Amethyst

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
adrachin
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Amethyst

Post by adrachin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:01 am

After installation I see a message "please authorize product". But I did not find any information how to do that. And if I insert it into a channel it immediately boost level about 15 - 20 dB. That can`t be as designed, or?

Thanks

Thomas

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:24 am

adrachin wrote:After installation I see a message "please authorize product". But I did not find any information how to do that. And if I insert it into a channel it immediately boost level about 15 - 20 dB. That can`t be as designed, or?

Thanks

Thomas
Hallo Thomas, hier ist eine Anleitung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2MQrX9_Lvs
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:16 am

adrachin wrote:After installation I see a message "please authorize product". But I did not find any information how to do that. And if I insert it into a channel it immediately boost level about 15 - 20 dB. That can`t be as designed, or?

Thanks

Thomas
No information, even in READ ME.txt file?
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

callumr
User Level III
User Level III

Post by callumr » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Oh boy looking forward to getting this!

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:07 pm

had a lot of fun with this yesterday on the drum bus, try putting any 1176 emulation after Amethyst using the filters with any amp and then compressor, i used the free FET-76 from CDsoundmaster, then lastly i added the eaReckon from Transreckon to regain some attack.

the masterchain got comprised by a flat Murano with SC and Gold transformer followed by minor adjustments in Pearl then T-tape Sat + T-tape.

crazy good results! :shock:
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:45 pm

well. now. for me it is a game changer in compressor world. The release is so fast and also the attack. I can really get a snappy snare and then boost it out of the mix. i had never had a plugin which can do this punching thing... and the eq does react in a nice way with the punch. You can really bring a snare to "ring"... it is perfect for natural drums and rock style. It also works on master and on parallel drums!

What i do not like so far is CPU: the more instances i use it needs around 40 % in studio one. So that is much more than navy, but the reaction is super - esp the fast release.

This is a plugin i really would choose like it would be a hardware tool! It does bring out a snare a lot of better than my C******r Fet HW comp. It sounds not as those algos out there... it is something different.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:51 pm

the good about this technique: we are NOT using lookahead. It is truly fast, without oversampling!

beingmf3
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by beingmf3 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Anybody notice a severe volume spike when switching the compressor modes? Especially with a filtered drum loop it was quite ... erm, shocking :)

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:10 pm

beingmf3 wrote:Anybody notice a severe volume spike when switching the compressor modes? Especially with a filtered drum loop it was quite ... erm, shocking :)
I have volume spike as well. It happen also when you launch the plugin
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Post by basaristudios » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:23 pm

The weird thing is i do not have a Volume Spike, its something i have on Murano.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.

beingmf3
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by beingmf3 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:54 pm

But - strange enough - not always. I just tried to reproduce (turned up preamp gain etc.) in a mastering context, but it behaved as it should :(

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:59 pm

giancarlo wrote:the good about this technique: we are NOT using lookahead. It is truly fast, without oversampling!
ok very cool. However and what it does: Really good and congrats @Team. Now i hope that people recognize it as a great snare gem ;D

Now way is free to make the black comp finsih isn't it G.? Do you have already something to do that all button mode trick?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 pm

about black: I'm still developing the tech! at each release we are closer and closer. This monday we'll evalute an other technique in order to improve amethyst further! as already said, we'll resample the "release" knob in order to add more precision to it and minimize interpolation errors on release values.

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:39 pm

gonna be honest here.. I doesn't blow me away :?
sounds like a bread and butter workhorse to me.. the sonic characteristics sound just "ok" to me , some odd stuff going on with the LMF and LF, they seem very unbalanced :o LMF is totally different to the LF sonics & gain..
Gonna have to add the comp to the rest of the pile of Aqua comps that just don't click with me.. the attack/release behaviour is that typical "nebular" hit'n miss feel
I guess it's all subjective and personal ateotd

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:25 pm

The eq is "that" eq, and the compressor is "that" compressor. We publish an audio demo exactly for checking if you like that sound our not
We'll add waaay more points to attack and release of the compressor, which is exactly what you are asking, but I don't want to convince you.
I know people loving this console and hating this other one and so on. Countless records were created using that eq, for example