Coral - mastering channel strip

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Berty Bill
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Coral - mastering channel strip

Post by Berty Bill » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 pm

giancarlo wrote:I'm sure it was fixed because I'm running a fixed version. Contact support, I guess the update didn't work
Giancarlo, again silence about presets....?

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Just wanted to share a quick bit of info here. I was having trouble with the wet/dry knob of Coral adding gain when turning it to dry. Acustica said it was fixed in a previous update, but my problem persisted. Support emailed me this morning with a new update that they hoped would fix the issue.

Still had the broken wet/dry knob!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Now hold on a second... I thought of something that I hadn't thought of in months...

I made some presets for myself in Coral and saved them through Reaper. I also had Reaper booting up one of these presets whenever I loaded Coral. I never thought it would make a difference, but this idea was worth a shot. I set Reaper to go back to loading the default startup preset for Coral, as it would be normally, and WHAM that fixed my problem.

This isn't the first time I've emailed support to send them chasing after ghosts that are really the problems of my own doing. Probably won't be the last either :lol:

So in conclusion, thank you Acustica. Your time spent dealing with buffoons like myself is greatly appreciated :D Moral of the story: Don't be a buffoon. Make sure you've troubleshot your end of things thoroughly before getting upset at the other side.

My tag may say expert, but I'm always learning
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 pm

botus99 wrote:Just wanted to share a quick bit of info here. I was having trouble with the wet/dry knob of Coral adding gain when turning it to dry. Acustica said it was fixed in a previous update, but my problem persisted. Support emailed me this morning with a new update that they hoped would fix the issue.

Still had the broken wet/dry knob!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Now hold on a second... I thought of something that I hadn't thought of in months...

I made some presets for myself in Coral and saved them through Reaper. I also had Reaper booting up one of these presets whenever I loaded Coral. I never thought it would make a difference, but this idea was worth a shot. I set Reaper to go back to loading the default startup preset for Coral, as it would be normally, and WHAM that fixed my problem.

This isn't the first time I've emailed support to send them chasing after ghosts that are really the problems of my own doing. Probably won't be the last either :lol:

So in conclusion, thank you Acustica. Your time spent dealing with buffoons like myself is greatly appreciated :D Moral of the story: Don't be a buffoon. Make sure you've troubleshot your end of things thoroughly before getting upset at the other side.

My tag may say expert, but I'm always learning
No need to be ashamed! :)

It's a problem we betatesters have to deal with, every now and then.

Sometimes presets saved with a previous version (maybe a beta or preliminary one) can give all sorts of malfunctions: stuck knobs, authorization requests, even crashes.

Normally it shouldn't happen with published commercial versions, though. :|
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.95

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Normally it shouldn't happen with published commercial versions, though.
Except that a saved PRESET [as in REAPER] can cause issue because of changes made in the plugin. Reaper would not know this, and send the pre-data, whether it makes sense or not.

But always, we hope that we 'testers' can find any issues before they hit the commercial airwaves.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

zekeproductions
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by zekeproductions » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am

I love this mastering plugin. The only thing is... I wish there was a way to make the gain on the EQ stepped. is there a way to make it stepped?

Thanks in Advanced :)

Shibata
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by Shibata » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 pm

It is a pity that it was not sampled Q settings on the EQ section.
And in solo comp instance, there are no harmonics on AQ, Sand, Ultra, C1 and C2 detectors, which are present in strip.