Amethyst 3 low output volume - please don't delete my posts!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
darren

Amethyst 3 low output volume - please don't delete my posts!

Post by darren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Devs,

I must first, with respect, ask you for some common courtesy;
I have posted about this subject several times and each time you delete my post with no reason given or solution offered. It is extremely frustrating!

Once again, I offer evidence (attached imaged) of the volume problem. I have used a tone generator in Reaper to feed Amethyst 2 and Amethyst 3 a -3db signal. You can clearly see the difference on the output of v2 and v3.. v3 is much lower.

Please devs, before rudely deleting my posts, attempt first to engage with the issue.
Attachments
Amethyst 3 vs Amethyst 2 output level.JPG
Output volume of Amethyst v3 very low.
N4. N3 Server. Ultramarine. Scarlet. Sand. Pink 7236. Pink 2412. Pink. Ivory. Green. Aquamarine. Amethyst. Gold.

mathias
Expert
Expert

Re: Amethyst 3 low output volume - please don't delete my po

Post by mathias » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:29 pm

hi darren,
your posts were not deleted as far as i can see, but moved to here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=82

i remember trying to confirm your issue on my system in the past, but i was not able to.
sorry to hear that it is still not clear what is wrong in your system with amethyst 3.
seems nobody else is experiencing the same, so this is quite strange.

i will try once again, if i can confirm your findings.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

SlayermanGR
User Level II
User Level II

Post by SlayermanGR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:49 pm

I too have experienced the exact same issue at least once (and taking into account that I rarely use Amethyst, it is quite a big chance :P ), although the last time I tried to reproduce it it just wasn't there and I can't even remember in which project it did occur...

But I am 100% confident I have encountered this issue as well... Really wish I had the time to find this bug (because something is certainly going on under some circumstances)... One thing that comes to mind is different sample rates (44.1 vs 48)... If I ever stumble upon it again I will keep some notes :)
Amethyst, Azure, Cobalt, Coral, Crimson, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Ivory, Lemon, Lift, Lime, N4, Pearl, Pink 2, Pink, Pink Compressors, Ruby, Sand

darren

Post by darren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Ah, I had not realised the post was moved (rather than deleted). Consider my tempestuous mood rendered calm :)

It's also good to know others have experienced the same problem with Amethyst.
N4. N3 Server. Ultramarine. Scarlet. Sand. Pink 7236. Pink 2412. Pink. Ivory. Green. Aquamarine. Amethyst. Gold.