Forum Constantly Logging Out?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3462
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by Support » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Forum status is working.

Correct steps, and the only way to get a SSO log-in in forums:

1. Go Acustica Audio website with URL: https://www.acustica-audio.com
2. Log-in with your credentials, URL is: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/login
3. After log-in in website, click in forum link in home page website. It is a MANDATORY step.

IMPORTANT: If forum go in time out and you get logged out, go step one.
NOTE: any other method for forums log-in will not work, use the correct log-in method.

PS: A cookie file maximum life time is 60 days, not infinite.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
davidgary73
Expert
Expert
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by davidgary73 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Support wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm
Forum status is working.

Correct steps, and the only way to get a SSO log-in in forums:

1. Go Acustica Audio website with URL: https://www.acustica-audio.com
2. Log-in with your credentials, URL is: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/login
3. After log-in in website, click in forum link in home page website. It is a MANDATORY step.

IMPORTANT: If forum go in time out and you get logged out, go step one.
NOTE: any other method for forums log-in will not work, use the correct log-in method.

PS: A cookie file maximum life time is 60 days, not infinite.
I tired as many times as i can with your method before i post this but still get logged out within minutes.

I was logged out again when submitting this post.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •


Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3462
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by Support » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Your local computer cookie expired for Acustica Audio website. Delete all cookies from your web browser/local computer and then in main Acustica Audio site accept the new cookie, repeat the process at least once each 59 days.

If not even with the correct token from main website SSO, forum will logout due expired cookie.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3756
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by RJHollins » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 am

Support wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:02 pm
Your local computer cookie expired for Acustica Audio website. Delete all cookies from your web browser/local computer and then in main Acustica Audio site accept the new cookie, repeat the process at least once each 59 days.

If not even with the correct token from main website SSO, forum will logout due expired cookie.
This is NOT working !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

boldlove
User Level IV
User Level IV
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by boldlove » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:59 pm

The problem still persists... I'm logged in, wait about 1-2 minutes, click a topic or refresh, I'm logged out...

(3 times I got logged out before I could post this reply...)

Jack Winter
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:49 pm
Location: Luxembourg / Spain

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by Jack Winter » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:23 pm

FWIW, it seems better for me. I can just refresh the unread quick link and I see the new posts. This used to be impossible before. Had to back out and refresh and then chose the unread link again.
i7-2600k/16GB, i7-4700HQ/16GB, Archlinux/KDE/REAPER, Multiface/Babyface/X32, Genelec 8040, and far too much more to list.

User avatar
flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Brasil

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by flaviusr » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:03 pm

logging out even after removing cookies and doing the right steps
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9.5 Wavelab Pro 9 Reaper 5.91 Ozone 8 Pro Tools 12.5

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3462
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by Support » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:14 am

flaviusr wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:03 pm
logging out even after removing cookies and doing the right steps
You need (mandatory) to accept a new cookie in the main web-site. No cookie is equal to an expired cookie. It is easy to see your login time stamp for the forum in the web browser address,

?nickname=Support&[email protected] ... 1532329898[/b]&hash=9dd6950f9f8bd822020961a1ba406c27

In my case, today, 1532329898 = 07/23/2018 @ 7:11am (UTC) -> https://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3462
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by Support » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 am

About the website cookie, you can see it and edit it in Chrome using developers tools, Ctrl+Majuscule+I (Windows) or Cmd+Option+I (macOS), and then go Application, Cookies.
We renew every day main web-site cookie, due we do not save the web-browser session locally with our web-browsers in our test computes and virtual machines. That simply means we accept the main website cookie everyday, so never expire.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
davidgary73
Expert
Expert
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by davidgary73 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:02 am

Support wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:14 am
flaviusr wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:03 pm
logging out even after removing cookies and doing the right steps
You need (mandatory) to accept a new cookie in the main web-site. No cookie is equal to an expired cookie. It is easy to see your login time stamp for the forum in the web browser address,

?nickname=Support&[email protected] ... 1532329898[/b]&hash=9dd6950f9f8bd822020961a1ba406c27

In my case, today, 1532329898 = 07/23/2018 @ 7:11am (UTC) -> https://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php

Removed cookie and accepted the new cookie. Logged in following the steps provided earlier and i click on this thread, click reply and immediately got logged out. So..no help :(
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •


Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3756
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by RJHollins » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 am

Cleared Cookies ... Still getting Logged OUT.

This is not working.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3462
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by Support » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm

RJHollins wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 am
Cleared Cookies ... Still getting Logged OUT.

This is not working.
About the website cookie, you can see it and edit it in Chrome using developers tools, Ctrl+Majuscule+I (Windows) or Cmd+Option+I (macOS), and then go Application, Cookies.
We renew every day main web-site cookie, due we do not save the web-browser session locally with our web-browsers in our test computes and virtual machines. That simply means we accept the main website cookie everyday, so never expire.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3756
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by RJHollins » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm

After Logging in from Main page. Go to FORUM. Shows as Logged-IN.

Go NEW POST. Asked to Log IN.

Enter data.

See 'Only administrators are enabled to login to this page'.

Win7, FireFox.

note: SOMETIMES I can read/post to the Forum ... then I get Logged OUT, and cannot get back in.

I've done Clear Cookies. Accept New Cookies.

Zero issue with the dozen of other websites I visit. AA Forum is the only one.

As a Beta-Tester ... this is a big problem !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

User avatar
SteDal
Expert
Expert
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Northern Italy

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by SteDal » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:10 am

Here's some more user experience, just in case...

I followed all the steps recommended above, and actually things seem to have improved somehow.
Yet, each time I have to change the way I'm connected (say, from my home Wi-Fi net to the 4G mobile data net) I have to go through the whole process from scratch.

Are those access cookies "net-sensitive", so to speak?
This is the only forum I know that shows this strange behavior...
I would call it all but user-friendly! :roll:
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.961

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3462
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Forum Constantly Logging Out?

Post by Support » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:12 am

SteDal wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:10 am
Here's some more user experience, just in case...

I followed all the steps recommended above, and actually things seem to have improved somehow.
Yet, each time I have to change the way I'm connected (say, from my home Wi-Fi net to the 4G mobile data net) I have to go through the whole process from scratch.

Are those access cookies "net-sensitive", so to speak?
This is the only forum I know that shows this strange behavior...
I would call it all but user-friendly! :roll:
Hash changed, so you need a new SSO from main website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_ ... _functions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptogra ... h_function
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Post Reply