Pink 7236 & 2412

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
focusrite
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Pink 7236 & 2412

Post by focusrite » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:54 pm

P.s there are many who just won't go there without presets. I asked for txt presets pasting. Not one comment from Acustica. Ignore your customer needs at your own peril.

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Marketing: why not visit scheps or so and Show him how to install and use it :D
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm

yes , presets would be nice ...

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:03 pm

F*******e wrote:No just fucking no slate digital Eli marketing bullshit.

Just hire Dan Worral to do a walkthrough video. Job done.

Good enough for fabfilter, TDR et al.
agreed

spunkmuffin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by spunkmuffin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm

About marketing...my advice would be don't do any until the new authorization system is completed and working. Also complete the website refresh and get some positive feedback from people here.
Do both of those before you think of marketing. Just my 2c.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:36 pm

Personally, I am sternly and fervently against adding presets. I think they are fully unhelpful at best and damaging at worst.

How in the world can a mixer believe that selecting the "Rock Bass" preset can make any positive difference to their completely unique bass recording? The person who made that preset surely isn't able to listen to the mixer's bass track, make a judgement call based on what the song needs and then hand craft a preset to send to the mixer. It is a concept that makes no sense.

To go further, I think that presets are just about the worst thing that has happened to junior mixers and it is nothing short of a shame that they grow to rely on them.

I don't recall seeing any hardware compressors with "Smooth vocal magic sauce" buttons on them either.

I feel that presets have no place in Acustica products, but that is just my opinion. It goes past "well then just ignore them if you don't want to use them, kindafishy", because sorry, but I just don't support anything that tries to skirt around the simple concept of learning your tools and using your ears. Presets are poison.

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:37 pm

spunkmuffin wrote:About marketing...my advice would be don't do any until the new authorization system is completed and working. Also complete the website refresh and get some positive feedback from people here.
Do both of those before you think of marketing. Just my 2c.
yes. that is right. good advice.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:49 pm

F*******e wrote:No just fucking no slate digital Eli marketing bullshit.

Just hire Dan Worral to do a walkthrough video. Job done.

Good enough for fabfilter, TDR et al.
Nobody said "copy Slate", the premise is "sell the dream". The difference when it comes to Acustica is that it is not marketing exaggeration. The tools really are that good.

It could never be the same as the over-inflated and disingenuous IK or Slate hype. They are not even the same animal. They promise and do not deliver. Acustica promises and delivers.

spunkmuffin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by spunkmuffin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:50 pm

giancarlo wrote:A thing to add, which is my main point
7236 is possibly the best multiband compressor in digital realm.
It is a no-compromise solution, the result is finally a multiband compressor with a weight, beautiful attack, and crafted with a lot of details and small features/ideas.
Alone this unit would be really expensive in the hardware realm and "possibly" it doesn't exist it at all - there are just few multiband hardware compressors around. So we are speaking about something unique, it justifies the cpu load
I see this compressor working very well together with dmg limitless
7236 CPU load is fine! At 10% or 20% load I think it's a miracle actually. People with higher load can still use it. Or buy a new CPU. In a year when Intel release CannonLake with 10nm CPU's it will be even less of an issue.
Don't worry about CPU load now...it's great!

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:06 pm

nice Slogan:

They promise and do not deliver. Acustica promises and delivers.

Dimzo

Post by Dimzo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:11 pm

FWIW an easier user experience would probably lead to more customers.
i also think that (some) people like to watch youtube videos of a product they are going to buy and/or listen to sound examples, but the sound examples have to be easily accessible like in a soundcloud player.

(some) people want a product to be presented very well before they even bother to download a demo (and if they have to authorize that demo... oh dear... :lol: ) they want you to sell your product to them and access it as easy as possible.

i love the sound of Nebula/Aqua and that is enough for me to buy the products and support AA but not everybody thinks this way.

a premium product needs a premium presentation (for some) and sadly i don't think everybody can see that you have a premium product here. sometimes i think that some people see AA as a nerdy/geeky company if i read comments on the web and they don't really understand that you're fuckin' geniusses.

imo a better overall presentation of your products and an easier user experience (website, demos, authorization) will help to make your marketing easier. just imagine you start a marketing campaign and a dan worral video presentation. you will attract potential customers that way. if they are not pleased with their experience with your company, website etc.. some will remember it and will likely not return even if you changed the website and auth system later. don't underestimate the first impression...

focusrite
User Level II
User Level II

Post by focusrite » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:12 pm

kindafishy wrote:Personally, I am sternly and fervently against adding presets. I think they are fully unhelpful at best and damaging at worst.

How in the world can a mixer believe that selecting the "Rock Bass" preset can make any positive difference to their completely unique bass recording? The person who made that preset surely isn't able to listen to the mixer's bass track, make a judgement call based on what the song needs and then hand craft a preset to send to the mixer. It is a concept that makes no sense.

To go further, I think that presets are just about the worst thing that has happened to junior mixers and it is nothing short of a shame that they grow to rely on them.

I don't recall seeing any hardware compressors with "Smooth vocal magic sauce" buttons on them either.

I feel that presets have no place in Acustica products, but that is just my opinion. It goes past "well then just ignore them if you don't want to use them, kindafishy", because sorry, but I just don't support anything that tries to skirt around the simple concept of learning your tools and using your ears. Presets are poison.
I don't need them either but it helps to sell the dream to the amateur mixers who don't know where to start but they want the best sound and will pay/ buy. If acustica dies through bad marketing decisiins who will supply our audio crack then?

Dimzo

Post by Dimzo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:22 pm

project: "sell the dream "
nice.. 8-)

i don't mind if there are presets but i don't use them anyway.

focusrite
User Level II
User Level II

Post by focusrite » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:26 pm

kylen

Post by kylen » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 pm

I've always felt presets could be useful for the developer to show an intent for usage or example, as long as the reference wave file is delivered also - since this almost never happens the preset becomes a bit ambiguous. In certain cases presets can make good starting points whether there is a reference file or not possibly in the case of SHMOD or attack/release settings.