White Mastering EQ

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
NoNameComesInMind

Re: White Mastering EQ

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:37 am

richie43 wrote:
NoNameComesInMind wrote:BUT! of importance, i noticed that the right side preamp switch goes offline when switching to mid-side, but i can turn it on afterwards, is this behaviour normal? i'll make a ticket too just in case.
That is the bypass switch (and labelled as such...lol). There is only one preamp switch. The bypass flashes when changing the m-s. that's all.
well of course it is it's even stated with letters! i'm going to bed now! cause it's obviously needed, you never need 2 of them if it's not for coloration of course, sigh...

thanks for the clarification though richie :)
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:40 am

NoNameComesInMind wrote:
richie43 wrote:
NoNameComesInMind wrote:"Second HIGH FREQUENCY section is made up of two INDIPENDENT subsections,
the BOOST and the CUT sections."

ouch acustica, that typo in the user manual :(
Confirmed.......(I do some proof-reading for AA documentation, and for some strange reason I never got this part of the manual to proof-read.......)
there were some few here and there, but it was a fun read and i don't care, i mean.. just look at my username.. :lol:

BUT! of importance, i noticed that the right side preamp switch goes offline when switching to mid-side, but i can turn it on afterwards, is this behaviour normal? i'll make a ticket too just in case.
So what do you think of the sound NoNameComesInMind ?
does the White want you to take your Pearl and Emerald of your master and throw them away ? :)

at this time i dont dare trial it as i cant afford it hehe,
if acustica acepted visa cards i could buy it now, but sadly thats not the case yet
and i must admit if im gonna continue buying aqua eq's in this pace i really hope we get a loyalty bonus after a certain time
well i can at least dream about it :)

Cheers
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:57 am

resisted pearl & emerald...
might jump in on this one ;)

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:58 am

[email protected] wrote: So what do you think of the sound NoNameComesInMind ?
does the White want you to take your Pearl and Emerald of your master and throw them away ? :)

if acustica acepted visa cards i could buy it now, but sadly thats not the case yet
and i must admit if im gonna continue buying aqua eq's in this pace i really hope we get a loyalty bonus after a certain time

Cheers
Dude, bad timing. :) This is NOT the one to skip...

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:02 am

giancarlo wrote:
kindafishy wrote:...and the inevitable, "When does the pre-sale end?" question.

Sorry if already been asked and answered. The first post should probably be edited to have this answer.

Anyone? Thanks!
We planned the end on 4th january
Thanks G!

...and a question. If I potentially found a bug with the trial version, should I submit a ticket or post it here?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:36 am

A ticket is the best choice, so we can track it and put in the to-do list

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:08 am

giancarlo wrote:A ticket is the best choice, so we can track it and put in the to-do list
Will do, G. Thanks.

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:15 pm

What native sample rates White has in trial and in full version?

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:10 pm

[email protected] wrote:
So what do you think of the sound NoNameComesInMind ?

Cheers
a

well as said earlier, it is really amazing, it's ultra transparent, and the preamp just adds weight, really nothing more than weight, as said earlier, it's hard not to go too far with this cause you'll make music everywhere with it, and as soon as you're satisfied by finally finding a spot that doesn't make sense, you'll touch the Q-control and the quest starts over again ;)

you'd not be dissapointed in this jfjer, can't really see where i cannot put this, for repairing bottom end it's a main go to i'd believe, but i cannot shun any of the other recent products because music is music, and currently Emerald sits on my drum bus, and not on my master and it has it's place there for a reason not for what it was originally made to do, it was just the right thing to do for this current project :).

i will still see them as powerful amazing tools, and i'm only expanding my arsenal :)

have a great one!

weststudio
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by weststudio » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:14 pm

This was just the one i was waiting for, now i can sell my Warm Audio pultec clones :-)

Amazing work again guys!
HackPro i7-5820K @3.8Ghz 6-Core 32GB Hackingtosh 24000 Geekbench
Logic Pro X 10.4.1 - OSX 10.12.6 - VEP 6 - Honey2 - Ivory2 - White2 - Magenta3 - Navy - Pink2 - Sand - Pink Comps - Nebula3 & 4 - Amethyst2 -Aquamarine3 - Coral- Emerald - Purple P1 & M5 - Pearl2 - Gold

http://www.weststudio.nl

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:13 pm

People sometimes ask to us what is the purpose of so many different eq in our shop: the same reason why you have different units in a classic recoding studio. Each source needs a proper tool, and someone is happy to pay big money for a different spice. I think emerald and white can coexist, there is not a winner. But this white has a clear value, in my opinion it is the best p-inspired device in the software realm, at least it is what we tried to achieve!
In my opinion it is good just because
- the original device is amazing
- the emulation is sampled and not just derived from classic circuit modeling - which gives a good approximation, but not the real thing and it does not take account of imperfections; it is also strictly not minimum phase, like it is happening on so many plugin emulations lately.

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:37 pm

giancarlo wrote:People sometimes ask to us what is the purpose of so many different eq in our shop: the same reason why you have different units in a classic recoding studio. Each source needs a proper tool, and someone is happy to pay big money for a different spice. I think emerald and white can coexist, there is not a winner. But this white has a clear value, in my opinion it is the best p-inspired device in the software realm, at least it is what we tried to achieve!
In my opinion it is good just because
- the original device is amazing
- the emulation is sampled and not just derived from classic circuit modeling - which gives a good approximation, but not the real thing and it does not take account of imperfections; it is also strictly not minimum phase, like it is happening on so many plugin emulations lately.
this is your answer jfjer put in a more beautiful way by giancarlo!

Murano i chuck on my master because of it's ability to lift forth snap and punch and also has a very beautiful somewhat dark timbre that i liked on this current project, whilst Emerald without the pre works my Drum Bus because i loved what it did to the low end but it's tonality reduced some sharpness to the overall drum mix so i also boosted a bit of highs and: - voila! - there my vision was (god i love working with these tools!).

I have the Pearl working a hat that needed some dimension but a strong not too sharp character to not devour the snap of the kick and snare transients. and yesterday i chuck the White too on my master and played around and i could control the overall mix effortlessly, because of it's transparency and my already colored mix, it was perfect to be able to control just the dimension of sound with.

needless to say, Scarlet might also do the job, so as other eq's! i'm still experimenting with this particular mix, and that what's so much fun with Acusticas products, if you have a vision you can just jump in there and try, and it'll reveal itself.

best!
Last edited by NoNameComesInMind on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:44 pm

What native sample rates White EQ has in trial and in full version?
Is there any info?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:54 pm

44, 48, 88, 96
Not sure about the trial though
just inspect the vector folder

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Andrums wrote:What native sample rates White EQ has in trial and in full version?
Is there any info?
44.1 and 96 in trial, that's what the installer says in dashboard