White Mastering EQ

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
fabio.migliorati

White Mastering EQ

Post by fabio.migliorati » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:19 pm

Acustica presents its first Endorsement:
HW_ok_smallOK.png
WSM is an exciting product of White Sound Mastering

WSM PEQ-2.0 is a solid state "Pultec® style EQ", with dual-mono channel topology designed specifically for Mastering.
Its solid state design gives it excellent transient response., and has knobs with stepped controls to guarantee perfect reproduction of the stereo spectrum and with amazing complete recall capabilities.

The HARDWARE was created as the evolution of a classic Pultec® equalizer using passive filters , inductors and transformers , while the design choice of a make -up solid state makes it suitable for any musical genre.
The low frequency band has been enhanced by being split , so now, unlike with most Pultec-style units, you can use the controls of the CUT and BOOST simultaneously on multiple frequencies. This provides greater flexibility and many more possibilities for sound-shaping the audio.

The WSM began as a custom project of White Sound Mastering studio in Florence.

The SOFTWARE emulation by Acustica will be available soon! (MORE DETAILS COMING UP)
SW_ok_smallOK.png
It will be available an ALTERNATIVE SKIN for all owners which enhances the potential of this beautiful software!
pultec_011_SMALL.png

*Legal detail
WSM is a registered trademark property of white Sound Mastering studio in Florence. All other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with WSM and/or Acustica-audio S.R.L.
Product names are used solely for the purpose of identifying the specific products that were studied during Acustica’s sound model development and for describing certain types of tones produced with Acustica’s digital modeling technology. Use of these names does not imply any cooperation or endorsement. Pultec® is a registered trademark property of Pulse Techniques, LLC.

ceemusic

Re: White Mastering EQ

Post by ceemusic » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Interesting, waiting for the demo...
i7 5820k· RAM 32GB DDR4· Int. 1TB HD x3· Int. 500 GB SSD x2· Video HD-5450 1GB· Win 10 x64· RME FF400· Cubase· S1P· Reaper · CbB · VEPro 6· MB32c

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 pm

well... the blue Acustica GUI looks much better than the black HW unit :lol:
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

mymusic
Expert
Expert

Post by mymusic » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Hooooolly shiiiiit, my eyes and ears are bleeding with happiness without even hearing this beast. I'm sure its going to be one of the best EQ from AA. And true, the Blue Acustica GUI is my favorite here. Big time

But if AA can give the choice for the user to either install the Blue GUI or the other one, it would be a good plus for the user.

Woooow, downloading this now ;-)
Music Producer - Mix Engineer - Entrepreneur
http://www.soundcloud.com/absolutmy
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:57 pm

It is the first eq product with
- mid/side
- Sync of buttons in link mode
- Superfast loading of low boost and low cut with little memory footprint and band interaction

Price: around 150.
Presale: 10%
Eqp1 owners: additional 10%

Being an endorsement (we pay them too) i would say the price is rather low.
Eq shapes are unbelievably good and clean. I would say the best software pltc ever

The original unit has been used as mastering unit for years, as concept product. They own also the reference ivory eq unit, but the real king was this unit

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:27 am

wow! i hope they look like that in realtime too, they all look beautiful, looking forward to hear that bottom end, cause i'm going to squeeze these bastards with Murano and i will have no mercy :twisted:
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 am

Another big gui. 8-) Bravo Acustica, this one looks nice!
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

Sheikyearbouti

Post by Sheikyearbouti » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:10 am

mymusic wrote:Hooooolly shiiiiit, my eyes and ears are bleeding with happiness without even hearing this beast. I'm sure its going to be one of the best EQ from AA. And true, the Blue Acustica GUI is my favorite here. Big time
You just described my reaction here when I saw the first post :D
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/

tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Post by tkrizic » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:49 am

Core7?

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:12 am

tkrizic wrote:Core7?
hmm, i don't think this question is of relevance anymore, everything that can be core7 is going to be core7, and i don't think acustica is going to look back, they're just going to push boundaries as usual bringing us these treats :)
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.