Terrible Support

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
uve
User Level III
User Level III

Terrible Support

Post by uve » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:32 pm

As part of an atrocious support experience today, Acustica Support asked me as part of troubleshooting to copy by zip file to them my entire nebula4temprepository folder.

While Acustica Audio is deathly concerned about their own copy protection, they seem to have no problem in asking me for my UNPROTECTED, licensed to ME ONLY Tim Petherick and Cupwise libraries.

I am not saying that they are doing this for a nefarious purpose, but the double-standard stupidity boggles the mind. I refuse to give anyone my licensed libraries.

I tried to get a hold of Giancarlo by e-mail, but he is off the radar.

I have had many many bad experiences with Acustica Support, and I will not be dealing with Acustica again.

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Terrible Support

Post by flaviusr » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:41 pm

What is the issue you are experiencing with nebula?
temp repository is temp no licences involved.
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9.5 Wavelab Pro 9 Reaper 5.91 Ozone 8 Pro Tools 12.5

uve
User Level III
User Level III

Post by uve » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 pm

What are you talking about?

All my paid for Tim Petherick and Cupwise libraries are in there.

You are a beta tester? Really?

uve
User Level III
User Level III

Post by uve » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:57 pm

AlternativeDataPath?

Ring a bell?

uve
User Level III
User Level III

Post by uve » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 pm

The ignorance here is continuing.

I don't wan't to respond to ridiculousness.

I'm out.

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by flaviusr » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:07 pm

u must be using windows, i´m on mac only, they are different.
what is your issue?

uve
User Level III
User Level III

Post by uve » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Too late.

I have had the biscuit.

Why would I ask for support on a forum when Acustica Support can do nothing right. I have spent way too much time already with all this nonsense.

This is the last in a line of a series of awful support experiences.

I said I was out. Please don't try to draw me back in. Enough is enough. Does my first post not explain the stupidity well enough? Goodbye.

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by flaviusr » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 pm

just trying to help, I will not make you loose more time with me, I wish that you find what you need, good weekend.

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 am

This is the last in a line of a series of awful support experiences.
I perfectly understand your mood. For a year or so, when I have a problem I prefer to deal with it instead of contacting acustica support and talk with someone that is completely unable to apologize in any given case.

Good Luck!
Keep it simple, be happy.

Logic Pro X / Reaper / RME / Italian Handcrafted Loudspeakers

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:47 pm

We don't have crashes at all.
But we don't have any control on 3rd party developers, especially when they "invent"
If you want to be helped, when support tries to understand the issue asking for the repository you should imho provide it...
There are more then 600 libraries and inside each program there are often wrong tags or unsupported features, guessed sometimes by 3rd party developers inspecting acqua plugins and guessed badly. We can't prevent a bad programming, and we can't be 100% backward compatible with an invented solution, it is beyond what an human can do. We have 1200 tags (read: special keywords) and we cant manage the combination of all of them. Do the math, it is the number of stars of milky way maybe. As soon as we find mistakes in libraries we try to contact the developer.
If you don't want to be helped it's fine, though
In such case just remove all 3rd party libraries, reverting to standard nebula4 libraries, and show that it is not working, in such case we'll not ask anything (for the exception of master files if you modified them)

All of this is not related with copy protection in 99% of cases
A program in error goes to init. Copy protection is just one of reasons, because nebula can't decrypt and read the content. There is not a magic recipe.
Just my 2 cents

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Btw there is a possible easy solution for us, and it could stop all our headaches.
We could stop to support all 3rd party not-official liberators (all not listed developers, limiting our support to clean n4 installations)
We are distributing nebula and our libraries, this is what we control, this is what we know. This is also what we can debug.

Just to make a clear example, Microsoft is not responsible of bugs introduced by adobe. If you don't believe me, try to reach Microsoft when you have a problem in Photoshop EVEN if the problem arises in a new Windows update. Nobody will debug your Photoshop, for the exception of the original developer
My other 2 cents.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Btw I hope you are using your old init files in the case you are using 3rd party libraries based on some ancient protection

1) we suggest always to backup everything
2) we suggest to use you old init files when possible
3) we suggest to remove ALL the old acustica commercial library if you want to use the new one
4) an other shortcut, don't use the old repository. Use a new one. Possibly keep the old one for the old nebula 3 installation. If you want to move all libraries do it carefully, migrating also AUT files accordingly.
5) several old libraries don't support 64 bits

uve
User Level III
User Level III

Post by uve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:36 am

I am sorry G, you don't understand the problem either.

Go read my private support thread. My N4 and UAE version are improper. What does this have to do with 3rd parties? I have tried everything. And the troubleshooting by Acustica ended up being absolutely ridiculous.

I don't want to argue here any more.

uve
User Level III
User Level III

Post by uve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:46 am

I have solved my own problem, without AA support.

It had nothing to do with the nebula4temprepository, as I expected. AA support was on a wild goose chase.

Aquarius wrote N4 data into my VIOLET folder during an earlier install. When I deleted VIOLET and re-installed with the new Aquarius version, everything was fine. This was in my Acqua VST folder, nowhere near the nebula4temprepository.

Why would 3rd party or 1st party Nebula programs have anything to do with a wrong engine and UAE version? Nothing in the nebula4temprepository folder could have caused this.

If you look at my ticket history Giancarlo, you will see that I have solved all of my problems myself, without any help from support. They either ignored my support request because they didn't believe there was a problem, or they did not understand the problem, or they said the problem was unfixable.

uve
User Level III
User Level III

Post by uve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:17 am

In your previous posts on this thread G, you threatened to dump all support for N3 libraries for a problem that in no way could have come from 3rd party N3 libraries.

If this is the kind of responses you give, what faith can I have in your company? Will N3 support be dropped in the N4 full version for completely the wrong reasons?

Nobody takes the time to understand the essence of the problem over there, it's like everybody is having knee-jerk reactions.

Not impressed at all.

Ok I will post no more on here.