Pink

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
be a gorilla

Re: Pink

Post by be a gorilla » Thu May 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Francesco.Tedeschi wrote:New Pink installers with 48 and 88.2 KHz frequencies available!
Missing au

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Thu May 05, 2016 3:04 pm

VST for Mac?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu May 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Ok they created a big installer and it doesn't work, it requires ages for uploading and the uploading breaks due to network errors (box works pretty badly on resume of uploads). I proposed to split the installer, and to create 48-88 as update from 44-96. We'll upload it this night both Windows and Mac

On next week we'll add a feature in acqua so it will be possible to split installers by frequency rates in a clever way. So we could distribute the 48 version alone as update (smaller downloads, easier to manage)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri May 06, 2016 10:57 am

48-88 update pack available for all platforms
On mac osx you need to install 44-96, than upgrade
For windows we created a big installer with all versions, but we are going to adopt the same solution implemented for mac osx.
On next week we'll add a feature to our engine, it will help in our further releases (so we'll be able to release an update for a single frequency rate)

breaking news: we released a new trial version! it is implementing all new features.
We'll generate a new trial to everyone, clearing your account so you'll be able to test the new one.
PAY ATTENTION, DISCLAIMER: it is NOT compatible with previous one. It means you need to use this new one on fresh songs/sessions. Our tech is in general backward compatible but in this particular case we implemented a different architecture (we moved from core7 to core8), it breaks backward compatibility.

solarduan
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by solarduan » Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 pm

giancarlo wrote:48-88 update pack available for all platforms
On mac osx you need to install 44-96, than upgrade
For windows we created a big installer with all versions, but we are going to adopt the same solution implemented for mac osx.
On next week we'll add a feature to our engine, it will help in our further releases (so we'll be able to release an update for a single frequency rate)

breaking news: we released a new trial version! it is implementing all new features.
We'll generate a new trial to everyone, clearing your account so you'll be able to test the new one.
PAY ATTENTION, DISCLAIMER: it is NOT compatible with previous one. It means you need to use this new one on fresh songs/sessions. Our tech is in general backward compatible but in this particular case we implemented a different architecture (we moved from core7 to core8), it breaks backward compatibility.
Hi G,
Once I had download the bigger installation file for Pink Mac 44.1 48 88.2 96,it is about 1.4GB,but today I see you remove it from cloud,does it include any issue?I have shared that files to my Chinese friends!
your method to help the clients to download split installation files,no need to download the full pack again.It is very good and friendy,thank you for all your team.
Best!
Last edited by solarduan on Fri May 06, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/christopher.duran.946
The Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in China mainland
Acustica Audio中国大陆唯一授权经销商:
Chengdu Audiophile Technology Co.,Ltd. of China mainland

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri May 06, 2016 12:11 pm

yes! the good news: we are splitting the installer in two different installers, so you'll have a 44-96 and a 48-88 update

basically if you downloaded already the 44-96 and you don't need further frequency rates just stick with the first one.

solarduan
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by solarduan » Fri May 06, 2016 8:25 pm

giancarlo wrote:yes! the good news: we are splitting the installer in two different installers, so you'll have a 44-96 and a 48-88 update

basically if you downloaded already the 44-96 and you don't need further frequency rates just stick with the first one.
Thanks!
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/christopher.duran.946
The Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in China mainland
Acustica Audio中国大陆唯一授权经销商:
Chengdu Audiophile Technology Co.,Ltd. of China mainland

wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by wrigout » Sat May 07, 2016 11:41 am

I've noticed some weird behavior on pink compressor, like on snare or kick some identical hits are not compressed the same way, pink randomly let pass through compression some transient. I'll try to post images later on.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, anybody has noticed this before ?

harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Post by harmonik » Sun May 08, 2016 1:45 am

wrigout wrote:I've noticed some weird behavior on pink compressor, like on snare or kick some identical hits are not compressed the same way, pink randomly let pass through compression some transient. I'll try to post images later on.
Does "insane" mode fix it?

wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by wrigout » Sun May 08, 2016 12:45 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33wi53hk3p088 ... e.JPG?dl=0

I tried both normal and insane mode (with different attack time and ratio) and it behaves the same.

I tried different gain staging with same result.

I tried without preamp, same.

I tried without Eq and it is less pronounced but still there.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun May 08, 2016 12:59 pm

Yes report using a ticket, investigating your exact issue is worthing
You should take in account compressors are not clippers, they are extremely sensible to past history.
Other thing: attack needs a similar improvement like we did on release. There is a topic about core8 on this forum, alert section.

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Sat May 14, 2016 10:28 am

On Gearslutz it says attack time needs to get fixed and not-insane mode needs fix, too. how far away we are?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat May 14, 2016 11:39 am

Well there is a topic about improvements in core8

1) aliasing is backward compatibile, it could be soon and it is just a tag.
2) attacks need a new release. It could be backward compatibile but it needs an advancement in our tech.

First product implementing new generation of attack shapes will be murano2

mightymosaic

Post by mightymosaic » Sun May 15, 2016 7:00 am

giancarlo wrote:Well there is a topic about improvements in core8

1) aliasing is backward compatibile, it could be soon and it is just a tag.
2) attacks need a new release. It could be backward compatibile but it needs an advancement in our tech.

First product implementing new generation of attack shapes will be murano2
Where we at on a time line for murano2 G?

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Sun May 15, 2016 8:30 am

be a gorilla wrote:On Gearslutz it says attack time needs to get fixed and not-insane mode needs fix, too. how far away we are?
Yes,
Also the fade-out echo should be addressed in next update.
Apparently it has to be a compromise of integrity and changes in sound.
If there is no technical all-in-one fix for this, it should be a user-defined solution to please the majority.
I believe AA needs to take a standpoint in this regard:)
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC