter – a nice little (free) tool, more of a tilt eq with wide shelvings and cirtainly not a bax with curves that integrates on broad part of the spectrum.

None of the above mentioned have Baxandall mid-range filter curves, and I actually never heard of this before(!)

Looking very much forward to hear and read more about this specific approach in Coral :-)

Main issue with many bax tools is because they are limited - just few frequencies in most of cases

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:28 am

when is coral trial ready ? :D
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory3 • Lemon • Lime • Magenta4 • Navy • Pearl • Pink2 • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby2 • Sand • Tapue • Titanium2 • White2 • N3s • N4

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:14 am

Just after sand release! They are ready almost at the same time, featuring a very new and powerful acqua engine. It is really really advanced now!

Btw today we'll sample your beloved amethyst, titanium, and if we have time also pink strip.