SAND out now!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
realhomerecording
User Level III
User Level III

Re: SAND out now!

Post by realhomerecording » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:49 pm

RJHollins wrote:
giancarlo wrote:Sometimes hype is created by beta team, but in our case we don't have control on it. They seriously praise or speak badly about a product following their taste.
UN-Controllable Beta-TEAM.

We even have T-Shirts. :mrgreen:
For some reason, this movie scene came to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T883r__5MAA

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:36 pm

cjperez wrote:
giancarlo wrote:Ok a lacking of compatibility is not possible, but we'll try to reproduce it.
Did you uninstall anything?
Well so far I did eventually uninstall sand completely, Then i re-installed Sand version rel K. then the Fab 4 Rel C.... The i tried to re-load the song then it still hangs.. sigh... But the project file only loads when i remove the SANDEQ4ZL.dll from my vstplugins folder, then the project will load but offcourse i can't see my settings that i had on the project... SAND itself works fine, but it's the SANDEQ4ZL plugin for some reason is giving me some stress..

However, i will say that during the process while i was working with the FAB4 EQ, every now and then i would get a burst of "white Noise' and it would happen about on average, every 15 minutes or so.... Well maybe not that exact a number but it would be around that or so... which was strange..
Are you using 48-88 frequencies?

cjperez
User Level X
User Level X

Post by cjperez » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:19 pm

giancarlo wrote:
cjperez wrote:
giancarlo wrote:Ok a lacking of compatibility is not possible, but we'll try to reproduce it.
Did you uninstall anything?
Well so far I did eventually uninstall sand completely, Then i re-installed Sand version rel K. then the Fab 4 Rel C.... The i tried to re-load the song then it still hangs.. sigh... But the project file only loads when i remove the SANDEQ4ZL.dll from my vstplugins folder, then the project will load but offcourse i can't see my settings that i had on the project... SAND itself works fine, but it's the SANDEQ4ZL plugin for some reason is giving me some stress..

However, i will say that during the process while i was working with the FAB4 EQ, every now and then i would get a burst of "white Noise' and it would happen about on average, every 15 minutes or so.... Well maybe not that exact a number but it would be around that or so... which was strange..
Are you using 48-88 frequencies?
no.. 44.1
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

zac222paz
User Level I
User Level I

Post by zac222paz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:06 am

not sure what to do here...i just noticed a newer SAND setup version and newer upgrade versions of FAB4.
should i uninstall everything and start again or keep my original setup "I" verion of SAND and just keep upgrading.

nice work all.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:07 am

You should be able to install over the previous.
Do SAND first ... then Fab.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

zac222paz
User Level I
User Level I

Post by zac222paz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:10 am

thanks RJHollins will do.

scubaman
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by scubaman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:58 am

Just in case anyone has the same issue on Mac as myself and a couple of others:
If after sand install, nebula stops working, you need to delete your temp files located at machintoshhd/library/audio/presets/Acusticaaudio/nebula3/temp
This resolves the issue.

Francesco.Tedeschi
Expert
Expert

Post by Francesco.Tedeschi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:39 am

cjperez wrote: no.. 44.1
Hi cjperez,
I did this test:
installed SAND rel I
installed SAND Upgrade to rel K
installed Upgrade to SAND FAB4 rel C
saved a project inside Reaper
installed Upgrade SAND FAB4 rel D
reopened the project, all works fine.

I suggest to check if in your ../vstplugins/acustica64 folder you have all the required files that are:

SAND folder (366 or 378 N2V files inside)
SANDEQ4ZL.dll
SANDEQ4ZL.XML
SANDEQ4.N2S
SAND.AUT

Check also that you didn't install the SANDEQ4 in any other folder accessed by your DAW during vst scanning, otherwise you may encounter conflicts among different versions.
Francesco Tedeschi

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:26 am

scubaman wrote:Just in case anyone has the same issue on Mac as myself and a couple of others:
If after sand install, nebula stops working, you need to delete your temp files located at machintoshhd/library/audio/presets/Acusticaaudio/nebula3/temp
This resolves the issue.
Acqua Effect plug-ins use complete diferent path and it is fixed ALWAYS. Seems to be some confusion here.

We tested yesterday Sand FAB4 commercial and trial in Windows and OSX and we didn't find issues in session recall and we have installed all commercial products all formats plus Nebula and beta releases.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:34 am

zac222paz wrote:not sure what to do here...i just noticed a newer SAND setup version and newer upgrade versions of FAB4.
should i uninstall everything and start again or keep my original setup "I" verion of SAND and just keep upgrading.

nice work all.
Files marked as setup install OS files and framework and then copy paste files into a path, this is an installer, just an automatic files copy paste.

If you are running a setup, see file size, you are installing about 1.10 Gb, we suggest then update to lasted Sand version, and as final step install FAB4.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:17 am

When you guys have finished fixing bugs etc are you just going to upload one - new and final - file (+ the SINGLE FAB 4 and 48/88 upgrade files) as the 'finished product' because it's getting pretty confusing knowing which update we are up to or what we already have or what order to install in etc! (and I'm just on the demo version!).

Am still on the brink of buying this, would be my first AA after far too long of testing each new release then deciding it wasn't for me (mainly due to workflow/cpu issues but sometimes sound which if I think back only HONEY ever tempted me) but I am really liking this bus comp and eq (I would probably never have bought SAND itself without the separate FAB 4 as it's not how I work - I don't enjoy complex all-in-one plugs for my mixing tasks). So am very glad you did split them in the end.

To everyone else - has anyone done any A/B with real hardware EQs or Comps of "this type". While we can say they possibly do sound/react better than many if not all algos, how are they next to real hardware? Would love to hear some unbiased sound files or feedback from hardware owners (esp those who may own the cheaper bus-comp clones such as STAM 4000 or similar VCA bus comps). Nobody on GS even seems to be comparing them so does that mean hardware owners still prefer the hardware and only plug-in jockeys (like us) think these are any good? Thanks

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:18 pm

the most badly named confusing release ever to be in my dashboard... c'mon guy sort it out !

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Windows is definitive naming convention
Basically the only "upgrade" is fab4, but it should be an upgrade bundle from sand. Windows version is also definitive, we don't have reported issues.
Sand installer is already installing all definitive vectors.

About hardware it is not so simple.
It should be the same device/model and properly serviced like the ones we used for measurements. It applies especially for B console, which is often completely broken

A note these consoles differ really a lot. Just compare A with B

cjperez
User Level X
User Level X

Post by cjperez » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:27 pm

Francesco.Tedeschi wrote:
cjperez wrote: no.. 44.1
Hi cjperez,
I did this test:
installed SAND rel I
installed SAND Upgrade to rel K
installed Upgrade to SAND FAB4 rel C
saved a project inside Reaper
installed Upgrade SAND FAB4 rel D
reopened the project, all works fine.

I suggest to check if in your ../vstplugins/acustica64 folder you have all the required files that are:

SAND folder (366 or 378 N2V files inside)
SANDEQ4ZL.dll
SANDEQ4ZL.XML
SANDEQ4.N2S
SAND.AUT

Check also that you didn't install the SANDEQ4 in any other folder accessed by your DAW during vst scanning, otherwise you may encounter conflicts among different versions.
Ok. Thanks for this.... I"ll try and sort it out...
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Posted this to GS but also wanted to post here:

For any experienced users of an S*L channel comp, do you have any suggestions as to which settings would yield the most similar results/behavior on either SAND buss comp? I am curious about some specific functionality/sonics of the channel comps. I know it has slow and fast, and I believe the slow is program dependant, just curious as to emulating either/both of those modes with SAND.

Thanks,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts