Problem with FAB4 EQ

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
markbullock
User Level 0
User Level 0

Problem with FAB4 EQ

Post by markbullock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Hey everyone, I've been having a problem with the separate EQ plugin from Sand. When I open an instance, and turn on one of the EQ bands, the gain shoots down to -20 (fully counter-clockwise), and cannot be moved to any other position without snapping back to -20. While this happens, there is no change in sound. The input and output gains on the right side of the plugin work however. When using the full Sand channel strip, the EQ works, it's just the individual module that does not. The compressor module DOES work outside of the channel strip, so as far as I can tell, it's just the EQ that I'm having problems with.

I have reauthorized using AquariusLite, but that hasn't seemed to help.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!
Thanks

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Re: Problem with FAB4 EQ

Post by markgalup » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:56 am

Did you perhaps install an update to the full Sand since installing Fab4? I'd try installing/reinstalling the most recent Fab4 installers.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

markbullock
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by markbullock » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:19 pm

So I've grabbed the latest Fab4 installer from last December, installed again, and re-authorized with AquariusLite, but still no luck. Oddly, it seems like the only one that takes the authorization and functions outside of the full channel strip is the Bus plugin.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 am

markbullock wrote:Hey everyone, I've been having a problem with the separate EQ plugin from Sand. When I open an instance, and turn on one of the EQ bands, the gain shoots down to -20 (fully counter-clockwise), and cannot be moved to any other position without snapping back to -20. While this happens, there is no change in sound. The input and output gains on the right side of the plugin work however. When using the full Sand channel strip, the EQ works, it's just the individual module that does not. The compressor module DOES work outside of the channel strip, so as far as I can tell, it's just the EQ that I'm having problems with.

I have reauthorized using AquariusLite, but that hasn't seemed to help.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
The reason for this behavior is usually is the lack of correct N2V file which initialize the plug-in and check your authorization.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:12 pm

I had same behavior problem with Scarlet and Magenta (and FAB4 Trial), and support wasn't able to solve it after some endless tickets.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:01 am

Mordus wrote:I had same behavior problem with Scarlet and Magenta (and FAB4 Trial), and support wasn't able to solve it after some endless tickets.
They are two complete different behaviors. In markbullock case authorization is requested always due plug-in can not find N2V Vector file with initialization which should check computer authorization.

By installing Sand and FAB4 in the correct sequence as is explained in text file in download section solve the problem.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:42 pm

I apologize for misunderstanding.
Now I see is not the same behavior. My knobs reset when switching a band -off-, not when activating a band.

I haven't read carefully.
Keep it simple, be happy.

Logic Pro X / Reaper / RME / Italian Handcrafted Loudspeakers