Pink 7236 & 2412

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
fjsan
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Pink 7236 & 2412

Post by fjsan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Hello Giancarlo,
I have a question about prices. What happens if I buy the 2412 now and in the future I want to buy the 7236 ? What price will I pay ? Thx

slybkine
User Level I
User Level I

Post by slybkine » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:25 pm

fjsan wrote:Hello Giancarlo,
I have a question about prices. What happens if I buy the 2412 now and in the future I want to buy the 7236 ? What price will I pay ? Thx
I want to know too ;)

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 am

I just mentioned this in another thread, but I was using Titanium 2 for high frequency compression for vinyl mastering, and I was A/B-ing it against Pink 7236. I really liked the action of 7236 - maybe even more than Titanium :shock: - however, the stereo image collapsed for me using 7236. It sounds to me that 7236 is not true stereo.

G, can you confirm if 7236 is not true stereo, and is there any plans for this being upgraded along with the PINK updates you mentioned?

Thanks much,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

boldlove
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by boldlove » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:20 am

I too have noticed that Pink 7236 & 2412 appear narrower than most other compressors I've A/Bed them against. I've also noticed that set to FFW the image is narrower compared to FBK, or is it just me? I had assumed this was in reflection to the hardware, and that even a tighter image might actually be preferable in certain situations. But in practice, I'm frequently finding myself, while highly favoring the compression action of Pink in FFW, regrettably having to choose another compressor for a less compromised stereo image. I wish this wasn't so.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:17 am

markgalup wrote: however, the stereo image collapsed for me using 7236. It sounds to me that 7236 is not true stereo.

G, can you confirm if 7236 is not true stereo, and is there any plans for this being upgraded along with the PINK updates you mentioned?

Thanks much,
MG
+1
I7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory3 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3s • N4

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:45 am

true stereo? what do you mean?
this is a multiband compressor and both channels are linked. If you need a stereo link control use coral.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Ok, I hear that I am not being clear. I mean that when I use Titanium 2, the image sounds just as stereo decorrelated as it was before inserting Titanium and compressing with it. However, with Pink 7236, it sounds as though the signal has lost all of that good stereo decorrelation. I guess I am wondering if you sampled each channel of a stereo unit for Titanium, so that potentially there are differences in L and R, and perhaps you didn't for Pink 7236? I'm wondering why they sound so different in their effect on the stereo field. I use Coral on every mix and master, but it is not a suitable replacement for a multiband compressor.

Thanks,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

jammer2nd
User Level V
User Level V

Post by jammer2nd » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:05 pm

markgalup wrote:Ok, I hear that I am not being clear. I mean that when I use Titanium 2, the image sounds just as stereo decorrelated as it was before inserting Titanium and compressing with it. However, with Pink 7236, it sounds as though the signal has lost all of that good stereo decorrelation. I guess I am wondering if you sampled each channel of a stereo unit for Titanium, so that potentially there are differences in L and R, and perhaps you didn't for Pink 7236? I'm wondering why they sound so different in their effect on the stereo field. I use Coral on every mix and master, but it is not a suitable replacement for a multiband compressor.

Thanks,
MG
This question from February.... Was it answered..?
PINK BUNDLE, HONEY, NAVY, SAND+Fab4, pEArL2, Diamond
Win 10 / Reaper i7 479x, 8GB sdd (apps), 2 x ide (data)

scorbtrk
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by scorbtrk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:46 am

Pink 2412 has found a permanent place in my mastering arsenal and thankfully the rogue glitch I reported shortly after release never occured again.

Are there plans to update the Pink compressors at some point?

It would be great to have a more responsive / accurate GR meter, but more importantly, I really miss stereo link options!

A stereo link control would really be icing on the cake, at least for the 2412. The added CPU cost would be fine in a mastering context and most definitely worth it for the added flexibility, even if it would be perhaps too much of a CPU hog for the multiband version on current machines.

At present I can either run two as dual mono, or one as fully linked. An external SC input would at least let me configure a semi linked setup, but with no such option the scope of this lovely sounding compressor is falling slightly short of it's full potential.

I have to say that the lack of updates is holding me back from jumping on any other aquas too. Many developers update products at this price point far more regularly, and it's been over a year since release!

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful tools, and I hope you might consider taking this great plugin to the next level :)

Ady (TRK Mastering)