Acustica is pleased to release PINK2 suite, the dawn of CORE12!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
tsykhra
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Acustica is pleased to release PINK2 suite, the dawn of CORE12!

Post by tsykhra » Mon May 21, 2018 11:13 am

Yes, but it is so CPU hungry. I can turn it on to render the project but it is not so comfortable to toggle this setting on each instance of plugin over every time I need to render. Maybe you should implement option to select render and playback quality?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon May 21, 2018 5:48 pm

With the settings you've provided ... here are screen shots from PluginDoc analyzer.
Pink-2.png
Pink-2 Harmonics.png
As can be viewed:
Frequency response is FLAT.
Harmonic content is around -100 dB

When run with INSANE mode, some harmonics drop even lower.

As to CPU consumption, not much I can say or do about that. It may be possible that AA MIGHT have further improvements, if that is even possible. I've no insider details to support that.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

tsykhra
User Level I
User Level I

Post by tsykhra » Mon May 21, 2018 6:13 pm

As I mentioned before artifacts occur only when gain reduction is applied. Please take bass I posted earlier and run it thru compressor, and you'll hear what I'm hearing
Plugin doctor is wonderful application I like very much, but how about those examples I posted earlier?

tsykhra
User Level I
User Level I

Post by tsykhra » Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm

here are my results
Last edited by tsykhra on Mon May 21, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon May 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Question ... does the GUI screenshot show the settings you used on the BASS example ?

2. also ... is the Pink-OFF/mp3 file at the LEVEL you used in the actual track ?

I prefer having the exact conditions to check.

note: I'll try to check this out for you later tonite.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

tsykhra
User Level I
User Level I

Post by tsykhra » Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Something strange with attachments
2.gif

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon May 21, 2018 6:23 pm

tsykhra wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm
here are my results
What is your SIGNAL LEVEL set in PluginDoc ?

also ... what SampleRate are you measuring ?

tsykhra
User Level I
User Level I

Post by tsykhra » Mon May 21, 2018 6:27 pm

I've just tried plugin doctor with all sample rates above 44100, those peaks at the top frequencies always there. If I turn insane mode ON I can see peak at 88200 and 96000
There's definitely something wrong with sampling :?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 am

tsykhra wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:27 pm
I've just tried plugin doctor with all sample rates above 44100, those peaks at the top frequencies always there. If I turn insane mode ON I can see peak at 88200 and 96000
There's definitely something wrong with sampling :?
OK ... I didn't have time to test the Bass file. What I also needed to know was the MP3 file the Peak/RMS of the audio you are using ?

2. Just to be sure [as I have learned]. There is an issue with PluginDoc AND changing SampleRates. [at least with N-4 and ACQUA plugins].

You have to set the Samplerate. Set it as DEFAULT. Reload the Acqua/N-4 plugin.

I speculate that PluginDoc is NOT sending a proper command of Samplerate to the ACQUA .... OR .... the ACQUA is not responding to the rate change.

This is to be sure what is being analyze is reliable.

Lastly ... I do hope other PINK-2 uses will respond to your posting here. Since my focus is Mastering, PINK-2 is not a plug I have used. And it could be I'm missing out on what Pink offers ... but to be fair, I just don't have practical experience using it. I can relay that in our Beta-testing
forum ... I don't recall anyone bringing up the issue. [I'm not discounting what you've posted ... but I wonder why others haven't reported ... and I read [in other forums] how many people seem to be using PINK.

Again ... verify the levels on the MP3 [so that I can test exactly], and I hope tomorrow opens some time for me to test.

thanks

OH ... one more question. Are you using version: R000 Pink-2 Channel strip, installed with AQUARIUS ?

tsykhra
User Level I
User Level I

Post by tsykhra » Tue May 22, 2018 9:15 am

1. Peak/RMS in that case doesn't matter, all you need is compress singal so gain reductuction is applied. This is not "narrow sweet spot" issue. Just apply gain reduction to sinus, bass, drum loop - here they are - those peaks.
2. Just tried to set as default and reload - same situation
3. Yes, I use latest version installed with Aquarius
but I wonder why others haven't reported
Maybe because most of them use it on rich frequency content, that is masking those peaks. I happily used Pink few months until inserted it on that bass line. So count me as first who reported this issue :mrgreen: Let's ask other users to check

AcusticaPress
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by AcusticaPress » Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 am

To me it looks like basic aliasing. It is normal that with 'insane' off you get artefacts - this is the tradeoff for the lower CPU load. I personally always have 'insane' on. From what I can see you have some excellent measurements when it is enabled.
Acustica Press
Acusticaudio SRL
www.acustica-audio.com

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Tue May 22, 2018 12:12 pm

AcusticaPress wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 am
To me it looks like basic aliasing. It is normal that with 'insane' off you get artefacts - this is the tradeoff for the lower CPU load. I personally always have 'insane' on. From what I can see you have some excellent measurements when it is enabled.
Yes exactly.

Using the Pink2 comp section without Insane processing, I see the upper peaks as well, but not present on every kind of material.

With Insane ON, the HF peaks (aliasing or IMD foldback) does not occur in the audible range, as it appears to be filtered out some way (have also been discussed in the early releases of Pink, way back).

I always use Insane too, and here it only increases cpu usage a few extra percent @44.1kHz, so not really an issue to me.
Attachments
Pink2_insane-off-on.jpg
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

tsykhra
User Level I
User Level I

Post by tsykhra » Tue May 22, 2018 12:54 pm

AcusticaPress wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 am
Shouldn’t aliasing be frequency dependent instead of 4 bands of constant frequencies? Shouldn’t each aliasing harminic be lower towards lower frequency? When you send sine waves of different frequencies to Pink2 input you always get the same picture at the output.

AcusticaPress
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by AcusticaPress » Tue May 22, 2018 2:03 pm

It could possibly be other types of artefacts - GC will now this best. But in any case I would expect this to be normal for the compressor with insane off.
Acustica Press
Acusticaudio SRL
www.acustica-audio.com

cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by cjperez » Wed May 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Bought Pink2 recently , gotta say man... The sound of this thing is really awesome... Just wish i could run more on my system... But all in all, i love the sound.. Great job.. Giancarlo and Acustica team
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.