June 2016, PINK 7236

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: June 2016, PINK 7236

Post by giancarlo » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:24 am

That "minus makeup" is there for "removing" makeup, because makeup changes the output.
For you: input - output

If i remove makeup you would drop a post within 30 seconds telling me everything stopped working
Forget makeup, it is a tech thing, lol (but it is there, otherwise when you increase makeup you would see more reduction of the makeup amount; the makeup bug which affects all our past compressors, templates is because a known issue with overflow, simply makeup is subtracted in a way it overflows the fun, so the order was changed). So forget it, it is a technical passage.
For the sake of knowledge, makeup is "added" but I used the term "subtracted" because it is more intuitive in this context. The amount has simply taking in account the sign

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: June 2016, PINK 7236

Post by kindafishy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:22 am

giancarlo wrote:That "minus makeup" is there for "removing" makeup, because makeup changes the output.
For you: input - output

If i remove makeup you would drop a post within 30 seconds telling me everything stopped working
Forget makeup, it is a tech thing, lol (but it is there, otherwise when you increase makeup you would see more reduction of the makeup amount; the makeup bug which affects all our past compressors, templates is because a known issue with overflow, simply makeup is subtracted in a way it overflows the fun, so the order was changed). So forget it, it is a technical passage.
For the sake of knowledge, makeup is "added" but I used the term "subtracted" because it is more intuitive in this context. The amount has simply taking in account the sign
LOL. Got it, thanks. Can't wait for the full release. Very excited about this. The 2412 is my new go to mix bus compressor. It's on my new mix and it sounds fantastic. New mix is all Acqua and Nebula except the delays and some vocal FX, which are handled by SoundToys.

PS - You were right about Amethyst and I was wrong. I bought it a couple days ago and I just love it. It seems to somehow 'know' what I want the end result to sound like and it helps me get there so fast. It becomes one with the source audio instead of 'doing things to it'. Great, great plugin.