Acustica is pleased to release PINK2 suite, the dawn of CORE12!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Flohre
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Acustica is pleased to release PINK2 suite, the dawn of CORE12!

Post by Flohre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:25 am

Does the metering finally work proper in this version?
The GR-metering in the first version was very poor
System: Windows 10/x64, Pre: 2x F*******e Liquid Channel, Apollo Twin USB, DAW: Cubase 9.5, Wavelab 9.5, Samplitude ProX3, Plugins: Nebula 4/Aqua, 2x F*******e Liquid Mix

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:40 am

giancarlo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:25 pm
be a gorilla wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:00 pm
awesome!

one thing: in pink2412 the sidechain tilt-eq was continuous, now its sadly stepped. would be great to get it continuous again.

sounds really really awesome!!!

cheers
there was a point during betatesting where someone asked why the 7236 was continuous and not stepped like 2412... we didn't remember any more if 2412 was originally continuous or stepped... we can revert it back though

yes, please do it. it offers just a bit more control!

best regards!

phopho
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by phopho » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:30 am

Hello,
Can we have more info about the Lowpass and Hipass filter frequencies of the 1650 EQ. Are they the same we find on Pink 2 channel Strip?
Thank you.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:04 am

lc53a hpf and lpf
The filters are essentially the same as the bandpass on a 550A only they can be used independently. Both have a 12dB per octave slope. HPF is stated as 50Hz and the LPF is stated as 15kHz.

realhomerecording
User Level III
User Level III

Post by realhomerecording » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 pm

First off, woohoo! I have been waiting for this one for awhile now! Review video next week. :D

Second, outstanding job once again AA! The GUIs are beautiful as per the usual and the sound (at least the EQs, as that is all I have tested so far) is quite yummy. The 780 EQ rounds out the package nicely!

It took me a little digging but EQ model D is based on the xxxx [mod edit] LC53A.

Being able to mix the different band types easily just like with Gold is a very nice touch. Just a few pieces of feedback:

Please add a meter to the 780 module.

Speaking of meters, PINK 1 was perfect in my opinion. I'm not sure what happened with this one on the channel strip. The calibrations are far off between PINK v1 and PINK v2. The standalone EQ module's meter is better and also does not match the channel strip.

The manual should include info about the high/low pass filters and band pass.

Please allow us to precisely set to the non-interpolated cut/boost numbers. The real EQs only do 2 dB increments (except Model C and 780) so for the purists out there please make that a possibility. By holding alt before clicking or something.

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:25 pm
be a gorilla wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:00 pm
awesome!

one thing: in pink2412 the sidechain tilt-eq was continuous, now its sadly stepped. would be great to get it continuous again.

sounds really really awesome!!!

cheers
there was a point during betatesting where someone asked why the 7236 was continuous and not stepped like 2412... we didn't remember any more if 2412 was originally continuous or stepped... we can revert it back though
wow, installed the update, that was quick! :) amen to aquarius ;)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm

realhomerecording wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 pm
First off, woohoo! I have been waiting for this one for awhile now! Review video next week. :D

Second, outstanding job once again AA! The GUIs are beautiful as per the usual and the sound (at least the EQs, as that is all I have tested so far) is quite yummy. The 780 EQ rounds out the package nicely!

It took me a little digging but EQ model D is based on the xxxx LC53A.

Being able to mix the different band types easily just like with Gold is a very nice touch. Just a few pieces of feedback:

Please add a meter to the 780 module.

Speaking of meters, PINK 1 was perfect in my opinion. I'm not sure what happened with this one on the channel strip. The calibrations are far off between PINK v1 and PINK v2. The standalone EQ module's meter is better and also does not match the channel strip.

The manual should include info about the high/low pass filters and band pass.

Please allow us to precisely set to the non-interpolated cut/boost numbers. The real EQs only do 2 dB increments (except Model C and 780) so for the purists out there please make that a possibility. By holding alt before clicking or something.

Thank you for the praise

please keep brand names apart! Pink is a suite of different products coming from different directions, even homebrew creations, diy products and much more (vintage modified units, for example)
We are not affiliated with CAPI, we are not affiliated with A*I, they are both registered trademarks. It's important to remind that in every possible place.

About calibration, the old -18dBFs is now mapped to 0dBFs of input trim, so it is way more elegant and easy.

Sheikyearbouti

Post by Sheikyearbouti » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:19 pm

realhomerecording wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 pm
I don't know if what you ask will happen, but from what I know with those finer steps you do not lose any quality at all. Frankly a 2dB step is too much for me. I get the idea of quick workflow as you have to make a choice and its either +2 or +4... But really 2dB is just too large of step for me, at least in the first 4dB of boost/cut. Just my option :)
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/

realhomerecording
User Level III
User Level III

Post by realhomerecording » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:34 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Thank you for the praise

please keep brand names apart! Pink is a suite of different products coming from different directions, even homebrew creations, diy products and much more (vintage modified units, for example)
We are not affiliated with CAPI, we are not affiliated with A*I, they are both registered trademarks. It's important to remind that in every possible place.

About calibration, the old -18dBFs is now mapped to 0dBFs of input trim, so it is way more elegant and easy.
Sorry about that, Giancarlo. I figured since C__i had no problem redesigning someone's gear then what's good for the goose and whatnot. I will try to refrain from brand names in the future.

I still don't understand the new calibration. What does 0 dBFS of the input trim represent? What is the optimum level (highest spot right before distortion) that I should target my levels for?

I'm not sure about elegant if it differs from hardware. I'm used to -22 to -16 dB RMS or so being the optimum levels for hardware. Is this the case for PINK2 and the other recent plugins?
Sheikyearbouti wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:19 pm
I don't know if what you ask will happen, but from what I know with those finer steps you do not lose any quality at all. Frankly a 2dB step is too much for me. I get the idea of quick workflow as you have to make a choice and its either +2 or +4... But really 2dB is just too large of step for me, at least in the first 4dB of boost/cut. Just my option :)
I'm not hearing any quality loss either. The interpolation methods with Core12 tech appears to be quite excellent. But the pure sample/measurement is something many would prefer if given the option.

One other question while I'm thinking about it. What does the P button in the standalone EQs mean? If it's a preamp, which one? This isn't explained in the manual (older GUIs were screenshot, without the P button).

leckel1996
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by leckel1996 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:12 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:27 pm
leckel1996 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:33 pm
What if anything was changed with 2412 compressor. Seems easier to set up than I remember it being.
attack is a way more accurate, and the plugin is sorted in a better way, also visually. Sidechain filter has not a button any more, it is a bit more intuitive. Meters are better. Gainstaging was improved. You have now an optional clipper. Many things
I don't know what you did, but it is so much more usable now. Right up there with L-Bus from TimP as my favorite mixbus comp using Acustica tech. The attack and release settings just work like I would expect them to, unlike other Acustica compressors which I find take a lot of tweaking to move correctly if that makes sense.

Look forward to hearing how this translates to future compressors and upgrades!
N4, Pink2, Azure, Crimson, Lemon, Ivory3, Ebony, Gold, Pearl2, Navy, Sand, Scarlet3, White2, Purple P-1

Frogy
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Frogy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Yes, the 2412 is the star of the show for me. Simply stunning weight and control. Along with the 780 EQ it is now sitting magnificently (she says) - sorry, watched Elbow at the o2 last night - on my drum bus.

Just one slight typo to point out - on the 780 EQ the +12 and -12 are reversed.

Thank you so much for my free update.

lowstudios
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Acustica is pleased to release PINK2 suite, the dawn of CORE12!p

Post by lowstudios » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:53 pm

The imput trim seems to be off on 2715. How are one suposed to drive the preamp harder in to plus levels without the chanel in the daw beeing to hot? This is not the case with the preamp on 2415 where you can drive the preamp into plus levels easily. Please have a loook at this.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:11 am

we decided this different configuration in strip and standalone 2412.
Basically in the strip you are NOT affecting the compressor level, which makes the strip way more usable (you can push saturation without affecting compression, which was a real problem in previous workflow). Anyway in order to compensate this we extended the threshold till -64, so you have 64 dB of range instead of usual 48. There is an additional benefit: you cannot overload the compressor, and there is not reason for that since the preamp is linked to input trim.
For 2412 we decided to keep the previous workflow.

lowstudios
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by lowstudios » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:36 am

giancarlo wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:11 am
we decided this different configuration in strip and standalone 2412.
Basically in the strip you are NOT affecting the compressor level, which makes the strip way more usable (you can push saturation without affecting compression, which was a real problem in previous workflow). Anyway in order to compensate this we extended the threshold till -64, so you have 64 dB of range instead of usual 48. There is an additional benefit: you cannot overload the compressor, and there is not reason for that since the preamp is linked to input trim.
For 2412 we decided to keep the previous workflow.
I understand whar you mean, but that the old workfow was a real problem I don't agree with and if the preamp is affecting the compression you simply just adjust it. The old way is way better if you ask me.

Charlie59
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Charlie59 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:37 am

Words cannot express my pleasure at this release. Thank you so much. This is unbelievable.