Lime

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Lime

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:15 pm

The most incredible product of the year is on the way.
I know this is a thunder for some of you.

This is lime:
LIME_teaser_002.png
this time we are interested in large consoles released between 1988 and 2005. We sampled them in different places, mainly in London and Italy. Our one is not meant to be a perfect replica, but here we go. Someone will find our one surprisingly close, especially because the new techniques used. One of them is the vatican one, the other one is the one which inspired also other plugins, like bx console or several uad products.

Basically Lime has the same structrure we have in Sand, but basically with a completely different sound.
As you can see we are featuring 2 equalizers, 2 filters, 5 compressors and 8 preamps. Routing exactly the same we have in Sand.

All lime products will be shipped with 2 different skins: one of them is very "flat", for intensive usage. The other one is very "3d" (still frontal view), for a better "feeling" with the software. There is just a different lens effect. There were several complains in the past from several engineers, they basically they asked a more flat view, less distracting.

There is a beautiful usage of colors. Basically Console A is green (knob pots are painted using different shadows of green), Console B is blue. C and D are different items inspired to the best surround compressor available (very expensive one). They are two, it will be explained below, they are yellow. E is derived from a rack-mounted compressor and it is violet. We used red/orange for "controls"
So basically you have the main colors for the 3 most important items: green for console A, blue for console B, red for controls

Exacty like we did for Sand, we are going to release also standalone plugins derived from the main strip channel.

The family is named CRAZY 88.
Apart the famous movie featuring them, we were inspired from the following sentece we used in an advert published on CM this month: MIX HUNGRY, MIX FOOLISH.

Let's present our family members:
Lime_EQU88_002.png
this is the EQU88. You will find two BEAUTIFUL equalizers and filters; really we are speaking about very good and clean shapes. We minimized all interpolation issues using the new Ultrasync technique.
Lime_PRE88_001.png
this is PRE88. You find also a device named F, which is basically a "73". The Slate button is a funny thing, it inspired Lime: basically in the same recording facility where we sampled sand there was is smaller audio mixer with a Slate/talkback button. We have so much respect for other developers - guys this is really a complex job, and being an enterpreneur today is not simple at all, it is a sort of tribute and also a polite joke. So we sampled this thing coming from one of those consoles, it sounds good, it is useful and there is a lot of fun on it.
Lime_BUS88_002.png
and wow, this is BUS88. It is a "bus", since I think seriously compressor C/D is one of the best bus compressors in software realm. A button is missing in this skin - external sidechain - but we decided to feature it in the final release

What's new this time? There is a new technique we consider a part of Core9 and delivered for emulating a device for a different company, which forced ourselves to a technology jump. The technique is named "ultramatch".
Basically our dynamic processors are refined running a sort of nebula instance trying to replicate the same testtones at the same levels used for the hardware. This technique is between brute force and AI. Basically we get something like this:
ULTRAMATCH_.png
ULTRAMATCH_.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 10437 times
obviously the match is executed taking in account intersamples, it is a very complex kind of match (we build a sort of network which tries to minimize the error on the thousands of segments used for emulating attack and release shapes).

The real issue we had, if we emulate the hardware more closely sometimes someone could not like it (yes it happened a betatester preferred the "acustica" one), so we decided to merge this technique with our one just following our instinct and using the technique when the result was sonically better. Basically compressor A and the whole compressor C is based on this new technique (B, D and E are based just partially on the technique, for example the attack shapes). I'm interested in your comments as soon as the product will be released ehehhe

----------------------------------------------------

I'll start a different topic for Black Friday, but here the deal.

As presale we decided a 10% OFF.
We added a 10% OFF for black friday/cyber monday.

Than we decided a couple of different discounts which should interest more users:

20% for Navy users (they are MANY). Really navy is a similar tool but at the same time very different (navy is more addressed to classic 60-70 items, so I think it is fair)
5% for Sand users - Lime is different but at the same time there is something in common, for example routing.

Lime price will be 199 eur. So for a Navy user we are in the 120 eur ballpark, I think it is more than fair.

Discusson about prices is still open for few hours. Tomorrow we'll send emails with discount coupons, so if something is wrong just tell us.

BTW: after this release we'll rest a bit with new products.
On next month we'll start moving older plugins to the new tech. Titanium2 is planned for december.
Nebula4 should be our christmas product (so no more surprises). We'll start releasing new products around march, more or less. We planned to update Pink, Amethyst, Pearl in the short period.

Mannymac

Re: Lime

Post by Mannymac » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Wow Giancarlo this is awesome.

As somebody that owns both Sand and Navy: Will I be able to use two coupons?

And is there a Navy update in the works?

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Seems amazing.

Can you explain in further detail what A to E compressors are derived from ? Not clear to me. 2 channel comps, 2 bus comps, and 1 rackmount comp ?

2 other things : there is a typo mistake about the skins in your presentation, you talk about Sand, but obviously it refers to Lime.
About pricing, I personnaly find The Navy discount too big, and the Sand one too low. Yes, the name from Rupert is associated in both Navy and Lime, but Sand and Lime are much more alike (complete console strip with compressors, more modern sound) than Navy and Lime. And you just released Sand, so I would give those users a bigger discount to make them purchase what looks like a very similar product, just 2 months after Sand. That being said, I'm not whining, I find the original pricing quite fair.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

ceemusic

Post by ceemusic » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:22 pm

When?

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:32 pm

awesome!!!
because you mentioned discussion only few hours about pricing just the question about. so no loyal customer discounts this time?
i'm somewhat cool about the pricing , but sand i got for much less!!

kind regards

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:47 pm

They will start again after black Friday! But I think not on lime during its presale

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:53 pm

Mannymac wrote:Wow Giancarlo this is awesome.

As somebody that owns both Sand and Navy: Will I be able to use two coupons?

And is there a Navy update in the works?
As somebody in the same boat, I too would like answers to these questions :mrgreen:

edit: Also, approximately how long will the presale last? Will the other discounts still apply after Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
Last edited by botus99 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | DL32R / ZED-R16 / 2x Digi003 (1 Black Lion modded, 1 Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond EQ Trans & Lift, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, El Rey, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Celestial, Taupe, Lemon

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Navy: we'll tell you.
No we cannot sum in our system but if you contact support they maybe can help you

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi G., so did I get it right about the compressors ?
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm

Yes it is right
We'll tell you more tomorrow
The user manual is an encyclopedia

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 pm

giancarlo wrote:Yes it is right
We'll tell you more tomorrow
The user manual is an encyclopedia
OK, thanks ! I've got a little country band to mix that will be perfect to demo this !

HDNebula
User Level III
User Level III

Post by HDNebula » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:03 am

The only thing I think I know with this explanation is that compressor E is a MC77.

PS: the slate thing is trolling as hell lol.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:04 am

No it is from vatican rack

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:25 am

Will you accept an expertly-roasted turkey in exchange for Lime?

:D
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:28 am