SAND out now!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Tom.A.S
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: SAND out now!

Post by Tom.A.S » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:19 pm

I've a question about harmonics too... Wouldn't it be too much to activate Avid HEAT with SAND on almost every track of a mix ? Or do each other are complementary ?

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:56 pm

JulenJVM wrote:Giancarlo mentionned on Gearslutz that there is an XML tweak we can do to make the buttons on Sand snap right away to the next position available, without wobbling in between values.

Right now, the buttons feel wobbly and it really distracts me, so I´d like to fix that, I don´t want the button hovering over values that are not available. He said that we could open a ticket to find out how, but I feel guilty opening a ticket just for this matter.

Any kind soul that knows the answer could enlighten me, pretty please?
I'd like to know this too, couldn't find it via search.

JJ Jettflow
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by JJ Jettflow » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Now a word about priority of tickets:
- first we try to answer questions about activation and authorization. Priority is very high because they are users who maybe authorized the trial, they paid the commercial vesion and they cannot use the product at all. So we need to check it we have to refund them (and from the accounting system side it is very important we decide it as soon as possible). Luckily we solve almost all issues, but priority is extremely high.
How big is an issue like this? I plan on either purchasing SAND or LIME (perhaps both if I am lucky!)and I am currently demoing both.
Orange, Red, Amber, Trinity, NeoConsole, Ochre, Amethyst (on release)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:08 pm

tell me if you need help

phopho
User Level III
User Level III

Post by phopho » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:00 pm

I must say that the Sand Bus Compressor in auto release mode sounds just unbelievably good....sweet butter :D WOWW !!!!!!!!!

cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by cjperez » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:01 pm

I love sand.. Would like to use it more, but i get a problem when i Use a combination of the SAND Strip & the FAB 4 plugs in a session in CUBASE 8.035 & Cubase 9.. The problem i get is that when I save the Cubase project then i come the next day to re-load the same project, Cubase crashes and refuses to load....

It's only when I uninstall sand for my PC (Windows 7x64bit, 32gigs ram, SSD drives, i7-5820k OC to 4.0ghz,)then i'm able to load the project up.. But as you can see, that kinda defeats the purpose of using sand.. And the problem is, It doesn't happen with every song.. It happens with some, so the problem is a bit random.. (Which is frustrating as it's that much harder to pin down what's causing it)..

But i did find one thing, it happens alot more when i use SAND in conjuction with SLATE VCC/VMR plugins.... It's a definite CRASH when i have a project that's heavy handed with both slate plugins and SAND... I'm not sure why this is, or if that's the actual reason, but like i said before, this issue happens more randomly than anything....

So i'm just asking if anyone has had a similar issue with SAND crashing Cubase 8/9x64bit projects?

PS: i do have the latest version of SAND and FAB 4 installed.
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:44 pm

In my (recent) experience (Cubase Pro 8.5 + Win7 64bit + 32GB ram + i7) the problem seems to be Cubase.
If you install Reaper (even the full trial version) and test any AA plugin you can reach 5 times more instances than the Steinberg product.
Cubase seems to be, at the end, a very heavy, old, superfetated program with several under-the-hood technical limitations.
Reaper is way lighter and more optimised in almost every compartment.
My solution is now to use Cubase for the creative tasks (still unbeaten on this side IMO) and Reaper for the finalisation mix.

Just my 2 cents.

cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by cjperez » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:22 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:In my (recent) experience (Cubase Pro 8.5 + Win7 64bit + 32GB ram + i7) the problem seems to be Cubase.
If you install Reaper (even the full trial version) and test any AA plugin you can reach 5 times more instances than the Steinberg product.
Cubase seems to be, at the end, a very heavy, old, superfetated program with several under-the-hood technical limitations.
Reaper is way lighter and more optimised in almost every compartment.
My solution is now to use Cubase for the creative tasks (still unbeaten on this side IMO) and Reaper for the finalisation mix.

Just my 2 cents.

Hmm.. that's not really an ideal solution for me though and in the way I work and the workload that i have, i need to be able to do everything in one DAW...I do hope a solution is found to this as The sound of SAND is really up my alley... Especially the compressor, nothing i have currently can match it.
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:49 am

Yep, same for me, but... the problem is Cubase... finger crossed for a solution from Steinberg (but I don't expect so much from them, to be honest).

I can barlely open 6-7 Gold Strip instances and then weird things start to happen. And even some projects no more loadable. :roll:

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:17 am

cjperez wrote:Hmm.. that's not really an ideal solution for me though and in the way I work and the workload that i have, i need to be able to do everything in one DAW...I do hope a solution is found to this as The sound of SAND is really up my alley... Especially the compressor, nothing i have currently can match it.
Do give Jbridge a demo @ https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

User (garbage914) manage to use 54 Acqua Gold with Jbridge while without only 39 istances in Cubase 9. More info here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 40#p118348
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.3.1 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •
Magenta3 • Green3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • N3 & N4 • Diamond • Ivory3 •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary

Join us on Facebook Acustica Audiophiles page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/703927439766698/