Pink

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
botus99
Expert
Expert

Re: Pink

Post by botus99 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:54 pm

If we've learned anything from Pink and Purple, it's that the color that they name it isn't necessarily the color of the real world product. In the soon-to-be case of Murano, even the color of the plugin itself doesn't match the name or the real world product :lol: We'll find out when Giancarlo infamously says "soon!"
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:27 am

Defenatly a great Comp / Channel Strip . Even Great on an "intimist" Master ! ;)

Andymusikus
User Level III
User Level III

Post by Andymusikus » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:33 am

Since I have really little time to spend I always struggle with posting something. I am sure many of you know that feeling, and I am very sure Giancarlo does :D Also, I unfortunately cannot write only one or two sentences to explain what I mean.
I bought a lot of AA stuff up to now. For an incredible amount of money - absolutely speaking, not relatively - because I think the pricing has been fair and the way AA goes soundwise is going where I want to go. OK, I hated the support and licensing sometimes for offering at least "improvable" customer service (much better nowadays, guys!), incorrect manuals and language, the complicated VAT billing etc. etc. You will rarely find that with UAD or Waves.
BUT: On the other hand I very much like the spirit of your team and always saw it as my investment in a good company. I trust you and your future results. Especially G seems to have a very sincere and fair personality. In my eyes the complete package of a company has to convince me and up to now it does.
So, doing that for several years now and having said the above, I come to Pink. This is the first of all AA plugins which functioned for me right from the start. Others are sounding really good already (and especially Tim P's are sooo great) but I never used them in a complete mix because of inconsistency, just here and there for some bars. I was just testing and testing, sometimes with very good results, but 2 bars later out of the sweet spot again etc. With analog, it simply functions, even if you would like to have this and that improvement. But with PIs at some point I always felt „hmm, that sounds strange here , no, better leave it without“ .
Pink does not have the direction I normally long for soundwise, but here I take the pure raw mix, insert an instance in every channel and 10 minutes later I already feel comfortable with where it is going. That has not been the case with other AA PIs before and definitely not with algos from other companies (and I spent even much more on them over the years without really using them at the end).
So, I want to leave my statement at this very superficial level. Not saying exactly, the pre is sounding so and so and why I love that more than so and so. It is just switching on the pre and FEELING good over the whole 20 bars and not just over 4 or 5. It is not of great interest for whether it is or isn’t an exact clone of so and so.
I hope, I could make my thoughts clear and have a quite positive feeling for the coming AA developments.
Andreas Proske

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:12 am

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WISE WORDS

About the service, we'll try to improve it. Most of our issues today are related with "installation issues", so our support is rather "stressed" by the same questions all the day long. It is not a fault of service in this case, but about the installation procedure itself. Now the good news: we are working to something big. I mean really big. I'm not sure when it will be ready and when my vision will be complete, but it is really something will change completely the approach with the company, buying, testing, installing, checking new releases and so on; it should make our support easier and more focused on real issues

Nesto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by Nesto » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:52 pm

flipnaut wrote:
Brian wrote:I really think the childhood story "Where the Red Fern Grows" holds the clue to Ruby's identity.

He makes a stunning stepped stereo equalizer.
i think then they will do perhaps a "double strip": EQ + Comp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ash6sTm ... tml5=False
Daydreaming about this ... :P

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:08 pm

christ this plugin is so sick !
so happy with it :mrgreen:
#GameChanger

mchillak
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by mchillak » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:43 am

Andrums wrote:
cortinaone wrote:Does anyone else find that the compressor isn't handling low sustained notes?
Yes I noticed this

There is definitely a ringing going on with low end material. Try throwing an 808 kick through the compressor and pulling the threshold down and you get the trademark "ringing" aliasing sound nebula compressors are known for when it comes to low end sources. I was kinda disappointed that this is still an issue but I will say that turning on the "insane" switch gets rid of the issue.

Is this something which will be fixed in the release?

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:10 am

im a little confused about eq the steps in Pink

it sure looks like 1db and it has to be 1db steps
but some are saying its 2db steps and some are saying its 1db steps

so what is it ? hehe :)

and yes i did read the manual too

cheers
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:34 am

mchillak wrote:
Andrums wrote:
cortinaone wrote:Does anyone else find that the compressor isn't handling low sustained notes?
Yes I noticed this

There is definitely a ringing going on with low end material. Try throwing an 808 kick through the compressor and pulling the threshold down and you get the trademark "ringing" aliasing sound nebula compressors are known for when it comes to low end sources. I was kinda disappointed that this is still an issue but I will say that turning on the "insane" switch gets rid of the issue.

Is this something which will be fixed in the release?
insane mode is the fix for this.
if it occurs, switch to insane mode.
if you want to be sure to have the best available quality, use insane.

non-insane mode could be seen as an option to save cpu in big projects.
also with longer attack times, it should be safe.

but for the mentioned problem with electronic kick sounds, it is THE SOLUTION. 8-)
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx el capitan - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit), mixbus 6

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Post by Mercado_Negro » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:52 am

[email protected] wrote:im a little confused about eq the steps in Pink

it sure looks like 1db and it has to be 1db steps
but some are saying its 2db steps and some are saying its 1db steps

so what is it ? hehe :)

and yes i did read the manual too

cheers
When I mentioned this I forgot to say this is only true for the B version which has a narrower bandwidth. The A version is more or less 1dB steps.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:26 am

thanks for clearing that up about the steps on Pink :)

no more confusion :mrgreen:
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:30 am

gussyg wrote:christ this plugin is so sick !
#GameChanger
its so nice to come in a thread with other people that really know and appreciate how good tool this is without trolls, i think you know who i mean without mentioning nicknames hehe

Cheers mate :)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:16 am

A big surprise on the eq is on the way.
This product rocks!

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:21 am

[email protected] wrote:
gussyg wrote:christ this plugin is so sick !
#GameChanger
its so nice to come in a thread with other people that really know and appreciate how good tool this is without trolls, i think you know who i mean without mentioning nicknames hehe

Cheers mate :)
funny how people get attached to tools, I use my ears to judge and nothing else , I'm no golden ears kinda guy but I've been in the game long enough to hear excellence when it comes along :D
Pink is just that...
if i had a wish list for this plugin it would be
Mix knob for the compressor
the ability to swap the order of the pre/eq/comp
some sort of parametric q
but as it stands it's an amazing plugin
I was laughing to myself yesterday as to just how good this tools is, hoping praying they update Titanium with this round of new tech

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:27 am

giancarlo wrote:A big surprise on the eq is on the way.
This product rocks!
you guys have outdone yourselves with this one :shock:
I see many new users/pros singing it's praises too