SAND out now!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: SAND out now!

Post by cjperez » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:24 am

Not sure if this issue was mentioned already.. (and i already submitted a ticket as well), but i just thought i would mention it here...

Just purchased sand and it sounds great.. A bug that i noticed is that when i engage SAND on a GROUP track in Cubase 8.035, whatever i have running through that group would randomly go "Out of Sync"..

For example: If i put sand on a Background Vocals GROUP, what would happen is that some of the tracks would go out of sync with the other.. and then eventually that problem leaks into other tracks that are not associated with that group...

So while some of my background vocal tracks starts to go out of sync, then my Bass track would start doing the same thing.... (and note that this happens randomly)

So hope you guys can get this sorted... but apart from that, this sounds plugin amazing....
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

nonstandardryder

Post by nonstandardryder » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:51 am

Why not just add the preamps to the correct modules? EQ/Filter get Mix Ones. Bus compressor get Bus preamps.

Keep it simple with 2 modules.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:54 am

For a matter of efficiency!
In such case we minimize latency.
For example bus4 is composed by a single engine instance. If we add the preamp we would have 2.

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:55 am

giancarlo wrote:
SAND_EQU4_008.png

Hey, Mr Idealist here again but would it be hard to swap the position of the low/high eq and filters? I mean you have the two low eqs on top (high) and the low cut filter on top (high), and the two high eqs/high cut filter on the bottom? Seems a bit confusing and illogical as every other eq I've got in that layout has it with low (bottom left) low mids (bottom right) high mids (top left) high (top right). They (and the two filters) just need a quick swap in position to make this perfect!

After all, on the main SAND unit they are laid out in the typical fashion (albeit vertically), so changing the stand-alone eq positions to match main SAND would also be logical (though keep the horizontal layout of course!) :)

This has me seriously more tempted now they are all split up like this as I'd feel better using the EQ only where needed and PRE-amps being optional (graphically), instead of that huge GUI on screen for just a filter for example. Good work.

But pleeeeeeeeeeease swap those eq positions to make sense! :ugeek:
Last edited by Pro5 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:58 am

SAND is defenatly a "Magic" tool !

-After getting to know the way it works , I'm getting an awesome , polished , CD like sound in no time ...

- It's a great + to get separates Plugins imho .

Thanks a lot Gian + team for this !

- I'm very happy to support you guys for a long time already and i appreciate very much the coupons for loyal customers that make SAND unbeatable .

- The pre-sale + addons makes it a must even at full price !

I always knew , from the 1rst time i tested NEBULA that it was "THE" Tech that was gonna change the game in the Audio Plugins world !

Thanks and Congrats again ... :)

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:16 am

Wow! Just trying this out and it is really fantastic! I've been really enjoying all of the new comps and this one is particularly special. I've been getting great results with Aquamarine3 and Pink 2412 on the drum bus (I can finally smash drums with Acquas and not reach for my trusty UAD compressors)... but the control one can get from filtering and EQing the side chain in Sand is amazing!!! Excellent work guys!

I am having a delay compensation issue on my end, but only when using Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork. In both Pro Tools 12.4 and the latest Sonar Platinum I can't do parallel drum processing because the delay compensation is off and the phase gets all messed up. Strange thing though... going back to the PT session after trying out the problem in Sonar, I was no longer having the delay compensation issue with the file I was working on. So perhaps there are changes to the required delay compensation when changing the routing and they aren't being immediately reported to the host?

Anyone else seeing issues like this on their end?
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

Datouzai
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by Datouzai » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:22 am

OK! My download problem was solved.
Have tried the Sand.It sounds wonderful.

onebaldbloke
User Level II
User Level II

Post by onebaldbloke » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:22 am

Would love to check it out, however......

Running the installation exe is not giving me choice of target folder/s (I'd rather it go where my other Nebula/Aqua plugins live). Instead, it's going straight to a folder deep inside Program Files.

Any ideas why?.....

Cheers,
Bob.
Samplitude ProX (latest), RME UFX, Win 10 Pro, 12 core Intel i7, 24 G RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:32 am

It happens for mac osx or Windows aax.
Only Windows vst is customizable

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:32 am

Delay compensation: in my todo list
I think it is related with truedummy instances

onebaldbloke
User Level II
User Level II

Post by onebaldbloke » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:38 am

giancarlo wrote:It happens for mac osx or Windows aax.
Only Windows vst is customizable
I'm running Windows. Righto - will try again!
:-)

Edit - Ah, I ran AAX by mistake!

Cheers,
Bob.
Samplitude ProX (latest), RME UFX, Win 10 Pro, 12 core Intel i7, 24 G RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

callumr
User Level III
User Level III

Post by callumr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Is it possible to get the side chain working on the au sooner - a lot of people are saying using this is critical to getting good results? Pretty please ;)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Ok!

_ben
User Level V
User Level V

Post by _ben » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Sorry but it asks for authorization.

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:36 pm

_ben wrote:Sorry but it asks for authorization.
You need to authorize the demo version. In your Customer Area there is an exact description how to do it.